IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I agree but 3 times trying to beat everybody on the pitch and 2 ridiculous shots from distance, Woy needs to tell him "do what your best at and cut out the show boating".

He was annoying me I have to admit!

3 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

We had far more possession, passes, corners, shots, and GOALS and you say we didn't deserve to win. And I'm the dick?

just because you've had a thought in your head doesn't mean it isn't nonsense mate.

PS by the way there could have been a penalty or two as well on a different day

I didn't say you are a dick, I said you're being one the way you're disrespecting my opinion.

They let us have the possession, which would inevitably lead to more shots, passes etc. We had 2 scrappy goals but the rest of the game was running nowhere and over hit passes

Here's my view on England's best line up, I would start the next game with the team that ended the game, except I would leave out Ali and keep Lallana in.

I think that Ali and Rooney congest that centre midfield and slow things down too much, the game seemed to pass Ali by and I think that he would be a great impact sub.

It's been a deserved win for England. They have came up against 2 teams who have camped all men in there own half for 90 mins. And to the people saying we're gonna get dicked against better teams.....whenever I watch international teams I'm never blown away by anyone and I think this team can stand there ground against any of them. Defence is terrible but our midfield and attack is a match for any team.

cant wait for the next game 

33 minutes ago, 22A said:

OK, I'll admit it. At the ninety minute mark I was going to post that Sturridge has probably played his last England game as he didn't appear good enough for international level football. Then he scores that winner.

Regarding the game as a whole, (and the previous one), certain England players were shooting from too far out. These efforts resulted in goal kicks for the oppos. Surely it's better to continue dribbling forward? Then if you're tackled and lose he ball the oppos still have it, but if you beat their tackle, you're in a better position to shoot.

Flag watch, one of the flags n the upper tier had what appeared to be Bristol Brewery written on it, not City or Rovers.

It was a Gas flag, i had a good look.

5 minutes ago, City169 said:

I didn't say you are a dick, I said you're being one the way you're disrespecting my opinion.

They let us have the possession, which would inevitably lead to more shots, passes etc. We had 2 scrappy goals but the rest of the game was running nowhere and over hit passes

Which is nothing to do with deserving to win a game or not.

we played better than wales in every department (except maybe goalkeeper) we created more chances and found a way to score 2 goals. You could argue that Wales didn't even deserve 1 goal with the way they played. Sterling's chance was a great bit of play.

No we're not Brazil, no we're not going to win the Euros yes we can improve and yes we deserved to beat Wales by every measure you care to think of.

3 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

It's been a deserved win for England. They have came up against 2 teams who have camped all men in there own half for 90 mins. And to the people saying we're gonna get dicked against better teams.....whenever I watch international teams I'm never blown away by anyone and I think this team can stand there ground against any of them. Defence is terrible but our midfield and attack is a match for any team.

cant wait for the next game 

Up until today England struggle to find a way win games like Russia and today, whereas France, Spain, Italy and Germany always find a way, even when they are playing poorly and as the Russia game proved we struggle to find a way sometimes when we are all over teams, that's when you need your in form strikers and not a striker who looks shagged out and another who probably shouldn't even be in the squad on his performances over the past 12 months, Sterling shouldn't even be on the bench for the next game IMO.

I really hope Kyle Walker doesn't test positive for cocaine because the way he played you'd have thought he was on it. Honestly, probably as good a game as I've ever seen a full back have.

Saying that I reckon Roy had some too. Bringing Rashford on, what in gods name was that about? Brilliant.

Wales played for the draw and got what they deserved.

Well played lads.

I know what your saying. I personally think against the better teams we will need more in the middle. I would use the team we had second half, maybe even drop Kane for a game and start rashford up top to see how that goes as he's got the extra speed. If not vardy up top and rashford wide. Would also like to see Wilshire.

hmmm glad I don't have to pick the team...one thing is for sure I wouldn't be playing sterling again 

sorry this was aimed at esmondmillions bung message 

2 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Which is nothing to do with deserving to win a game or not.

we played better than wales in every department (except maybe goalkeeper) we created more chances and found a way to score 2 goals. You could argue that Wales didn't even deserve 1 goal with the way they played. Sterling's chance was a great bit of play.

