IGNORED

Fc uk FIFA ... wear The POPPY

WhistleHappy

I know I am Mr Naive but what a shame this didn't turn out along the lines of 'we find the nations guilty and have to apply and uphold our rules so as not to set a precedent for more sinister motives but the fines we are collecting will be donated...' - and perhaps they could be donated either to Service men/women charities or similar.

But no, even post-Blatter FIFA make complete cocks of themselves every step on the way on this one. From saying 'it has nothing to do with us it's the independent committee' to citing the charges to this eventual outcome.  Tossers. 

5 hours ago, ukneil said:

I know I am Mr Naive but what a shame this didn't turn out along the lines of 'we find the nations guilty and have to apply and uphold our rules so as not to set a precedent for more sinister motives but the fines we are collecting will be donated...' - and perhaps they could be donated either to Service men/women charities or similar.

But no, even post-Blatter FIFA make complete cocks of themselves every step on the way on this one. From saying 'it has nothing to do with us it's the independent committee' to citing the charges to this eventual outcome.  Tossers. 

Even FIFA aren't stupid enough to fine for a 'political statement' and then give the money to the charity that said 'political statement' supports. They're wrong, and mad, but not that mad.

4 hours ago, mikep said:

I am probably missing something but, why the different levels of fines? Surely as England played Scotland both teams should have been fined the same amount. Or does FIFA not like England?

Believe the fine also includes fan disorder bundled in with it, hence why.

On 24/11/2016 at 14:20, Gazred said:

Hardly political to remember your war dead. All belligerents of the world wars do it. It's not like its a statement only the British are making aimed at others.

The poppy is not just to remember our dead, it's to remember all those that died in conflict.  There is no political or glorification of war in its symbolism, it should be seen as a sign of respect, remembrance, and hopefully lessons learnt.

Archived