IGNORED

Most over rated groups of all Time

Major Isewater

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Tried a few different ways of wording this, but they all sound equally wrong, so here goes. Had me some Nancy Boy the other morning, bloody loved it..... 

That one is definitely in the 'thronker' category. Where you seeing them?

Haha, yep there is no easy way to say you enjoy that track!

Newport Centre in December. Hope they do some of the old stuff, they've got a great back catalogue.

The Police (Invisible Sun was the only one that was any good)

The Stranglers (Golden Brown, see above)

The Archies (may be too early for some readers)

The Spice Girls  (not possible to add further comment without resorting to profanities)

All Saints  (they made lots of records apparently but can name only one, and that was abysmal)

Frankie Goes to Hollywood  (were huge for a time but disappeared as quickly as they surfaced.     How they were as successful as they were for that short time is a mystery.

7 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

The Spice Girls  (not possible to add further comment without resorting to profanities)

All Saints  (they made lots of records apparently but can name only one, and that was abysmal)

Frankie Goes to Hollywood  (were huge for a time but disappeared as quickly as they surfaced.     How they were as successful as they were for that short time is a mystery.

I`m sorry mate, but how can you claim The Stranglers only had one decent record? Their catalogue is terrific.

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

Whatever you think of Morrissey and the like, it's pretty criminal that 95% of kids these days don't know who The Smiths are.

The Smiths should be in the National Curriculum.

Johnny Marr should be sainted (not sure he'd want to be though!)

3 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Whatever you think of Morrissey and the like, it's pretty criminal that 95% of kids these days don't know who The Smiths are.

2 hours ago, RumRed said:

The Smiths should be in the National Curriculum.

Johnny Marr should be sainted (not sure he'd want to be though!)

As a teenager and young man growing up in the 90s i just didn't get it. Didn't like Morrissey and so therefor thought i wouldn't like The Smiths. Post 30, different story, appreciate him/them so much more these days and enjoy listening.

Typically have Radio X on a home, The Smiths and Morrissey certainly get played regularly.

19 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

The Archies?!  Surely the greatest cartoon band of all time, and I make no exceptions...

22 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

With regards to the Spice Girls, All Saints and Frankie, I think you have confused commercial success with being highly rated.  In each case I don't recall critical acclaim raining down on the act.

11 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

With regards to the Spice Girls, All Saints and Frankie, I think you have confused commercial success with being highly rated.  In each case I don't recall critical acclaim raining down on the act.

Frankie deserve some credit. Relax and Two Tribes were two of the greatest ever British singles. And Trevor Horn is one of the best ever British producers.

26 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Frankie deserve some credit. Relax and Two Tribes were two of the greatest ever British singles. And Trevor Horn is one of the best ever British producers.

Although it has to be said that as none of the band played on the records, perhaps it is Trevor Horn, Steve Lipson and Holly Johnson who deserve all the credit.

On 05/09/2016 at 20:52, Dark Wood Covert said:

Doves should get an honorary mention, Lost Souls/Lost Sides is superb. Noone really mentions SFA either, maybe not their later stuff but earlier stuff YES!!

Plus a whole load of electronic artists which I can't be bothered to list, but the whole electronica/IDM scene is very underrated

....and if you love the SFA earlier stuff, they are doing a gig in bristol in december of their first two albums. Cannot wait.

On 7 September 2016 at 22:58, Lew-T said:

Madness - seen them live this summer, they're voices and stage presence was shite. 

Queen - I've never got the fascination with them. 

Status Quo - I don't like denim

Madness are actually probably underrated. Most people know them only for Our House and House Of Fun, which are decent songs but annoying and overplayed. But Madness's back catalogue is fantastic - Mike Barson is a brilliant songwriter and there are some true gems on albums like One Step Beyond, Absolutely, Madness 7 and The Rise And Fall.

The biggest disappointment I've seen live was Paul Weller, massive fan of The Jam etc but his solo live stuff was dull & boring!!

For all those Coldplay haters, they are by far the best act I've seen live & I've seen a fair few acts, I don't tend to listen them on my playlist but live they were fantastic.

Archived