IGNORED

Adam Matthews - Signed (Season Long Loan)

Eastend

8 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

Agreed. When he was fit he made a massive difference to us defensively & offensively. He's smooth on the ball & can whip in a lovely cross on the run. Experienced at Championship level, Internationally & in Europe. Can also play left back & right mid. Got my fingers crossed on this one. 

Beat me to it.....stands a great cross up on the run.

2 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Why do people take Nixons word as gospel? He told City fans for about 2 months that Hammill has signed a pre contract and will be signing for City.

Because he has some contacts, has a reasonable ear to the ground.  He doesn't get it all right, he replies with something, even if fabricated.

To take his word as gospel is a bit daft though.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Because he has some contacts, has a reasonable ear to the ground.  He doesn't get it all right, he replies with something, even if fabricated.

To take his word as gospel is a bit daft though.

It's quite clear what the Mathews situation is, Sunderland need to buy to give Mathews any chance of leaving. Mathews will still definitely be on the cards.

44 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Why do people take Nixons word as gospel? He told City fans for about 2 months that Hammill has signed a pre contract and will be signing for City.

I follow him and it's quite clear he's not ITK for city. He can be quite vague as well but it's quite clear he has some contact with clubs and agents. Do I take it as gospel? No but he's a decent source all the same. We don't have an equivalent source for our club so it's better than nothing I guess. 

2 hours ago, Iron Man said:

Those ITK suggested he was coming to us, and 100% would have had Barnsley lost the playoffs. Even after that I think we were in pole position until a last ditch improved offer and meeting with their gaffer persuaded him to stay.

5 hours ago, Kodjia said:

Anyone who believes Alan Nixon is actually ITK at every Football Club is extremely naive. Somebody asked him if a made up player called Shanta Kordbatchje was signing for Wigan and he replied "Heard name linked with other clubs." This proves that he must make an educated guess for every tweet he recieves and hopes he won't look stupid.

I thought Shanta Kordbatchje was a real player for Odense in Denmark but became obsessed with Cristiano Ronaldo, started calling himself Shanta Ronaldo, kept trying to meet him and it all became a bit strange?!

I may be wrong but remember the Wigan link and this story...

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Davide Santon move to Sunderland getting nearer according to BEP.  Could that make AM transfer a little bit closer?

What effect will this have on Garita's weight?

3 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

I imagine Adam Matthews will be a City player by this time next week. Santon seems to have as good as signed for Sunderland. Surely that frees AM to complete 

his move to the City. I expect to see an announcement of this one early next week. 

Or else . :punish:

8 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

He was the source for Santon I saw used the most on Twitter. 

Whenever someone had a good game at Euro 2016 he'd link them to a Premier League club. He was also the one that started the Higuain to Liverpool rubbish. Not saying he doesn't get anything right, but he's like most of the others - sees a rumour, passes it off as fact.

2 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Whenever someone had a good game at Euro 2016 he'd link them to a Premier League club. He was also the one that started the Higuain to Liverpool rubbish. Not saying he doesn't get anything right, but he's like most of the others - sees a rumour, passes it off as fact.

Fully take that, he does make up rumours. My question to you would be why make up a rumour about Adam Matthews? Wouldn't increase following in the slightest. 

7 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Fully take that, he does make up rumours. My question to you would be why make up a rumour about Adam Matthews? Wouldn't increase following in the slightest. 

Well, looking at his page, although his expertise is clearly Italian football, he writes a lot about the English leagues and their connection to Italy, probably because English football is very popular. He's mainly getting Sunderland fans to go on his Twitter again.

But, that's being very cynical. Could just be posting a rumour.

If he's well connected in Italian football it stands to reason that he might know more about the Sunderland situation if the Santon link is true. 

As for Higuain to Liverpool - I'd presumed he'd retired as I saw him presenting Sky News the other day!

image.png

Archived