IGNORED

Most over rated groups of all Time

Major Isewater

Wow, four pages of bands people don't like?!

Personally I like most of the artists mentioned in this thread, they've all done something good sometime. Not Meatloaf though, obviously. Oh, actually I do think the Killers are a bit overrated, now I think about it.

Maybe we should all open up a bit to different stuff. Elevate your mind, free your soul (come on, come on).

And for those who don't like the Beatles I have no words, just a tinge of sadness.

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 09:39, City Rocker said:

Wow, four pages of bands people don't like?!

Personally I like most of the artists mentioned in this thread, they've all done something good sometime. Not Meatloaf though, obviously. Oh, actually I do think the Killers are a bit overrated, now I think about it.

Maybe we should all open up a bit to different stuff. Elevate your mind, free your soul (come on, come on).

And for those who don't like the Beatles I have no words, just a tinge of sadness.

' come on, come on '

Gary Glitter ?

On 10/09/2016 at 12:46, BigTone said:

Dishing out crap like Yellow Submarine what do you expect ?

Ah good point, you got me there!

I wasn't keen on Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da either. Although the b-side of that single is one of the best songs ever written. I guess there were maybe four or five sub-standard tunes on their twelve albums, but no other band has ever really got close to their songwriting have they?

16 hours ago, City Rocker said:

but no other band has ever really got close to their songwriting have they?

I would think there are a few.

But back to the Beatles "best" efforts let's not forget that classic called "Octopus's Garden" amongst other shite (apart from what is already mentioned).

Then of course The Fab Four went solo.  Lennon had "Imagine" (Ok, good effort).  McCartney had "Mull of Kintyre", "Silly Love Songs" & "Mary had a little Lamb" (enough said except to add that he really is a complete dick as well). Harrison had "My Sweet Lord" (Oh dear, he should have stuck with the Travelling Willburys). Ringo had .....erm........ a fair few hangovers it seems.

They really were just the One Direction of their time.

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

But back to the Beatles "best" efforts let's not forget that classic called "Octopus's Garden" amongst other shite (apart from what is already mentioned).

Then of course The Fab Four went solo.  Lennon had "Imagine" (Ok, good effort).  McCartney had "Mull of Kintyre", "Silly Love Songs" & "Mary had a little Lamb" (enough said except to add that he really is a complete dick as well). Harrison had "My Sweet Lord" (Oh dear, he should have stuck with the Travelling Willburys). Ringo had .....erm........ a fair few hangovers it seems.

Ringo had a number 1 hit in the States with ' Photograph ' but that does n't help his case though.

Back off Boogaloo and ' It don't come easy ' were two huge hits .

The Beatles,  proof that the whole is often greater than the individual parts. 

53 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Back off Boogaloo

I remember first hearing that on the radio while in the BRI for an operation. I pleaded with the Surgeon to let me die but he insisted that I should survive so as to hear it a second time.

21 hours ago, BigTone said:

Actually George Harrison's 'All Things Must Pass' is a very fine set, mostly made up of songs that Lennon & McCartney wouldn't allow onto Beatles records.  Much better than anything the Travelling Wilburys did.

15 minutes ago, Red Bill said:

I must give a mention to ....... Boy George.  No talent whatsoever.  I am ashamed to mention that we both attended the same school.  His music teacher later said "no discernable music talent apparent" (or words to that effect).  And a right prat to boot.

You were in a girls school ?

14 hours ago, Red Bill said:

I must give a mention to ....... Boy George.  No talent whatsoever.  I am ashamed to mention that we both attended the same school.  His music teacher later said "no discernable music talent apparent" (or words to that effect).  And a right prat to boot.

Do you really want to hurt him ? 

14 hours ago, Red Bill said:

The very worst band I witnessed was The Pink Fairies in - about 1965 at Bromley Technical College.  They had two drummers (both bad) and the sound system delivered a constant drone without any notes discernible or any melody or ... anything.  Dreadful.

The worst band that I've seen live , I'm afraid , was Motorhead at Norwich . 

They were very , very loud and sadly ' Wurzel ' had flu and was replaced , at short notice , by another rhythm guitarist who apparently did n't know any of the songs !

I decided that if I was going to be deafened by a group , better that they played well . I left , regretfully, after what I think must have been three songs but it was difficult to tell such was the cacophony.

Curiously , two of the original members of Motorhead were recruited from ' The Pink Fairies ' .

I once spent a goodly sum to see Creedence Clearwater Revival at The Albert Hall having enjoyed their music on recordings.  However, I reckon they had fallen out with the promoter as they played their recordings, note for note, for exactly one hour with no comments/chat or anything other than what their contract obviously stipulated.  There was no encore and never a smile or a flicker of emotion. I felt cheated and could have stayed at home with their records and saved myself a few quid.

Archived