IGNORED

Most over rated groups of all Time

Major Isewater

On 3 September 2016 at 08:51, AshtonGreat said:

I don't think The Beatles are overrated. Best band this country has ever produced, by a distance. Their back catalogue is astonishing. 

At their best the Stones are magnificent. But they haven't made a genuinely great record in at least 30 years.

I agree about the Roses. My favourite band for many years, and I still love their early music, but no they don't deserve their godlike status.

Coldplay aren't overrated. A Rush Of Blood To The Head is bloody brilliant and they're one of the best live bands around.

The Arctic Monkeys are meh. 

The Beatles were great to be fair. At least they reinvented themselves as time went on. Revolver, Abbey Road and the White Album pure class. They proved you don't have to over complicate things to make great music. Some songs were so simple yet so good.

I agree with Coldplay.. First three albums were quality but their more recent stuff does nothing for me. Wouldn't touch their stuff now. Still good live though.

The Stones should have knocked it on the head years ago. Some of their late sixties and early seventies stuff was awesome though.

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Never heard of them .

Heretic! Were a heavy rock band from Somerset in the 70s. Their debut album "Where's that pitchfork?" was critical acclaimed.

Radiohead themselves borrowed the name of the second album "Burn the Witch" for the title of a recent single.

Kasabian

Possibly the biggest bag on **** in a sea of wankness

I would also add Muse, Coldplay & U2

At least U2 have had a couple of classics, it's just that godshite Bono I can't ******* stand. Or Chris Martin. Telling me to give my money to this, that and the other, moaning about how we are destroying the world, whilst flying between gigs making themselves millions. **** off. *****

That was very therapeutic, thank you

43 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Kasabian

Possibly the biggest bag on **** in a sea of wankness

I would also add Muse, Coldplay & U2

At least U2 have had a couple of classics, it's just that godshite Bono I can't ******* stand. Or Chris Martin. Telling me to give my money to this, that and the other, moaning about how we are destroying the world, whilst flying between gigs making themselves millions. **** off. *****

That was very therapeutic, thank you

Is that a reference to his complex?

1 minute ago, Red_Wizard said:

Any girl band

Any boy band 

Do think it's silly people think Oasis are overrated. Possibly the greatest band of all time.

I'd definitely say Coldplay are average. Yet they've headlined many festivals.

U2 can **** off though.

Anyone disses The Ramones should be banned.

Ok , name this Oasis song ;

Today i realise,

when I look into your eyes ,

that it's me that you despise,

So why tell me liés.

I'm thinking that we're through ,

It's always about you ,

but what am I to do 

when you always make me blue .

I hate the things you say ,

it never goes my way ,

You really want to play 

I don't need you to stay .

I won't put the chorus in as it would give it away .

50 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Status Qu-Oasis was nail-on-the-head accurate.

One decent album, one half-good one and a series of tired retreads thereafter. They're trad dad. Plundering the past and with zero musical progression.

Conversely, I rather like Noel Gallagher as a person. 

Where do you stand on his High Flying Birds RR?

10 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Where do you stand on his High Flying Birds RR?

I've only heard a couple of tracks, and while I admire the lack of stadium bombast, they struck me as rather derivative. Would need to hear a full album to give them a fair assessment though.

1 hour ago, Red_Wizard said:

Any girl band

Any boy band 

Do think it's silly people think Oasis are overrated. Possibly the greatest band of all time.

I'd definitely say Coldplay are average. Yet they've headlined many festivals.

U2 can **** off though.

Anyone disses The Ramones should be banned.

Assuming not a wind-up, I am interested as to what metric(s) you are basing this on.

Archived