IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

If the current positions in the table stay as they are, Somerset play Czech Rep in the last 16 and, in the other half of the group are Germany, Italy, Spain, France and Portugal.

http://sky.thesportspredictor.com/football/euros/wallchart 

I know we`re not going to win the T20 but to completely change sports is a bit of an overreaction!

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I know we`re not going to win the T20 but to completely change sports is a bit of an overreaction!

HaHa.

I am listening to the Glos/Somerset game at the same time as Spain/Turkey (Spain 2-0 up, by the way) and obviously got slightly confused.

I still reckon Trego will win the golden boot for top scorer though.

45 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

These highly paid superstars have people to deal with that sort of thing. I think I remember reading that some Man Utd import had a number provided by the club that he could ring if he needed a light bulb changing in his house and someone would come round and do it for him!

This is true... I met her at a charity event....even had a 'proper' job title of 'Player Liasion Executive'

14 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

I know he loves a good dive but Sergio Busquests is easily one of my favourite footballers. Makes everything look so so simple

You mean Iniesta.

2 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

Have to admit. History shows just how unorganised and useless the French are. Security is a shambles.

Let's hope that terrorists aren't watching and seeing how easy it is to smuggle items like this into games, ******* disgrace, The Croatians need to be threatened with expulsion and so should the ******* French for allowing it.

19 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The debate works better if you back up a claim like this with some reasoning.

I don't see how anyone could describe the game as pedestrian.  "Pedestrian" is a word I would associate with a low-key friendly where no-one is trying to get injured, or perhaps an end-of-season encounter between two teams with nothing to play for.  This was a full-blooded encounter between two rivals, with England launching wave after wave of attack in the second half.  It wasn't end-to-end, I'll give you that, but that's because Wales got 11 men behind the ball and showed little attacking intent at all, particularly after having snatched the lead.  It's inevitable with so many men behind the ball that England's attacks slowed down in the final third of the pitch, as they were constantly having to probe to find a way through a mass of players.  But to call the game "pedestrian" is a nonsense.

OK we upped the pace a bit in the second half, but the first half we didn't play with any. We were slow (particularly Harry Kane) and had no ideas. The second half was a lot better but our pace, passing and movement still looked in slow-mo when compared to Spain last night. They would muller us.

From what I have seen of him in the last few matches, I think Harry Kane's season finished when Spurs drew with West Brom and they knew they couldn't catch Leicester. He was their only real striking option for the whole season and I think the idea he might lead them to the title was keeping him going. Once the disappointment came so did the fatigue in my opinion.

11 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Let's hope that terrorists aren't watching and seeing how easy it is to smuggle items like this into games, ******* disgrace, The Croatians need to be threatened with expulsion and so should the ******* French for allowing it.

Agreed. After the attacks in Paris I would of expected security to be very tight, with little drama going on France. So it's incredible France are unable to control these situations and prevent such events taking place. As I said, France are absolutely useless in every manner possible. I hope UEFA/FIFA fine them for unable to meet the expectation of security level, again we have had to bail the French out by sending over our own Officers. Have France ever won a war? Only the French revolution due to the opposition also being French.

France should not be able to hold a tournament for a very long time after these events leading fans to cause such catastrophes with little backlash against them.

36 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

From what I have seen of him in the last few matches, I think Harry Kane's season finished when Spurs drew with West Brom and they knew they couldn't catch Leicester. He was their only real striking option for the whole season and I think the idea he might lead them to the title was keeping him going. Once the disappointment came so did the fatigue in my opinion.

Playing upon your own all year must be difficult, if I were Roy I'd give him a rest for the next game. I think he still has a role to play in this tournament but while we have options why not use them.,

40 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Could well be right. On the flip side I'd say he's having to come deep to collect a ball as up top is too congested with too many 'creators' - sterling and Alli for instance - being poor. I'm torn between Kane struggling or struggling with what he's being given. I'm just about giving him the benefit of the doubt. 

46 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Agreed. After the attacks in Paris I would of expected security to be very tight, with little drama going on France. So it's incredible France are unable to control these situations and prevent such events taking place. As I said, France are absolutely useless in every manner possible. I hope UEFA/FIFA fine them for unable to meet the expectation of security level, again we have had to bail the French out by sending over our own Officers. Have France ever won a war? Only the French revolution due to the opposition also being French.

France should not be able to hold a tournament for a very long time after these events leading fans to cause such catastrophes with little backlash against them.

Napoleon won quite a lot of wars

12 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Going into Iceland v Portugal my sister had her hairbrush taken off her.  I applaud the French for their rigid, consistent and unfailing approach to the safety and security of ALL members of the European football family.

56 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

All I heard whilst reading this...

1 hour ago, Red_Wizard said:

Have France ever won a war? Only the French revolution due to the opposition also being French.

"I'd rather have a German division opposing me than a French division supporting me" - George S Patton.

"Going to war without France is like deer hunting without an accordion" - Norman Schwartzkoff

Archived