IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

In this day and age, all teams are professional. They should all be reasonably organised and be able to also the ball and be creative with it at their feet. They play all day every day, regardless of ability that alone should narrow the gap between the best sides and the weaker. 

Gone are the days where we'll see 6 or 7 goal drubbing so in major tournaments I think! 

8 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

In this day and age, all teams are professional. They should all be reasonably organised and be able to also the ball and be creative with it at their feet. They play all day every day, regardless of ability that alone should narrow the gap between the best sides and the weaker. 

Gone are the days where we'll see 6 or 7 goal drubbing so in major tournaments I think! 

Someone should have told Germany and Brazil that 2 years ago

4 hours ago, southbristol said:

get out stan collymores twitter he has video of thousands of English and Welsh fans looking for the Russians  

Oh great, that's f'ing helpful.  Russia's east lads, maybe that compass on your button off StoneIsland badges may point you in the right direction.

5 hours ago, Just Red said:

Albania didn't deserve that at all. Really enjoyed that game. It was like an Fa Cup game.

Can't believe France are into the next round. They have been unbelievably poor. Could easily have been knocked out of this tournament.

Not sure I would go that far but I think they may have struggled in a tougher group.

The so called underdogs have all acquitted themselves admirably in the tournament so far - no one has been a push over.

Also it seems that most of the games have been more like  premier league games than the tippy tappy  possession football usually seen in international tournaments. 

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

The so called underdogs have all acquitted themselves admirably in the tournament so far - no one has been a push over.

Also it seems that most of the games have been more like  premier league games than the tippy tappy  possession football usually seen in international tournaments. 

Prob the team that has disappointed me has been Northern Ireland, They really didn't give it a go in that first game. Hopefully that will change today.

11 minutes ago, Super said:

Prob the team that has disappointed me has been Northern Ireland, They really didn't give it a go in that first game. Hopefully that will change today.

They are one team I expected t play with real passion, but they didn't. I wonder if the froze on the night.

9 hours ago, Iron Man said:

Been nervous since Monday, a different nervous to watching City though. If England lose i'll be over it in a couple of hours, if City lose takes a day or two.

I am completely the opposite. Tournaments are every two years but we are not guaranteed to qualify. City play almost every week. A loss for England can ruin two years of anticipation. A loss for City could be rectified by the following Tuesday.

2 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I am completely the opposite. Tournaments are every two years but we are not guaranteed to qualify. City play almost every week. A loss for England can ruin two years of anticipation. A loss for City could be rectified by the following Tuesday.

It often depends on the game for me. Agree that bog-standard league defeats for City can be rectified fairly quickly because there is always the next game to look forward to (or dread if we are on a bad run). Similarly some of England's defeats in recent years haven't really affected me that much - probably because my expectations have been quite low.

There are some games, though, I have still not quite recovered from, even though they were years ago: the loss at Wembley to Mansfield in 87 and play off defeat against Brighton spring to mind. For England that moment in Euro 96 when Gazza just failed to connect with the ball in front of an open goal and the penalty shoot-out in 1990 still haunt me. 

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

They are one team I expected t play with real passion, but they didn't. I wonder if the froze on the night.

I'm expecting much more today, given they play Germany last game they need to win.

Archived