IGNORED

Season ticket count (Merged)

Topper 123

On 30/06/2016 at 12:34, NYTRAM said:

I had a call about parking yesterday so I asked when season cards would be out and I was told next few weeks (middle of July). 

This was what I was told when they corrected my DD for the season card.

7 hours ago, Ian M said:

28/4/16 (last day of initial sale periods) - @Red Necromancer counted 3874 remaining on BS website

29/4/16 (following closure of sale period) - Club announce "just over 13k sold".

5/7/16 2798 remaining on BS website.

Can someone explain who these figures stack up ?  

Club said , top tier opens if we sell 18k ST's  so would that mean 1.5k potd-ish, plus the 2798 remaining from the 18k = tickets sold ? 

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

This was what I was told when they corrected my DD for the season card.

Can someone explain who these figures stack up ?  

Club said , top tier opens if we sell 18k ST's  so would that mean 1.5k potd-ish, plus the 2798 remaining from the 18k = tickets sold ? 

Well in the lower teir there are 22k seats approx. 3.4k for away support. This leaves 18.6k to home fans. 18k season tickets would only leave 600 pay on the day. Too close to lock out for me. 

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

Assumptions;

14.5k season cards

2.7k Away seats - 10% of capacity 

2k Corporate/Community

2k POTD/Members

Total = 21,200 seats potentially filled.

Of course, only a couple of away teams will sell 2.7k and our POTD will fluctuate (could take us over the 22k available or downwards for other games).

I'd better get down there now to get a parking space for the Wigan game.

1 hour ago, cynic said:

Assumptions;

14.5k season cards

2.7k Away seats - 10% of capacity 

2k Corporate/Community

2k POTD/Members

Total = 21,200 seats potentially filled.

Of course, only a couple of away teams will sell 2.7k and our POTD will fluctuate (could take us over the 22k available or downwards for other games).

More than a couple I'd say cynic. I'd expect Newcastle, villa, leeds, sheffs weds, Birmingham, Cardiff, derby to sell 2.7k at our place for sure and maybe even the like of Ipswich, Norwich, reading, brighton and forest may do it.

• Admin
12 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

More than a couple I'd say cynic. I'd expect Newcastle, villa, leeds, sheffs weds, Birmingham, Cardiff, derby to sell 2.7k at our place for sure and maybe even the like of Ipswich, Norwich, reading, brighton and forest may do it.

Would be interesting to see how many they would sell if we gave them more?

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

There was a limit of circa 1500 so it's not really a surprise no team sold 2000.

Stop letting facts ruin a good discussion :chant6ez:

23 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Pretty sure norwich won't as both our games against them are Tuesday evenings iirc

10 hours ago, Ian M said:

28/4/16 (last day of initial sale periods) - @Red Necromancer counted 3874 remaining on BS website

29/4/16 (following closure of sale period) - Club announce "just over 13k sold".

5/7/16 2798 remaining on BS website.

Not sure how to explain the numbers but we haven't broken the previous season ticket sales record of 13,663 yet.

3 hours ago, milo1111 said:

Norwich to bring 2.7k on a Tuesday night is highly unlikely!

• Admin
47 minutes ago, cynic said:

Which was my point really - if no team sold their full allocation last season, why should they this season ?

Newcastle may do it and Leeds if its a saturday, not sure about Villa, but thats about it.

Villa looking for clubs to agree an admission price and then charge the same when that team visits Villa Park

I just hope that they make as much of Villa Park available as we know we will fill what they currently have on offer

55 minutes ago, cynic said:

Which was my point really - if no team sold their full allocation last season, why should they this season ?

Newcastle may do it and Leeds if its a saturday, not sure about Villa, but thats about it.

Some teams sold their full allocation last season.  Cardiff immediately springs to mind.

54 minutes ago, cynic said:

Not actually sure what your point is. I said circa 1500. That's around 1500. I believe the actual number to be slightly less.

1 Birmingham City 1,471
2 Sheffield Wednesday 1,467
3 Middlesbrough 1,463
4 Cardiff City 1,462
5 Ipswich Town 1,443
6 West Brom 1,431

Those numbers are circa 1500 I'd say.

