IGNORED

Adam Matthews - Signed (Season Long Loan)

Eastend

Being a lot to the table for us. Prem, champions league and championship experience. International experience. Great at defending and going forward. Can cross a ball and has a good long throw which provides another dimension. There is no question, he is better than what we have at the club already. Anyone who can't see that is blind.

1 hour ago, Dynamite Red said:

How has he only played 9 games in 2 seasons?

Last season (15/16) he played  for Sunderland for 2 games and us 9 games. The season before (14/15) at Celtic he played 42 games.

He joined Sunderland under Advocaat, got injured (ankle ligaments) missed 2 months of the season and then shipped out on loan to us.

You're using facts. Please refrain.

I crossed paths randomly on holiday with a Sunderland fan. He said "how did you get on with Matthewshe" he said: "He was ******* atrocious for us". Happily take him I said.

Why is there so much hate for him there.

Matthews can't want to be there after being left with under 21s

• Admin
41 minutes ago, BristolBEAT said:

I crossed paths randomly on holiday with a Sunderland fan. He said "how did you get on with Matthewshe" he said: "He was ******* atrocious for us". Happily take him I said.

By ******* atrocious I guess he meant injured. The only league game he played in was the 4-2 defeat at Leicester where he came on at 3-0 to Leicester and actually had a hand in Sunderland's second goal.

He then did his ligaments in the League Cup and when he returned Yedlin had made the right back berth his own.

7 hours ago, Ian M said:

By ******* atrocious I guess he meant injured. The only league game he played in was the 4-2 defeat at Leicester where he came on at 3-0 to Leicester and actually had a hand in Sunderland's second goal.

He then did his ligaments in the League Cup and when he returned Yedlin had made the right back berth his own.

Like ' Flint is a donkey ' = we don't want him to leave so talk him down.

15 hours ago, BristolBEAT said:

What do you expect from a population in a crap town that en masse voted to Leave. Their day of reckoning could come sooner than they think if Nissan decides to shut their car works because of increased cost of exporting.  

21 hours ago, cynic said:

Sunderland rag running a pretty disrespectful article about the "flop" matthews, calling him and others "deadwood" etc.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/bristol-city-still-want-flop-2m-sunderland-signing-1-8018628?

But the bit that stands out is  "However, Bristol City are keen to re-sign the 24-year-old, with Sunderland not standing in their way as they look further lighten the wage bill of those considered surplus to requirements."

If that is true, what's the hold up ?

Blimey - didn't realise he was only 24, seems to have been around forever

A definite upgrade on anything I've seen at right back at City in a long time. If it makes sense for all concerned then I'd be amazed if he isn't here over the next 6 weeks or so

54 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

Interesting that Stockhausen has posted this today, after I posted it last night on here!

50 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

What do you expect from a population in a crap town that en masse voted to Leave. Their day of reckoning could come sooner than they think if Nissan decides to shut their car works because of increased cost of exporting.  

Almost sounds as if you think voting to leave is a bad thing!

17 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Take it whichever way you want. Sunderland is a xxxxhole and likely to become even worse.

Like every area in the UK it has it's nice parts and its not so affluent areas. I used to live in Roker overlooking the marina. If that's the criteria for xxxxhole I was as happy as the proverbial pig in xxxx. Also the Mackems I knew are really nice people. 

8 minutes ago, Cider red said:

For me along with Tomlin, Mathews was the reason for our upturn in fortunes last year. 2 mil is a snip in this market!!

Got to agree. As much as Tomlin was a great signing I almost feel Matthews was a more important one. 

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

That's the spirit- yes, let's hope all foreign businesses in UK close down their operations piling unemployment misery on deprived areas that voted leave.

Whilst we're at it, let's hope City get relegated so Thatch can finally have his boo.

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Interesting that Stockhausen has posted this today, after I posted it last night on here!

If it's not that, how about the hot weather is holding up City's pursuit of ..... I mean, who is doing any work, even paperwork, in this bloody heat?

That's democracy for you. What would you rather have in its place?

Alot of the surrounding areas of Bristol voted leave, myself included. Not to mention much of England voted to leave, the Blue's speak for themselves. Anyway this isnt a political debate. My folks live in the North East and they are some of nicest people I have ever met and Sunderland isnt a crap town, there are good areas and bad, like most places, Bristol included.

scotland-brexit-scotland.jpg

12 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Alot of the surrounding areas of Bristol voted leave, myself included. Not to mention much of England voted to leave, the Blue's speak for themselves. Anyway this isnt a political debate. My folks live in the North East and they are some of nicest people I have ever met and Sunderland isnt a crap town, there are good areas and bad, like most places, Bristol included.

scotland-brexit-scotland.jpg

Have you got numbers for those who would change their minds after realising that Boris and Nigel sold them down the river before buggering off and letting others sort out the next few years of "transition"?

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Have you got numbers for those who would change their minds after realising that Boris and Nigel sold them down the river before buggering off and letting others sort out the next few years of "transition"?

Wouldnt change my mind ever, but anyway as I said rather avoid politics on a forum

54 minutes ago, smokey live said:

Is this an Adam Matthews thread?

It's been going for 8 pages with nothing happening. You've got to allow for a bit of deviation. It's only when the discussion turns to crochet patterns have you got to get worried. 

Archived