IGNORED

Atyeo statue +++ Final plinth names fitted +++

Dollymarie

Hello everyone. 

I am delighted to announce that FINALLY, 8 years after the Supporters Club and Trust began fundraising for the John Atyeo statue, it will be unveiled just prior to the Brighton home game.

A lot of hard work has gone into this, the Supporters Club and Trust would like to thank the sculptor Tom Murphy, the football club for their efforts, the Atyeo family for their input, and everyone who has contributed to the fund.  A special mention has to go to our very own Mike Adams ( @Blagdon Mike on here) for his tireless efforts to get everything to this point. 

The statue will be unveiled at 3:30pm on the 5th of November.  A number of the Atyeo family, as well as players who played with the great John Atyeo will also be in attendance plus Tom the sculptor. 

Those who have paid for plaques on the statue will also be able to see them for the first time. If you think you have paid for a plaque and don't see your name on this list, then please follow the instructions on the link below to contact us. Alternatively if you would still like to have a plaque on the statue base, then the deadline for this is midnight tonight! 

http://bristolcitysupporters.org/atyeo-statue-is-your-name-on-the-list/

We really are delighted that these plans have finally come to fruition, and hope to see you all there on the 5th :) 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Hello everyone. 

I am delighted to announce that FINALLY, 8 years after the Supporters Club and Trust began fundraising for the John Atyeo statue, it will be unveiled just prior to the Brighton home game.

A lot of hard work has gone into this, the Supporters Club and Trust would like to thank the sculptor Tom Murphy, the football club for their efforts, the Atyeo family for their input, and everyone who has contributed to the fund.  A special mention has to go to our very own Mike Adams ( @Blagdon Mike on here) for his tireless efforts to get everything to this point. 

The statue will be unveiled at 3:30pm on the 5th of November.  A number of the Atyeo family, as well as players who played with the great John Atyeo will also be in attendance plus Tom the sculptor. 

Those who have paid for plaques on the statue will also be able to see them for the first time. If you think you have paid for a plaque and don't see your name on this list, then please follow the instructions on the link below to contact us. Alternatively if you would still like to have a plaque on the statue base, then the deadline for this is midnight tonight! 

http://bristolcitysupporters.org/atyeo-statue-is-your-name-on-the-list/

We really are delighted that these plans have finally come to fruition, and hope to see you all there on the 5th :) 

Had no idea what I was going to get my old man for Christmas.

I have now!

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

@Bristol Rob - what book etc are you referring to?

The book that seems to be coming out in conjunction with the sculpture.

From the website;

Names on the plinth and in the book
As a donor to the fund, you can get your name – or that of the person you nominate – on the plinth and in the book… plus, in the book, a short message as well.

57 minutes ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

Apologies if I've missed it, but where is the statue going to be situated? 

Out on the main walk up from the KFC roundabout, about 50 foot away from the outside screen above the sports bar. When you go to the game tomorrow you will see the beginnings of the plinth 

24 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The book that seems to be coming out in conjunction with the sculpture.

From the website;

Names on the plinth and in the book
As a donor to the fund, you can get your name – or that of the person you nominate – on the plinth and in the book… plus, in the book, a short message as well.

Worry about the plaque for now, the book is a while off so that wording doesn't need sorting just yet. 

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Quick question regarding the 20 words in the book...

Could you provide some examples of what other people have requested (depersonalised) - just to get a flavour of the sorts of dedications people have made.

We haven't started gathering them just yet, so you can have a think and just concentrate on the wording for your plaque for now as that's a limited number of characters. 

7 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Worry about the plaque for now, the book is a while off so that wording doesn't need sorting just yet. 

Hang on, you seem to be implying that I might not know my father's name.

This has suddenly gone very Jeremy Kyle.

At least I can ask Mark Ashton to check if I have the right DNA, so that helps 

• Admin
35 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Out on the main walk up from the KFC roundabout, about 50 foot away from the outside screen above the sports bar. When you go to the game tomorrow you will see the beginnings of the plinth 

We haven't started gathering them just yet, so you can have a think and just concentrate on the wording for your plaque for now as that's a limited number of characters. 

Questions, questions - @Dollymarie Is the book an additional payment to the plinth or included?

Can't remember anything about it

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Well done to the Sc&T for planning this and following it through to fruition. No doubt a great deal of time and effort has gone into it all. 

I do have one question - how high will the statue/plinths be? Will we be able to look up at him?

The statue itself is life size and a quarter. The plinth is approximately 4 feet off the ground on top of that, so yes you'll be looking up at him 

• SC&T Board Members
11 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

On the list that matters it is correct, don't worry! That's just a list of surnames of buyers. The list of names to go on the plinth has the accent!

Archived