IGNORED

Fc uk FIFA ... wear The POPPY

WhistleHappy

Fc uk the FA too if they refuse to grow a pair and defy FIFA...

It's FIFA who are making the Remembrance Poppy 'political'  - nobody else! ...so lets stand up for The Poppy, wear it on our shirts  alongside the three lions with pride for those it really represents.

Fc uk  the corrupt FIFA dictatorship and anyone else who refuses to oppose it too .... in a new peaceful war standing up for the freedoms from dictatorships those who fought and died to win for us many years ago. 

Or replace the Three Lions with hamsters, and watch the FA die. 

:englandsmile4wf: :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf: :city: :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf: :englandsmile4wf: 

Absolute tossers at FIFA.  God only hopes the FA and SFA stand up to these b*******s, at least the fans can display a show of force hopefully even if the players can't.  After all isn't the poppy a symbol of remembrance for those lost from ALL sides?

Course you could be like me who is on a personal boycott of watching / following / or remotely giving a toss about all 2018 / 2022 qualifiers and finals anyway, for numerous reasons which I am sure are obvious to most football fans and followers of basic human and democratic rights and freedoms!  And it's not because England are crap and a laughing stock, although that does make it easier.  Until very recently I watched / followed England games with the same emotions as a City game.

58 minutes ago, ukneil said:

Absolute tossers at FIFA.  God only hopes the FA and SFA stand up to these b*******s, at least the fans can display a show of force hopefully even if the players can't.  After all isn't the poppy a symbol of remembrance for those lost from ALL sides?

Course you could be like me who is on a personal boycott of watching / following / or remotely giving a toss about all 2018 / 2022 qualifiers and finals anyway, for numerous reasons which I am sure are obvious to most football fans and followers of basic human and democratic rights and freedoms!  And it's not because England are crap and a laughing stock, although that does make it easier.  Until very recently I watched / followed England games with the same emotions as a City game.

Couldn't agree more. Personally do not give a flying pig poop what the England scores are nowadays but I'm praying that they leave the poppy on the shirt. Stands for more than just football. My admiration for the poppy far outweighs my dislike for the national team and international football. So here's to hoping that the FA and SFA do something and stand up to FIFA once and for all. I think there's more of a chance of me growing another nose though.

5 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

My first thought was "oh no, not this argument again" but it opens up some interesting thoughts. Let's say ex-prime minister and war criminal Tony Blair dies, would FIFA object to black arm bands? 

Would the England national team wear black armbands for his death? Hardly a great figure in our history. 

5 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

Would the England national team wear black armbands for his death? Hardly a great figure in our history. 

Probably not,but there's a whole host of candidates- Serbia wearing one for some of its charmers from the 90s is probably a more realistic one, if not so close to home.

2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

My first thought was "oh no, not this argument again" but it opens up some interesting thoughts. Let's say ex-prime minister and war criminal Tony Blair dies, would FIFA object to black arm bands? 

An armband is not a poppy…

I'd very much doubt that Tony Blair would receive any such recognition.

They were talking about this on tv this morning. Apparently this also happened last(?) year when the compromise was for the players not to have the poppy on their shirts but were 'allowed' to wear Poppy armbands instead.

I guess we are hoping to have this a discussion between The FA/SFA and FIFA now every year until they are hold to shove it.  Unbelieveable really when you consider the matches being played over the next few qualifiers are to win the prize of a place in two of the most corrupt World Cups ever, and don't get me started on their human rights and other stances of those destinations. 

So Argentina can get away with pre match team photos of them holding a banner saying 'Las Malvinas Son Argentinas' (The Falklands Are Argentine) and face no repercussions whatsoever, but wear a Poppy to commemorate war dead of all nations and we could be fined?

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

FIFA were advised that the wearing of the poppy as a political statement

The three home nations will get the go ahead - nothing to worry about here, just poor lack of understanding of the cause at FIFA

I wonder who "advised" FIFA that wearing poppies is a "political statement".

FIFA should know by now that the poppy emblem is a remembrance icon to represent the poppy flowers growing (life) on the battlefields after all the slaughter of  WW1.

At least we can't blame Sepp Blatter for this one....

Probably overblown by the Scum but nevertheless is indicative of the type of thinking at FIFA, probably the most corrupt of all world sports organisations. They are apparently showing more concern about a symbol of remembrance than tackling the true ills of the game, such as racism and drugs, which they have done sod all about!!

Let's turn the centre circle on the pitch into one giant poppy.

