IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

1 hour ago, Red_Wizard said:

Agreed. After the attacks in Paris I would of expected security to be very tight, with little drama going on France. So it's incredible France are unable to control these situations and prevent such events taking place. As I said, France are absolutely useless in every manner possible. I hope UEFA/FIFA fine them for unable to meet the expectation of security level, again we have had to bail the French out by sending over our own Officers. Have France ever won a war? Only the French revolution due to the opposition also being French.

France should not be able to hold a tournament for a very long time after these events leading fans to cause such catastrophes with little backlash against them.

I believe it goes back further, the French are arrogant, imagine the furore when the Germans had the audacity to go around the Maginot line!

Also believing that because the old generals of WW1 worked out ok that they don't need to modernise when Germany were ramping up their forces.

32 minutes ago, redcityman said:

I believe it goes back further, the French are arrogant, imagine the furore when the Germans had the audacity to go around the Maginot line!

Also believing that because the old generals of WW1 worked out ok that they don't need to modernise when Germany were ramping up their forces.

The World at War did a brilliant early episode on this subject. Expecting them to go through the Ardennes forest If I remember correctly. 

17 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

He wouldn't get past the fact it needs AA batteries....

.....................because he's a member of the RAC.

Just received this from a friend, can anyone help please.

A friend of mine has managed to obtain 2 tickets for Euro 2016 final in Paris next month. Unfortunately, the date coincides with his wedding, so he is unable to go. 

If you would like to go in his place, it is at St Luke's church, Exeter and her name is Sarah.
Anyone interested let me know.. J

Am I the only one who's thinking that these flares, that the Russian and Croatian fans have thrown in the stadia must be micro flares, be disguised as wrist watches, or been smuggled in by shoving them up their a***s, in order to get them through the airtight security the French must operate after the terror attacks in Paris last year?

RoI working their socks off for that 0-0 at HT. If they can keep that up, not so sure, but hanging in their and starting to frustrate the Belgiums.

Not sure the booking for the Irish player for having two balls on the pitch is right either. He hardly brought the ball on. It is for the ref to stop the game and restart with a drop ball I would have thought?

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Bit harsh the ref not stopping the game for the injury but superb football and finish for Belgium.

It was, and having seen it again, they really could not have complained if the ref had given a penalty. Thin lines. 

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Terrible decision from Clark. 

Ireland going home...

First goal changed everything. Belgium far to good on the break.

One saving grace for Ireland is this result means Italy will already be confirmed group winners before they play them.

Sounds churlish when much the better team has won, but really want to see the penalty incident again before the first goal. Only seen it once, but seemed very reckless, and arguably a red card and a penalty would not have been outrageous. Even then thought as it was a potential head injury the ref should have stopped play at the very least. Quite possibly I am being biased.

Having said that, if Belgium can click, they do have some special players.

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Ireland are awful, a negative cynical side and Long (who could have got a penalty) got away with a number of dirty sly fouls.

The sooner they are out the better.

You're just sitting on the fence, aren't you?

17 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Ireland are awful, a negative cynical side and Long (who could have got a penalty) got away with a number of dirty sly fouls.

The sooner they are out the better.

Thought finally we had got rid of negative minnow teams after watching Albania and the likes playing decent football and having a go,then the republic showed me I was wrong 

On balance, having watched it a few times, ref right not to stop play as player got up quickly (maybe naively, should have rolled round a bit), but for me a clear penalty.

Ireland no more negative than quite a few sides so far against stronger side (Wales?), but people see what they want to see I suppose.

Archived