No we're not Brazil, no we're not going to win the Euros yes we can improve and yes we deserved to beat Wales by every measure you care to think of.

Wales didn't deserve a goal, Hart had yet another howler, needs to be dropped.

if it's nothing to do with deserving to win a game, why did you bring it up?

"England's going home" jeered the boyos, passionately, then Sturridge got on the ball and dink, dink, poke ..... two one. "England's staying put, we're staying put, we're staying...." Well, for now....

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I really hope Kyle Walker doesn't test positive for cocaine because the way he played you'd have thought he was on it. Honestly, probably as good a game as I've ever seen a full back have.

Saying that I reckon Roy had some too. Bringing Rashford on, what in gods name was that about? Brilliant.

Wales played for the draw and got what they deserved.

Well played lads.

Rightly got M.O.M. today; he's been our best player so far this tournament, excellent in both games.

At last he is making the right back position his own, not sure why it has taken so long ? 

2 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Rightly got M.O.M. today; he's been our best player so far this tournament, excellent in both games.

At last he is making the right back position his own, not sure why it has taken so long ? 

It's his first tournament isn't it? Injured for the last two wasn't he?

4 minutes ago, City169 said:

Wales didn't deserve a goal, Hart had yet another howler, needs to be dropped.

if it's nothing to do with deserving to win a game, why did you bring it up?

Saying so and so had a bad game or we need to drop this player for that player has nothing to do with deserving to win.

We were better than them and have better players. They didn't deserve to score, we did.

if that isn't deserving a win I don't know what planet you're on

4 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Have to admit I thought Clyne was slightly the better player and would start. I was wrong Walker has been very good.

2 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Saying so and so had a bad game or we need to drop this player for that player has nothing to do with deserving to win.

We were better than them and have better players. They didn't deserve to score, we did.

if that isn't deserving a win I don't know what planet you're on

We have better players, but they play as a team

Bit like Belgium against Italy, Belgium had better players, Italy were a far better team.

Not saying Wales deserved a win, but they played their plan better than we did. Even Hodgson said that if he wasn't the England manager he would have felt Wales were hard done by.

Walker. Likewise, thought his energy levels were near superhuman. 

Hart worries me. Picture of him laughing with Bale during the match, before Bales goal. Should be entirely focused and 'in the zone'. Only joke was his effort to save Bales shot. 

57 minutes ago, City169 said:

It was a poor performance all round. 

There was much in England's performance that was poor but to my eyes, only one team deserved to win. Or really wanted to. Wales wanted a draw. Tough sh1t they didn't get it.

2 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Walker. Likewise, thought his energy levels were near superhuman. 

Hart worries me. Picture of him laughing with Bale during the match, before Bales goal. Should be entirely focused and 'in the zone'. Only joke was his effort to save Bales shot. 

It's a recurring problem with Hart, huge mistake against Turkey, didn't even try to save the Russian header (though it was a good header) and gift wraps a goal for Wales.

3 minutes ago, City169 said:

Bit like Belgium against Italy, Belgium had better players, Italy were a far better team.

Not saying Wales deserved a win, but they played their plan better than we did. Even Hodgson said that if he wasn't the England manager he would have felt Wales were hard done by.

We planned to win and won. They planned to draw and lost. Again, tempted to say nonsense but you might get a sandy vagina again

3 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

There was much in England's performance that was poor but to my eyes, only one team deserved to win. Or really wanted to. Wales wanted a draw. Tough sh1t they didn't get it.

Much of the England performance was poor- we agree

only one team tried to win- again, we agree

3 minutes ago, City169 said:

A plan to stifle, frustrate, destroy is easier to "play better" than a plan to create, attack and score goals, in my view.

6 minutes ago, City169 said:

Wales all stood on the goal line next to each together very well. Not sure that's good teamwork but it's not football (really)

Archived