IGNORED

Atyeo statue +++ Final plinth names fitted +++

Dollymarie

On 02/11/2016 at 22:50, Bristol Rob said:

Given I stuck my old man's name on of those things and I thought it might make a half decent Christmas gift, I find myself conflicted.

Do I;

A) Tell him about it early

B) Keep him masked 'till Yuletide 

C) Assume he he just won't notice either the statue or the associated legend until I point it out to him.

Option C is looking favourite to me.

Don;t say anything, just see if he notices or someone points it out to him which would be a nice surprise - but just in case take a piccie of the statue, and one of his plaque and send a dated text so he receives it at midnight Christmas Eve - job done

16 hours ago, cynic said:

I bought a plaque years ago with my late Dads name on it as he was a big Atyeo fan, I was planning on taking my mum to see it but unfortunately she died fairly recently. My advice, for what its worth, is take your dad to see it, don't wait for Christmas, and enjoy the moment with him.

Can't wait to see the statue but I can't be there tomorrow so will nip down during the week - it will finish off the redevelopment a treat.

That your parents are now linked, however tenuously, with Big John, it will be special for you every time you walk past the statue. 

3 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Saw him play many times, brought a tear I admit, always had time for a chat and an autograph for the fans. Some fantastic memories, with Big John back, anything is possible.

Remember when he came back against the Gas, who were top at the time? We won that one and another 10 of the last 13 and went up on the last day? With a goal from from Atyeo, of course.

Was it at Shrewsbury that he scored four to set us on the road?

Archived