IGNORED

Season ticket count (Merged)

Topper 123

Does anyone know the figure so far of sold season tickets,and have we passed 14000 ,if the club are happy with that are you as a city fan or could the club sell again in various ways.ie half season now,not in second half of season as usual because where is the logic if you can't sell the remainder of season ,how about batches of 6 games where you pay for 5 and get one free - get the idea come on let's try to fill Ashton gate CTID

• Admin

My personal opinion - they won't want to push to many more sales as that would mean opening the top tier then all of a sudden people would be trying to move their season ticket seats to the new upper tier

Thought it interesting at Temple Meads the underpass is literally full of posters advertising season tickets for the rugby, with a new deadline - but NOT ONE promoting season tickets for the football !

Both sports will have the same problem, it will need to be priced correctly for the POTD supporters - that will make a huge difference to the actual match attendances

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

My personal opinion - they won't want to push to many more sales as that would mean opening the top tier then all of a sudden people would be trying to move their season ticket seats to the new upper tier

Thought it interesting at Temple Meads the underpass is literally full of posters advertising season tickets for the rugby, with a new deadline - but NOT ONE promoting season tickets for the football !

Both sports will have the same problem, it will need to be priced correctly for the POTD supporters - that will make a huge difference to the actual match attendances

Makes sense to go heavy on the rugby immediately following promotion. I'm sure we'll get a new advertising campaign once Messi is sealed ;)

I'm thinking about getting a season ticket but I don't have anyone to go with. Anyone gone by theirselves before , if so what is it like? To me it feels weird to go alone but at the same time I really want a season ticket this year. I had a season ticket when I was 10 for 5 or 6 seasons but haven't had one since.

8 minutes ago, WRERE said:

I'm thinking about getting a season ticket but I don't have anyone to go with. Anyone gone by theirselves before , if so what is it like? To me it feels weird to go alone but at the same time I really want a season ticket this year. I had a season ticket when I was 10 for 5 or 6 seasons but haven't had one since.

Is that you Billy ?

14 minutes ago, WRERE said:

I generally go alone as none of my friends are into football, I don't find it too bad tbh, I know my season ticket this year is near a few other posters, so hopefully this season despite going alone there might be 1 or 2 people to have a chat with at HT.

13 minutes ago, City169 said:

I generally go alone as none of my friends are into football, I don't find it too bad tbh, I know my season ticket this year is near a few other posters, so hopefully this season despite going alone there might be 1 or 2 people to have a chat with at HT.

You're never alone at City, soon you will be chatting with City fans sat next to you, and years in they will have become good footy friends.

• Admin
31 minutes ago, WRERE said:

Do it, you'll find yourself chatting to the season ticket holders around you.

I used to go alone before either of my boys were old enough and got on very good chatting terms with the fans around me. It was a real wrench to move last season (adding my youngest meant a move to the family corner) but I still bump into them on occasion in the concourse

• Admin

As for Season Ticket campaigns, we've done our promotional work towards securing ST renewals & new buys during the discounted period. I imagine our next push will be timed to take place when we have some new signings under our belt. Particularly if some of them are impressive signings.

43 minutes ago, WRERE said:

I did it for a season a while back, made a good friend out of it actually sure you will be fine.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I bought a Bristol Rugby season card on Tuesday fo the West Stand for £304 including discount for having a football season card.

Two main reasons, 1) my rugby buddy has been working hard to persuade me and finally managed it. 2) Bristol will be playing Bath,Exeter, and Gloucester...........'nuff said..

Looks like I'll be at AG almost every week next season.

1 hour ago, WRERE said:

I've been going on my own since 2008. You get to know the people who sit around you and we have moved en-block from Atyeo to south Stand. Get a good group (as I'm sure you will) and you'll have a right laugh! 

Lots of people who I sit near go on their own.

I'm not 100% sure. My rugby buddy reckoned I got a great deal and estimates the discount is 10%. He should know he was an accountant.......

I did it over the phone and as I didn't know what the full price was I just paid what the guy said. He did say that the price included the discount.

i just looked at the receipt. It is 10%. 

2 hours ago, WRERE said:

I had a season ticket on my own for a couple of seasons too.  Does feel a little odd initially but nothing like as weird as sitting in a restaurant on your own.  You will soon get to know those sitting nearby and people are generally friendly once we all get past our British reserve!  Don't let it stop you getting a season ticket if that is what you want to do.

5 minutes ago, Tall King Blox said:

Going back to the original post how many season tickets have been sold ??

looks like there are around 3,000 seats still available dotted around three stands in the lower bowl. Mr Ashton said there are 22,000 seats in that area. take away 3000 away fans and 500 segregation leaves 18,500. simple maths would suggest around 15,500 sold.

5 minutes ago, EASTEND WURZEL said:

looks like there are around 3,000 seats still available dotted around three stands in the lower bowl. Mr Ashton said there are 22,000 seats in that area. take away 3000 away fans and 500 segregation leaves 18,500. simple maths would suggest around 15,500 sold.

Wow !! Thanks for the reply

1 hour ago, EASTEND WURZEL said:

The club would be shouting from the roof tops if we'd sold that many.

58 minutes ago, EASTEND WURZEL said:

The 22,000 figure is already minus 500 for segregation.

Minus 2,700 away allocation = 19,300

So that's 16,300 seats already sold for next season.

I think 1,200 of those are hospitality, which would mean 15,100 season tickets sold.

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The 22,000 figure is already minus 500 for segregation.

Minus 2,700 away allocation = 19,300

So that's 16,300 seats already sold for next season.

I think 1,200 of those are hospitality, which would mean 15,100 season tickets sold.

Pretty sure we need to keep a percentage unsold for general sale.

24 minutes ago, Red Necromancer said:

City said its was just over 13,000 at the end of April and only about 800 have been sold since then, so id say around 14,000.

Where does the 800 figure come from?

26 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Pretty sure we need to keep a percentage unsold for general sale.

We will do, but there's currently 3,000 unsold which is plenty.

Archived