IGNORED

Season ticket count (Merged)

Topper 123

• Admin
On 03/06/2016 at 20:17, Ian M said:

So cross referencing your cont with the announcement the next day that just over 13000 had been sold tells us that 3874 remaining is approximately 13000 STs.

Right now it is 3003, so that would suggest sales are approximately 13900.

I expect we will finish somewhere between 15000-16000 if we buy well, or around 14250 if we don't.

28/4/16 3874 remaining on BS website

29/4/16 Club announce just over 13k sold.

6/6/16 2981 remaining on BS website.

Can't be far from 14k now. Maybe a week from now? I still think the final figure will be somewhere around 15k.

27 minutes ago, Ian M said:

28/4/16 3874 remaining on BS website

29/4/16 Club announce just over 13k sold.

6/6/16 2981 remaining on BS website.

Can't be far from 14k now. Maybe a week from now? I still think the final figure will be somewhere around 15k.

Does that mean we are getting close to Rovers season ticket sales?

19 minutes ago, cynic said:

I suspect the ST sales may be getting to the point where they have to consider capping them to ensure enough POTD tickets are available within a 22k capacity. The apparent number of corporate seats may also have an impact - seems like that side of things is going very well.

I would like to see them open a few blocks on the top tier anyway and blank off the rest - push it up to 24k which may get filled a few times.

This keeping the upper West Stand closed  is beginning to frustrate me. Surely they can't cap sales just to keep it closed. They must now seriously think about a marketing strategy that involves it being open.

On 2 June 2016 at 12:10, Robbored said:

Looks like I'll be at AG almost every week next season.

I did that last season, I don't know if it will change this but I found rugby was either Friday or Sunday with football on the Saturday, so you were there 2 days running quite a lot. This allowed joint ST holders to go away and watch the football if they wanted as it wasn't on the same day as the rugby home match.

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

I did that last season, I don't know if it will change this but I found rugby was either Friday or Sunday with football on the Saturday, so you were there 2 days running quite a lot. This allowed joint ST holders to go away and watch the football if they wanted as it wasn't on the same day as the rugby home match.

Took my daughter to both playoff games she loved it. So we could be down there for at least a handful of games next season. Don't think we could warrant a season ticket though. 

20 minutes ago, NYTRAM said:

Took my daughter to both playoff games she loved it. So we could be down there for at least a handful of games next season. Don't think we could warrant a season ticket though. 

One of the reasons I bought a rugby season card was because Bristol will be playing Exeter,Bath, Goucester,Leicester and Sarries and no doubt at all those games will all be sell outs. I didn't want to miss those matches by missing out on a sold out game. 

3 hours ago, NYTRAM said:

This keeping the upper West Stand closed  is beginning to frustrate me. Surely they can't cap sales just to keep it closed. They must now seriously think about a marketing strategy that involves it being open.

The club have never indicated that they wish to restrict season ticket sales so they don't have to open the top tier.  We have no reason to believe that it is anything other than a myth perpetuated on this forum.  It's not that big a deal to open the top tier on a block-by-block basis and I'd be very surprised if they turned down valuable season ticket sales on this basis.  Those people being turned down for season tickets would just become non-STH regulars anyway, so it wouldn't solve the "problem" (if indeed the club considers attendances in excess of 22k to be a problem, which I doubt).

29 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The club have never indicated that they wish to restrict season ticket sales so they don't have to open the top tier.  We have no reason to believe that it is anything other than a myth perpetuated on this forum.  It's not that big a deal to open the top tier on a block-by-block basis and I'd be very surprised if they turned down valuable season ticket sales on this basis.  Those people being turned down for season tickets would just become non-STH regulars anyway, so it wouldn't solve the "problem" (if indeed the club considers attendances in excess of 22k to be a problem, which I doubt).

Exactly. Plus opening the upper tier will likely encourage those in the lower areas to free up more seats down below. 

On 6 June 2016 at 10:29, Kid in the Riot said:

Haven't heard 2k mentioned but I think you'll find there are a minimum 1,000 corporates on top of the 200 in the boxes.

When I bought mine they were confident of 1250 corporate sales which includes box holders. 

On 6/7/2016 at 09:31, NYTRAM said:

why open it and play around a half empty bowl, the atmosphere will be rubbish,

City season cards for 2016/17 will go back on sale from 10am today!  

• Under-19s season card price frozen at £99 (only £4.30 per game)  
• Under-12s season card just £50 + FREE replica shirt  
• Adult season card from just £14 per game  
• New prices subject to just a 5% increase on early bird rates  
• On sale from 10am by phone and online

More than 13,000 supporters took advantage of the early bird sales period to sign up for the new campaign, when the brand new West Stand will be opened for the first time.  

Now the remaining seats have been placed back on sale, with under-19 and under-12 prices frozen at £99 and £50 respectively.  

All other prices have been subjected to a five per cent increase on early bird prices.  
That still means adults can watch Sky Bet Championship football at Ashton Gate for as little as £14 a game when purchasing a season card!  

The Atyeo Stand is now SOLD OUT, while seats in the South Stand, Family Corner*, plus Dolman and West Stand Central blocks are extremely limited.  

Supporters are also able to udgrade to “Member Plus” status** for £20; this provides added benefits, including away ticket priority and 15% discount on merchandise, food and drink at Ashton Gate (increased from ten per cent).  

