IGNORED

Atyeo statue +++ Final plinth names fitted +++

Dollymarie

On 08/11/2016 at 16:49, Threshing Red said:

Yes I did notice that and wondered if he could play football. Also one of my mates said if it wasn't for my grey hairs i would look like big john. I said I wish I could have played like him. Also for Non competitive games Atyeo scored an extra 50 goals, so it would have taken his total to 400 goals and 700 appearances. Games like friendlies, Welsh and Gloucester cup etc. 

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/goal-den-wonder/story-11244492-detail/story.html

Didn't like the line in that link that said he was "shamefully and embarrassingly neglected by the club" - what was all that about?!

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Didn't like the line in that link that said he was "shamefully and embarrassingly neglected by the club" - what was all that about?!

I don't know, my guess is that maybe Atyeo wanted the managers job in 67 but didn't get it. I am sure someone here will know the reasons. 

On 7 November 2016 at 19:45, Blagdon red said:

Anyone interested in the possiblity of having a name added to the plinth, please let us know of your interest by e-mail to atyeostatue@bristolcitysupporters.org

We are compiling a 'waiting list' of people who are interested and will contact these in due course if and when a firm decision is taken to add more names.

It is possible that we may need to wait until a significant number of people (c. 40) have indicated an interest, so that one further full ring of names can be produced.

If we do go ahead, the price will be as previously £100 per 'slot' (a maximum of 25 characters, spaces included). The money will go to the club to offset their share of the statue costs.

Just sent email many thanks

1 hour ago, harvey said:

can someone tell me how I can get a name plaque added to the plinth of the Atyeo statue

On 7 November 2016 at 19:45, Blagdon red said:

Anyone interested in the possiblity of having a name added to the plinth, please let us know of your interest by e-mail to atyeostatue@bristolcitysupporters.org

We are compiling a 'waiting list' of people who are interested and will contact these in due course if and when a firm decision is taken to add more names.

It is possible that we may need to wait until a significant number of people (c. 40) have indicated an interest, so that one further full ring of names can be produced.

If we do go ahead, the price will be as previously £100 per 'slot' (a maximum of 25 characters, spaces included). The money will go to the club to offset their share of the statue costs.

Just sent email many thanks

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don't think Atyeo ever harboured a wish to become a manager, he returned full time to teaching I believe, with Biff Newman as one of his pupils.

I think the 'treatment ' was more linked to being refused tickets for games etc, which I believe  was more to do with Harry Dolmans successors....though I may be wrong.

I think there was some talk of him joining the board at some stage as well...but again I stand to be corrected.

• SC&T Board Members

I am pleased to report that by popular demand it is now possible to buy further name 'slots' on the Atyeo statue plinth.

This will be possible until 30th November and will be the final batch of names to be added.

Our intention is to get them onto the plinth in time for the last game before Christmas on 17th December.

Full details and a link to the form for making payment and specifying the name to appear on the plinth can be found on this page on our website.

1 hour ago, Blagdon red said:

I am pleased to report that by popular demand it is now possible to buy further name 'slots' on the Atyeo statue plinth.

This will be possible until 30th November and will be the final batch of names to be added.

Our intention is to get them onto the plinth in time for the last game before Christmas on 17th December.

Full details and a link to the form for making payment and specifying the name to appear on the plinth can be found on this page on our website.

Well worth it if the reaction I received was anything to go by.

• SC&T Board Members

Great stuff. A mail will go to our database of around 8,000 fans on Monday morning and Adam Baker has just kindly tweeted the news for us as well, so hopefully everyone interested in adding a name to the plinth will get to hear about this last opportunity to do so.

Full details here: http://bristolcitysupporters.org/add-your-name-to-the-atyeo-statue-plinth/

• SC&T Board Members
5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Great news.  Just paid for a plaque via internet.  Easy to do.  All they need is your wording for the plaque and your bank card details. You get a confirmatory email by return.  Well done all those involved.

Cheers 'Ivorguy'! The name you asked for is now firmly on the list!

17 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Great news.  Just paid for a plaque via internet.  Easy to do.  All they need is your wording for the plaque and your bank card details. You get a confirmatory email by return.  Well done all those involved.

Thanks Dad,  look forward to taking the nephew down in future years to explain the family history and to talk about those he never met. Lovely gesture.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

If you miss out this time - might be you forget to do it or not be in a position where financially it's a good time to spend the money then there is another option.

https://www.gov.uk/change-name-deed-poll/overview

Simply change the name of your loved one to a name already on the plinth.

I can't work out if you're a tight git,or just thrifty.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

If you miss out this time - might be you forget to do it or not be in a position where financially it's a good time to spend the money then there is another option.

https://www.gov.uk/change-name-deed-poll/overview

Simply change the name of your loved one to a name already on the plinth.

There's only one Dolls though right? :P 

Not having been to the ground since the unveiling, I'm still not sure if my plaques have the correct wording.  I was hoping to include my sons 2 grandfathers, but wasn't asked precisely what wording I wanted until, I fear, it was too late and so it may be just mine and my sons name have been inscribed.  Might this be an opportunity to get it corrected if needs be?  

15 minutes ago, The Chaplain said:

Not having been to the ground since the unveiling, I'm still not sure if my plaques have the correct wording.  I was hoping to include my sons 2 grandfathers, but wasn't asked precisely what wording I wanted until, I fear, it was too late and so it may be just mine and my sons name have been inscribed.  Might this be an opportunity to get it corrected if needs be?  

@Blagdon red is the person who can answer this for you. We did try our very best repeatedly to contact everyone who had already paid. :) 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

@Blagdon red is the person who can answer this for you. We did try our very best repeatedly to contact everyone who had already paid. :) 

Thanks, I never like to be critical of people who've done great work as volunteers, perhaps why I didn't nag more or chase up, but I don't think I had a single email apart from responses to me chasing up about payment details - never mind. 

• SC&T Board Members
10 hours ago, The Chaplain said:

Thanks, I never like to be critical of people who've done great work as volunteers, perhaps why I didn't nag more or chase up, but I don't think I had a single email apart from responses to me chasing up about payment details - never mind. 

Here's the final proof that we received from Brunel Engraving, so you can see here how the names appear on the plinth.

Atyeo statue plinth names - Phase I

• SC&T Board Members
2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Am bumping this because the absolute final deadline for anyone wishing to purchase a plaque is this Wednesday the 30th. 

Click on the link and don't say I didn't warn you :) 

As Dollymarie says, Wednesday is the ABSOLUTE deadline.

We have had over 230 new people book names on the plinth in this second round, so we have our work cut out to get everything done as planned for December 17th. However, the engraver is all lined up and we are confident of achieving that deadline.

It would nevertheless be helpful, if you are still intending to buy a 'slot' on the plinth, if you could so sooner rather than later. Today would be great. A minute before midnight on Wednesday would not be that helpful.

Cheers!

Here's the link

Archived