IGNORED

NFL 2016 season

BS3_RED

4 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

who's watching what tonight?

thoughts on the Colts v Jags, anyone go?

Yes. Usual Wembley experience with a near 84,000 turnout. Thought neither team looked like they could kill a game off effectively; both had moments when they had momentum but it soon fizzled out with poor offence or silly penalties. Game opened up a lot in the second half, but still managed to keep the element of surprise until the end. Can't see the Colts or Jags being in the playoffs at all.

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Still in shock at the Saints winning, and on the road!

Looked all over when I went to bed at half time

Watched 2nd half of Jags-Colts, was it more, or did the atmosphere seem a little flat? Lot of people there for not a lot of noise

Blimey what shower did the saints beat?!

9 minutes ago, Super said:

2-2 Woodsy! Baltimore next weekend so another victory!

Ravens lost at home to Raiders (I think) last night, could be a good time to play them

Funny old season, Panthers struggling, Pats getting shut out at home. Browns 0-4 the only constant. Bless them, looking forward to the day they are relevant again, been a long time

On 3 October 2016 at 09:53, Woodsy said:

Watched 2nd half of Jags-Colts, was it more, or did the atmosphere seem a little flat? Lot of people there for not a lot of noise

Have to agree with you, Woodsy. Having been to other games I thought there was a fairly tepid air about the game, until the Colts' run for the last few minutes. This is the Jags' fourth home game under The Arch and it has been better, if not by much. It also strikes me that some fans cheer for both sides if they come up with a good play, and more for a score.

Still great to be there, mind, and looking forward to the next at Twickers.

29 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I follow the Broncos, chiefs and Cowboys. 2 of the 3 are doing well so I'm pleased with that. Started to develop a soft spot for the Packers too after watching Reggie Yates TV show about them. Go Pack Go!!

Well you've got half the AFC West covered, you've a good chance of winning a division before the season's even started :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

Well you've got half the AFC West covered, you've a good chance of winning a division before the season's even started :thumbsup:

I'm quite new to the sport. Only been watching briefly for the past few years. This year I'm watching at least two games a weekend.

So as of yet I've not nailed on a team to follow. Ive attached myself to these sites as I like certain things about them. Eventually over time I expect my support to dwindle down to just the one team. 

6 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I'm quite new to the sport. Only been watching briefly for the past few years. This year I'm watching at least two games a weekend.

So as of yet I've not nailed on a team to follow. Ive attached myself to these sites as I like certain things about them. Eventually over time I expect my support to dwindle down to just the one team. 

It's a good sport to get into & Sky's coverage is quite good. A good thing to get into is the Fantasy Football League as it means you have a bit more interest in other games while you look out for how your players are doing.

It's just a shame that the season is so short compared to the amount of games played & how much of the year the teams seem to be inactive.

There's normally a fair bit of chat in here on Sunday evenings & a few videos of interest get posted throughout the week with some of news / talking points, so worth keeping an eye on this thread.

16 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Have to agree with you, Woodsy. Having been to other games I thought there was a fairly tepid air about the game, until the Colts' run for the last few minutes. This is the Jags' fourth home game under The Arch and it has been better, if not by much. It also strikes me that some fans cheer for both sides if they come up with a good play, and more for a score.

Still great to be there, mind, and looking forward to the next at Twickers.

I was wondering if maybe they had the crowd microphones turned down a little so you could hear a bit more of the on pitch chatter

I guess Colts and Jags aren't two of the best supported teams over here, if it was Bears vs Packers (for example) you might see a more raucous crowd?

12 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I follow the Broncos, chiefs and Cowboys. 2 of the 3 are doing well so I'm pleased with that. Started to develop a soft spot for the Packers too after watching Reggie Yates TV show about them. Go Pack Go!!

The year we started secondary school it was Dolphins-49ers in the big game, and the year pretty much split down the middle in terms of who we followed. After a year or two we all got bored and decided we'd all follow one of the 'lesser' teams. Colts, Packers & Patriots were popular picks (yes, they were all shit back then!) and I went for the Saints. The thrill of the Saints Superbowl win, after years of following this 4-12. 7-9 team was just brilliant. I'd suggest picking someone a little out of left field and enjoy the journey. If I was new to it now I'd follow the Browns, without any question. Play in one of the toughest divisions, but they'll come good (surely!?) at some point, and you can say you've taken the journey with them

If you stick with one of the 4 you mentioned I'd have to go Chiefs. Cowboys and Pack have good fanbases over here, Broncos less so, but still good. And the Chiefs at least play in red and white!

9 hours ago, Woodsy said:

The year we started secondary school it was Dolphins-49ers in the big game, and the year pretty much split down the middle in terms of who we followed. After a year or two we all got bored and decided we'd all follow one of the 'lesser' teams. Colts, Packers & Patriots were popular picks (yes, they were all shit back then!) and I went for the Saints. The thrill of the Saints Superbowl win, after years of following this 4-12. 7-9 team was just brilliant. I'd suggest picking someone a little out of left field and enjoy the journey. If I was new to it now I'd follow the Browns, without any question. Play in one of the toughest divisions, but they'll come good (surely!?) at some point, and you can say you've taken the journey with them

If you stick with one of the 4 you mentioned I'd have to go Chiefs. Cowboys and Pack have good fanbases over here, Broncos less so, but still good. And the Chiefs at least play in red and white!

I wouldn't give either The Cheesegimps or The Cowgirls the time of day.

Surprised noone is rooting for another glory franchise... Steelers, another one I have no time for but do have big support as well as the Bears

On 5 October 2016 at 09:52, Woodsy said:

I was wondering if maybe they had the crowd microphones turned down a little so you could hear a bit more of the on pitch chatter

I guess Colts and Jags aren't two of the best supported teams over here, if it was Bears vs Packers (for example) you might see a more raucous crowd?

The broadcasters normally use a specific microphone at field level to capture the players' calls - the bloke has a large bowl mike. The recent game was not as loud or exciting as others at Wembley, so the players were more audible.

It will be a rare day if the Pack come here (strictly as an away team only) but if they did I feel sure the atmosphere would be fantastic.

Archived