Birmingham City say they sold out - http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/bristol-city-birmingham-city-2925051.aspx

Sheffield Wednesday say they sold out - http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/ashton-gate-sell-out-3024966.aspx

Middlesbrough say they sold out - http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2016/middlesbrough-bristol-city-2888252.aspx

Cardiff say they sold out - http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/match-preview-bristol-city-v-cardiff-city-2988567.aspx

8 minutes ago, cynic said:

Any reason why they only allocate 2,900 when the capacity of the ground is 42k ?

Shouldn't it be 4,200 ?

Or is 10% of capacity FL rules and they will have to give the full allocation ?

like with many teams it will be an initial allocation, with us asking for more, 

For example they will make 1000 available if city sell that out a second allocation will made, so on and so forth

4 hours ago, cynic said:

Most of those were nowhere near it last season.

In fact, no club reached 2k with Birmingham being the highest at 1471.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/away-days-season-201516-2609176.aspx

But the limit was around 1400 so they sold out. A brum lad i know said he couldnt get a ticket for our place and he knew quite a few who wanted them but couldnt get one.

• Admin
1 hour ago, cynic said:

Any reason why they only allocate 2,900 when the capacity of the ground is 42k ?

Shouldn't it be 4,200 ?

Or is 10% of capacity FL rules and they will have to give the full allocation ?

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

like with many teams it will be an initial allocation, with us asking for more, 

For example they will make 1000 available if city sell that out a second allocation will made, so on and so forth

Away supporters are located on one side of the Doug Ellis Stand, towards the North end of the stadium. Up to 2,972 fans can be accommodated in this area, split between both the upper and lower tiers of the stand. If only a small away following is expected then just the upper tier is allocated.

3 hours ago, cynic said:

You have disproved your own point with this link. Away attendance was limited to around 1400; as @View from the Dolman points out, a number of teams sold out - and I expect a number of these will sell out their increased allocation next season too.

I also remember West Brom fans being annoyed with their allocation after we took so many to the Hawthorns.

I think you'll also get a slight boost in away attendances from people wanting to visit the redeveloped ground as a "first" visit.

5 minutes ago, cynic said:

Disproved my own point ? Nonsense.

I take the point that the away attendance was limited to 1500 or 1600 which I had forgotten so four clubs in our division next season came close to selling out, but my point stands - imo there will not be more than 3 or 4 teams that sell out their allocation next season, much like last season.

The Sheffield and Leeds games are on a Tuesday night next season so, whilst I would expect them to normally sell out its unlikely that they will.

Tuesday night or not Leeds definitely will

19 minutes ago, cynic said:

Disproved my own point ? Nonsense.

I take the point that the away attendance was limited to 1500 or 1600 which I had forgotten so four clubs in our division next season came close to selling out, but my point stands - imo there will not be more than 3 or 4 teams that sell out their allocation next season, much like last season.

The Sheffield and Leeds games are on a Tuesday night next season so, whilst I would expect them to normally sell out its unlikely that they will.

Your point was "if no team sold their full allocation last season, why should they this season?" - your words not mine. As already stated, attendance was limited to around 1400 - not 1500 or 1600 - which is why it is no coincidence that many teams brough around that figure. So yes, you did disprove your own point because some teams DID sell out.

Also - "Came close to selling out"? - are you just ignoring everything in@View from the Dolman's post?

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Your point was "if no team sold their full allocation last season, why should they this season?" - your words not mine. As already stated, attendance was limited to around 1400 - not 1500 or 1600 - which is why it is no coincidence that many teams brough around that figure. So yes, you did disprove your own point because some teams DID sell out.

Also - "Came close to selling out"? - are you just ignoring everything in@View from the Dolman's post?

You're absolutely right. Looking at that link, ten teams virtually sold out their allocation last season (give or take a couple of hundred) so I don't know how he can use that as evidence that teams won't sell out. Newcastle, Villa, Leeds are certs... Brum, Wolves, Reading, Cardiff, Wednesday are probables.... Virtually everyone else bar maybe Burton & Rotherham could do depending on circumstances.

Archived