IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

5 minutes ago, City169 said:

Already given a response to the same question

Yeah it was a crap response. "They let us have the ball" doesn't mean we didn't deserve to win.

By letting us have the ball, we ultimately created more chances and scored more goals. So their tactic failed and we claimed a deserved win, because we scored more than them (which is how it works).

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Yeah it was a crap response. "They let us have the ball" doesn't mean we didn't deserve to win.

By letting us have the ball, we ultimately created more chances and scored more goals. So their tactic failed and we claimed a deserved win, because we scored more than them (which is how it works).

It was a poor performance all round. 

2 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

The two aren't mutually exclusive 

Being a bit of a dick aren't you, I don't agree with you but I'm not calling your opinion nonsense, which is just rude. I've actually given a reason for my opinion, all you're doing is slating me and my thoughts.

9 minutes ago, City169 said:

They let us have the ball, we had no cutting edge, Vardy was anonymous other than his goal. None of our players can put in a good cross from open play, our midfielders ran into cul-de-sacs, everyone tried to do too much themselves and Joe Hart decided (once again) to gift the opposition a goal. Sterling was abysmal (and I'm being very kind). Sturridge did **** all until the 91st minute. Rose once again showed he is nothing more than a cheat with his diving.

F...  me how the F... did we win that? Wales were worth a 3/0 win against our conference side!!!!

18 minutes ago, City169 said:

Very poor performance, undeserved win

Oh for goodness sake enjoy it for what it is. 

8 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

I celebrated that goal in the same manner as Roberts vs Hartlepool. 

Me too, still celebrating now.

4 minutes ago, City169 said:

It was a poor performance all round. 

For Wales yes I agree. We dominated that game.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Apart from the bit where we scored two goals and they scored one.

As I said already the 2 players who scored were very poor apart from those few seconds to score the goal, I'm very happy we won, but it wasn't anywhere close to a good performance.

2 minutes ago, Just Red said:

Oh for goodness sake enjoy it for what it is. 

Me too, still celebrating now.

For Wales yes I agree. We dominated that game.

I am enjoying it, doesn't make the performance good. 

******* hell, when City win everyone is quick to look at the negatives despite the win, but an honest evaluation of an England win and everyone gets on your back. 

3 minutes ago, City169 said:

As I said already the 2 players who scored were very poor apart from those few seconds to score the goal, I'm very happy we won, but it wasn't anywhere close to a good performance.

They are on the field to score goals!

OK, I'll admit it. At the ninety minute mark I was going to post that Sturridge has probably played his last England game as he didn't appear good enough for international level football. Then he scores that winner.

Regarding the game as a whole, (and the previous one), certain England players were shooting from too far out. These efforts resulted in goal kicks for the oppos. Surely it's better to continue dribbling forward? Then if you're tackled and lose he ball the oppos still have it, but if you beat their tackle, you're in a better position to shoot.

Flag watch, one of the flags n the upper tier had what appeared to be Bristol Brewery written on it, not City or Rovers.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

They are on the field to score goals!

When Kodjia has a quiet game but scores a goal there's a thread on here criticising him, I give honest thoughts on what was in my eyes a poor performance and half the forum gets on my back

guess it shows how everyone on here likes ganging up on a different thought, I've faced it before plenty on here, this is just more evidence

6 minutes ago, City169 said:

"The 2 players who scored were very poor apart from those few seconds to score the goal".

No further questions your honour.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

"The 2 players who scored were very poor apart from those few seconds to score the goal".

No further questions your honour.

As I said in my last post, if Kodjia had a quiet game but still scored there would be a thread on here saying he was poor apart from the goals. 

Seemingly this doesn't apply if the player is English

3 minutes ago, City169 said:

When Kodjia has a quiet game but scores a goal there's a thread on here criticising him, I give honest thoughts on what was in my eyes a poor performance and half the forum gets on my back

guess it shows how everyone on here likes ganging up on a different thought, I've faced it before plenty on here, this is just more evidence

Kodjia's job is to score goals, Vardy and Sturridge were brought on to win us the game. They did, really is that simple.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Kodjia's job is to score goals, Vardy and Sturridge were brought on to win us the game. They did, really is that simple.

But you're still saying the double standard is fine?

As I said, if Kodjia has a poor game and still gets 1 goal there would be a thread saying he had an overall poor game despite the goal. So why can I not make the same criticisms here? I know Sturridge plays for your favourite team, but what about Vardy?

Walker, Rooney were superb.

Delighted to win but, surely, with all our talent we shouldn't be drawing against a very poor Russia and squeezing past Wales. Anyhow's onwards and upwards. Just feel that Roy needs to sort tactics out, to much faffing around in the last third for me. Mix it up a bit and get the ball in the box on some direct, quick breaks.

Credit Wales, really dug in.

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Good teams play badly and win .

Teams who have stunk out compétitions and won include Germany ,Italy And Greece there is precedence.

France only narrowly beat the mighty Albania .

I wouldn't go anywhere near suggesting we could win it, or saying we have a good team.

we have good individuals, we played badly but won. 

33 minutes ago, City169 said:

Being a bit of a dick aren't you, I don't agree with you but I'm not calling your opinion nonsense, which is just rude. I've actually given a reason for my opinion, all you're doing is slating me and my thoughts.

We had far more possession, passes, corners, shots, and GOALS and you say we didn't deserve to win. And I'm the dick?

just because you've had a thought in your head doesn't mean it isn't nonsense mate.

PS by the way there could have been a penalty or two as well on a different day

Archived