Sales for season cards are online (24/7) and by phone. There will be no in-person sales at Ashton Gate due to the ongoing redevelopment.  

2016/17 SEASON CARD PRICES

ATYEO STAND (Blocks N35/36, unreserved): SOLD OUT  

SOUTH STAND (Blocks S19-23): Adult - £362, Senior Citizens (65+)/Young Adult (U25s)/Disabled & Carer - £272, Under-22 - £121, Under-19 - £99, Under-12 - £50.  

FAMILY CORNER**** (Blocks S24-27): Junior FREE with full paying adult - £362.  

DOLMAN WINGS (Blocks E28/29, E33/34): Adult - £419, Senior Citizens (65+)/Young Adult (U25s)/Disabled & Carer - £314, Under-22 - £209, Under-19 - £99, Under-12 - £50.  

DOLMAN CENTRE (Blocks E30-32): Adult - £450, Senior Citizens (65+)/Young Adult (U25s)/Disabled & Carer - £345, Under-22 - £226, Under-19 - £99, Under-12 - £50.  

WEST STAND LOWER WINGS (Blocks W10-12, W16-18): Adult - £492, Senior Citizens (65+)/Young Adult (U25s)/Disabled & Carer - £373, Under-22 - £247, Under-19 - £99, Under-12 - £50.  

WEST STAND LOWER CENTRE (Blocks W13-15): Adult - £569, Senior Citizens (65+)/Young Adult (U25s)/Disabled & Carer - £419, Under-22 - £278, Under-19 - £99, Under-12 - £50.  

Please note for all age-based season card purchases, proof of age will be required.  
Seating plan based on current architect’s designs and could be subject to change.  
All season cards are subject to a £2 booking fee per card except if paying by direct debit.

BENEFITS GUIDE

Season Card Member Plus

Season Card Member

Away Ticket Priority

Level 1

Level 2

Merchandise/concession discount

15% off

(20% off for dual sport season card holders)

10% off

(20% off for dual sport season card holders)

Bristol Sport Clubs ticket discount

£5 off Rugby, £3 off Flyers

£5 off Rugby, £3 off Flyers

Bristol City benefit

One £10 guest City home ticket

-

Bristol Rugby benefit

One free Rugby home ticket

One free Rugby home ticket

Under-21 matches

Free entry to home games

Free entry to home games

Bristol City Women

Free entry to home games

Free entry to home games

CATS Coaches

£5 off

* To purchase in the Family Corner, Under-12s must form part of the group. Any existing season card holders in this area will need to relocate.  
** Season card holders for 2016/17 will need to pay £20 to upgrade to Member Plus status out of early bird period.

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/season-cards-for-201617-back-on-sale-3114555.aspx#IIFYkVA5gDj7IEEu.99

• Admin

I tweeted some BS bods last week about this. They have had to take sales offline whilst collating the data so they can post them out. Apparently the system can't cope with selling and viewing sales data at the same time. 

40 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I tweeted some BS bods last week about this. They have had to take sales offline whilst collating the data so they can post them out. Apparently the system can't cope with selling and viewing sales data at the same time. 

We really have spent money on absolute crap over the years and in this case are probably stuck with it until the deal ends.

35 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

We really have spent money on absolute crap over the years and in this case are probably stuck with it until the deal ends.

Or until the actually finish the ground before putting the new stuff into action, (I doubt it)

3 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

Does seem pretty crap - we originally had a off the shelf system to rent rooms across several buildings with 300 - 500 rooms per building. When students got there university offers the rooms start to go really quickly and the system would hold the room, automatically print of the contract to send, take the deposit to hold the room for 7 days etc - it worked really well until we had a more bespoke system built by a software company (one that also caused huge problems as people perusing a room would prevent someone else from proceeding to book it, as well as lot's of small niggles). Seems strange when your core business is selling seats you do not have a decent booking system... 

7 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

So just to clarify, we have a 27000 seat stadium and I might not be able to purchase a ST? :facepalm:

Mate. This is Bristol City we're talking about not some slick 21st Century commercial operation. 

Manage your expectations better please.

10 hours ago, Ian M said:

Random BS bod said they would go back on sale once they have sent out the ones already sold. It would seem that process is gonna take several weeks though :/

Well, after a cock up where they didn't use my DD info and instead started using a mates for 3 of us. The nice lady told me the ST's should be out by mid , to late July. 

Doesn't leave long for new sales after.

• Admin
1 hour ago, cynic said:

No one knows..

The club are hoping for 15k according to Adam Baker recently, but that will be hard to achieve as they are no longer available to buy.

Also, the online ticketing system is a mess imo - no change there.

I'm fairly confident that the figure is currently somewhere pretty close to 13900 (from sadly analysing when they said we broke through 13k and checking sales daily afterwards)

However, as you say, it's going to be very tough to reach the target of 15k when they aren't even available to buy and the wording on the website simply tells potential purchasers that they have missed the chance to buy completely rather than encouraging them to come back later in the Summer. 

If the intention IS to put them back on sale in July, maybe @Mkellycould have a word with the website team and tell them to adjust the wording so it doesn't tell potential ST holders we don't want their business?

image.png

Archived