IGNORED

Adam Matthews - Signed (Season Long Loan)

Eastend

I have no doubt Mathews will be at the club come the start of the season.

As previously stated he's not needed at Sunderland, wants to be closer to South Wales and is familiar with the club. Permanent or loan I can see him in a city shirt against Wigan. Not panicking about this one he'd be another terrific signing.

6 minutes ago, Kodjias Sprained Wrist said:

I have no doubt Mathews will be at the club come the start of the season.

As previously stated he's not needed at Sunderland, wants to be closer to South Wales and is familiar with the club. Permanent or loan I can see him in a city shirt against Wigan. Not panicking about this one he'd be another terrific signing.

It`s not as if we haven`t had a good week. Lee Tomlin, Korey Smith and the four young ones has cheered me up no end. I think LJ and MA can happily go for a pint tonight.

30 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s not as if we haven`t had a good week. Lee Tomlin, Korey Smith and the four young ones has cheered me up no end. I think LJ and MA can happily go for a pint tonight.

Indeed it's been a terrific & exciting week a complete contrast to this time last year.

I think LJ & MA deserve a pint from all of us for getting Tomlin across the line

I started a thread about the Ayling bashers last week and people said there wasn't any.

Personally think he is a very very good player and at the start of the season, one of our best. 

Anybody that thinks Mark Little is anywhere near Ayling must be wowed by littles heavy touches and how much he runs. 

Ayling streaks ahead, was forced to play as a centre half for majority of last two seasons when he is a right back. Would think he would certainly compete with Matthews. 

I like all 3 of them.  They all have their merits.  In a back 4, Matthews is no1 for me though.

i won't diss either Ayling or Little, both have their pluses and minuses.  People on here are way too critical....we need a squad, we need cover.  Just because a player isn't first choice, doesn't mean he's much behind the first choice, or can do a job.

Ayling  looks to me like a Johnson  type player. comfortable on the ball,good first touch.

Those saying he can't play fullback have a chat with Yeovil fans (I know their views are somewhat poor as they are lower league)

Would love Matthews in but Luke as his back up seems sense to me.

Ayling will start the first game of the season (if fit) in the squad.

5 hours ago, Rocky said:

I can confirm it, from Italian sources ( http://www.fcinternews.it/ )

As an Inter Milan (& Bristol City) supporter, I'm disgusted by that shameful club called Sunderland. ,They refused to pay Inter for the selling of Ricky Alvarez, finding excuses about injuries, etc ...and now this case is on Fifa's hands. Inter gave Sunderland a second chance with Santon...but it seems that they have something against the Nerazzurri. :angry:

Well, I hope their refusal to sign Santon will not influence Bristol City's possibilities to sign Matthews.

Then, if Sunderland will be relegated next season...surely I won't be sorry.. :whistle:

Ciao!

11 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Have heard deal is off as S'land not willing to sell in light of Santon talks breaking down. 

Things could change I guess but for the time being don't think this is going anywhere. Maybe a loan option later in summer? Or we should move on to next perm target.

What i don't get is Sunderland obviously don't want him but won't let him go as they have n't got a third or fourth choice back up to replace him.

It does n't seem logical. Surely with all their Prem money it should be easy for them to sign a player to fit the bill.

How about a sneaky bid for Billy Jones ? ...

10 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

I started a thread about the Ayling bashers last week and people said there wasn't any.

Personally think he is a very very good player and at the start of the season, one of our best. 

Anybody that thinks Mark Little is anywhere near Ayling must be wowed by littles heavy touches and how much he runs. 

Ayling streaks ahead, was forced to play as a centre half for majority of last two seasons when he is a right back. Would think he would certainly compete with Matthews. 

Both struggled with injuries last season, let them get full pre season training under their belts and see how they look then. 

Don't get me wrong Mathew's is a good player and could be considered a step up, but if it didn't happen I'd be happy with fit again Little and Ayling fighting for the right back position.

4 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

See Sunderland have signed a full back from Athletico  Madrid  so fingers crossed this moves on at a pace for us and Mathews. 

Where's it saying this? nothing on their official twitter page. You sure you don't mean Gamez who went to Newcastle?

On 8 July 2016 at 22:29, nickolas said:

A good week yes. But i require a RB, 2 x CB's, a RW and another goalscorer please!! :grr:

And possibly a GK too. We get all of those players and we are aiming high! I still think it will happen though, I think we have at least two lined up on loan in a Striker and a CB from the prem, that leaves a GK, RB, CB and RM. Absolutely doable mate and I reckon before the season starts. Remain positive

3 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

I think Matthws will  sign next week.

I do too, I know a certain Mr Baker and he would love to come back if Villa don't want him for regular first team football. He loved it with us. He was glowing talking to me about it to be fair. He reckons Matthews wants back too if the deal can be done. It's down to Sunderland finding a replacement but I cannot see a situation where they don't. They don't want Matthews and it would shock me if a prem side cannot find a new RB to suit.

4 minutes ago, red mist said:

Ayling, Vyner and Little, in that order would be my preference, do we need to spend a lot of money on a right back.lets use the cash on a good ball playing centre half, perhaps we could go back for the Hull defender again

Or let's get both

Archived