6 hours ago, daored said:

Quite simply the FA tells FIFA the players will be wearing poppies on their shirts. If FIFA decide to fine the FA then I hope the FA refuse to pay it. Time to show some bollocks FA, wonder if they have any?

The FA shows some B******ks. Don't make me laugh. Hodgeson, Allardyce and now....Oh god and now.

This is the FA that refused to make Brian Clough England manager and refused to take Big John to the 1958 world cup because he was a semi-pro, despite the fact he scored n the 5th minute of injury time in Dublin to actually get us there, ignoring the England goals to games ratio that would make him a superstar today

The FA are endemically without testicles and have been for 100 years. Being a Eunuch is in fact I understand a job criteria to get anywhere near the running of our game.

However they are good at taking our money, self promotion and pontificating over the most abject failures of our national side and of the competition that bears their name The FA cup, which is now reduced to a reserve team tournament....But god Bless the FA Premier League, the third best league in Europe riddled with bent agents and dodgy deals...Big Sam just fitted right in with the ethos didn't he!

England wear a Poppy its important to the nation and to the one thing that funds them, us. If England walk out with a poppy on the shirt then perhaps we can give them a little credit and FIFA can go deduct the Effing points, because we will have shown our national pride in fallen former and serving servicemen....FIFA the only sporting organization in the world that is more bent than the FA deducting points for a flower, but unable to stop the greed and skulduggery that blights the game at home and globally  ....Hilarious Irony!

• Admin
6 hours ago, daored said:

Quite simply the FA tells FIFA the players will be wearing poppies on their shirts. If FIFA decide to fine the FA then I hope the FA refuse to pay it. Time to show some bollocks FA, wonder if they have any?

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The FA shows some B******ks. Don't make me laugh.

FA are now looking into seeing what the fine would be if they do have the poppies on the shirts - expect if Scotland FA and Wales FA all agree to take the fine - which sounds like will be £££ rather than points etc

Personally I don't understand the big fuss, we haven't worn a poppy on the England international shirt for 100 plus years, so why is it so important now.

Everyone in the crowd can wear a poppy and there can be a ceremony and a minutes silence before the match takes place............ as there always has been at football matches this time of the year.

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

FA are now looking into seeing what the fine would be if they do have the poppies on the shirts - expect if Scotland FA and Wales FA all agree to take the fine - which sounds like will be £££ rather than points etc

The FAW and The SFA will need to make their own decision obviously and it's not relevant to England one way or another.

The FA looking into the fine/points deduction is just dandy as reported today, however this should not be an issue of mitigation or negotiation its an issue of what is right. Wear it be and damned and if the corrupt FIFA want  want money or points let them chase it through the courts...

The fact that no one has stood up to this organization is why every world cup is filled with brown envelopes and corruption and most are sick of their antics! (as they are with the FA)

I'd love the FA to stand up to FIFA but FIFA brings in the money through internationals etc. If the FA were to stand up to FIFA and FIFA threw a major wobbly then no more qualifiers which in turn would lead to the FA defaulting on its payments of Wembley. It isn't as simple as just paying the fine or not trying to qualify, there are lots of factors.

However over this issue the Scots should wear blue and both teams should have poppies all round unless of course any individual does not want to wear one.

Try telling the victims of some of the British wars that the poppy isn't a political symbol. 

Whilst involvement in WW1 & 2 were clearly vindicated in the fight against fascism, we have also been involved in plenty more calamitous invasions that have led to millions of innocent deaths.

I wear a poppy but I understand those who decide not to. Its not necessarily disrespecting anyone.

45 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

Try telling the victims of some of the British wars that the poppy isn't a political symbol. 

Whilst involvement in WW1 & 2 were clearly vindicated in the fight against fascism, we have also been involved in plenty more calamitous invasions that have led to millions of innocent deaths.

Which "British wars" do you mean?

2 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Personally I don't understand the big fuss, we haven't worn a poppy on the England international shirt for 100 plus years, so why is it so important now.

Everyone in the crowd can wear a poppy and there can be a ceremony and a minutes silence before the match takes place............ as there always has been at football matches this time of the year.

A valid point, but if people want it to be worn it should be. The last 100 years has set many precedents which we're now happy to replace. 

16 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

A valid point, but if people want it to be worn it should be. The last 100 years has set many precedents which we're now happy to replace. 

I agree with you Bill does have a point. But England v Scotland on armistice day in a World Cup qualifier is a valid reason to wear a poppy too. Just bloody wear it and some of us might give the FA a little long overdue credit

Archived