IGNORED

Atyeo statue +++ Final plinth names fitted +++

Dollymarie

46 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

It's up on a gert big plinth, you'll be able to see it fine. I'll go take a pic of me stood next to it tomorrow to show how high off the ground it'll be :) 

Being up on that "gert big plinth" could still mean it looks pretty small if you can't get close enough because of the congestion.

.....but yeah, it shouldn't be that bad.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

It's up on a gert big plinth, you'll be able to see it fine. I'll go take a pic of me stood next to it tomorrow to show how high off the ground it'll be :) 

Aren't you about 3ft though? Isn't everything gert big to you :whistle::P:thumbsup:

• Admin
1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Seeing the height on the plinth last Sunday - I reckon it will be just below your shoulders :whistle:

This is such a momentous occasion.....very well done to all who have made it happen.

In this crazy, and often awful, world of modern football, there's not many clubs who can look back and honour a true legend who scored 351 goals in 645 games - a phenomenal record, and I'm delighted that big John will be immortalised outside our fabulous stadium...

4 hours ago, Nomad said:

I see the statue is now in place but big John is currently wearing an all black onesie which is also covering his face. Looks ace even without the detail !

Given I stuck my old man's name on of those things and I thought it might make a half decent Christmas gift, I find myself conflicted.

Do I;

A) Tell him about it early

B) Keep him masked 'till Yuletide 

C) Assume he he just won't notice either the statue or the associated legend until I point it out to him.

Option C is looking favourite to me.

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Given I stuck my old man's name on of those things and I thought it might make a half decent Christmas gift, I find myself conflicted.

Do I;

C) Assume he he just won't notice either the statue or the associated legend until I point it out to him.

Easy

1) wait for the food vouchers

2) wait for the SLO too turn up

3) get him pissed before every game you don't want him to see the statue

4) tell me **** off

• Admin
13 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Do I;

What are the chances of someone who knows him spotting his name and telling him though @Bristol Rob?

On Tuesday, November 01, 2016 at 13:53, Dollymarie said:

Couldn't you use someone taller? :whistle2:

Archived