IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think you're a good poster and I generally enjoy what you write, but when you write things that so many people disagree with do staunchly, you're going to get some grief. 

I think England played well given the circumstances. Wales made it hard for us to score and that affected our ability to play free flowing football as I suspect you would have liked. It wasn't the best spectacle of I game I agree but wasn't it made sweet at the end?

As others have alluded to, you have to win ugly sometimes and Wales' parking the bus made it ugly. But we won!

How'd ya like them apples Gareth?

Cheers for the first part!

Wales made it hard for us to play, and that's partly what I was alluding to when I said they executed their game plan better, I don't think we played well (but better than Wales did) and there's a lot more to come, and it was a great feeling when the goal went in at the end

I will leave it now as it's just going in circles, here's hoping for more of the same (results wise)

1 hour ago, Offside said:

I only managed to watch the second half of the England game. Glad that we won, but it was very pedestrian. Hopefully now that game with all the surrounding hype is over we can build, but we're going to have to play better than that.

Pedestrian!! It was only pedestrian if your idea of pedestrian is Usain Bolt running for a bus.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Well done NI, credit to the manager changes paid off.

If LJ is determined to bring in another keeper this summer Michael McGovern is apparently out of contract at the end of the month and is going to be on very little at Hamilton..

Presumably NI want a Poland victory by 2 goals or more, which would mean they would only (!) need to draw with Germany to finish 2nd in the group.... Correct me if I'm wrong

Edit: Although if that happens then it is more than likely a last 16 of England v Germany! 

46 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Presumably NI want a Poland victory by 2 goals or more, which would mean they would only (!) need to draw with Germany to finish 2nd in the group.... Correct me if I'm wrong

Edit: Although if that happens then it is more than likely a last 16 of England v Germany! 

Not sure. Think you would want to plan on the basis of losing to Germany, in which case as big a win tonight as possible for them is good. Only way they can then be caught, for at least third, would then be if Ukraine beat Poland, in which case it would come down to goal difference between the three. Assuming NI do not get hammered in their last game, it is quite possible their second goal today could just then make all the difference. Could still nick second.

Think a draw against Germany is going to see them through whatever.

Just back in the hotel room after the match in Lens. Great match and one of the more memorable footballing days. If there was one stand out memory it was the noise! My ears are still ringing. It must owe something to the design of the ground - four huge and high stands, but it also owes something to the volume of the England support, which never quite comes over on TV…it's deafening…like a packed away end multiplied 10 times. Fair play to those who follow England regularly, and to that band who seem so annoying on TV but orchestrate the whole thing in the ground.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Poland doing their best to beat themselves. Another shocking miss.

Amazing how fortunate some teams are - can you ever imagine any side fluffing as many opportunities in a key match against City? Or England?

France were equally lucky last night.

Poland do have something about them, I said before tournament outside the obvious few they could be a dark house they will need to get Lewandowski firing though and stop missing sitters!

Archived