IGNORED

Does Little Lee Really Know What He is Doing

longyears

3 hours ago, Strawberry2157. said:

It would help if he played the players he bought in the last transfer window before claiming he needs 3 more! 

When he was appointed I said he'd be gone by Christmas! He's Showing he's a little out of his depth at the moment. 

No, I don't believe he is out of his depth as results this season prove as well as our position in the table

Whilst trying to build a new team, and place emphasis on young players (please don't forget O'Dowda was selected for Ireland, and Moore scored for an England team) there are bound to be a few bumps along the road.  Wait until ten games in after third transfer window before beginning a 'manager must go thread'.

Of course, if we are in relegation zone by mid January action will be needed, but believe me we won't be.

4 hours ago, Strawberry2157. said:

It would help if he played the players he bought in the last transfer window before claiming he needs 3 more! 

When he was appointed I said he'd be gone by Christmas! He's Showing he's a little out of his depth at the moment. 

You're prediction will be wrong then... 

Out of his depth would mean that the team is struggling at the wrong end of the table with a negative goal difference. But one thing you have failed to mention is progression, which LJ has achieved. Progression from a struggling team to a team fully capable of holding our own, midtable will do us fine and keep to on building on the initial good work so far. aAnything on top of this would be an added bonus.

Besides we are 3 points off 6th 

Well we should not worried about going down to league 1 this season i am very sure we will stay in championship... My only concern is if Lee johnson keeps playing the same one up front from the start even when Tammy returns to his club like Steve Cotterill did with his formation he refused to change his formation when it was clear the championship managers sorted out how to set up their team the same thing is happening with lee johnson at the moment.... Will lee change his formation if we are not going in the right direction and sliding further down the league table towards Div 1 next season.That's why Barnsley fans do not like Johnson he only changed his formation when they had injuries and he had no choice but to change his formation that's when they started winning and won promotion I hope he does... 

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Are you thinking of Stockdale as the goalkeeper "with England caps"?! He's got one cap for the England C team (i.e. Non-league under 23s) in 2004 - and even then he only came on as sub - not quite what you are making out?

Frankie Fielding has got loads more international experience than that - with his 14 caps for England under 19s and under 21s...and Ivan Lucic has 19 Austrian caps at four different levels...

Yeah think i got him confused with someone else. stockdale is still better than frank fielding. 

6 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

A 'good' championship team gets more than 4 points out of a possible 24! that is relegation form.

I don't care who the manager is or who the club is that form is a concern.

right now I don't see what is being done to address it, there are changes being made every week but to no avail.

i don't think he knows his best team and I think he believes his tactical genius will get us points but that is not the case recently.

we needed a goal late on yesterday and he brings on a 37 year old!

Yeah it's a mystery why he brings on a 37 striker that has a habit of getting late goals .... you must have missed blackburn and derby?

11 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I must be imaging this thing called "training" that players do all week, a part of which includes training matches.

Training matches may be good, but that's what they are Training matches. There is a difference between playing against your own players and Championship teams who want to beat you, he will only get real experience of the English game if he is allowed to play in them and not just sit on the bench and watch, he can do that in the stand. IMO,  LJ must start to use him as a sub in every game from now on,  even if we are winning and help him gain real experience of the EFL.  Who knows, he may be just what we need up front to swing the game in our favour.   LJ if you don't try, you will never know!

The one thing that annoys me is the amount of times he has said how well we have played this season and soon it will turn around. Lee is a broken record sometimes. I'm certainly no way near any LJ out camp and I hope no supporter is, but it needs to be sorted out asap. 4th from bottom of form guide, 4th worst away record. Worst goals scored first half in the league.

9 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

The one thing that annoys me is the amount of times he has said how well we have played this season and soon it will turn around. Lee is a broken record sometimes. I'm certainly no way near any LJ out camp and I hope no supporter is, but it needs to be sorted out asap. 4th from bottom of form guide, 4th worst away record. Worst goals scored first half in the league.

And yet despite all those doom and gloom statistics, we're 10th in the table and much closer to the playoffs than we are the relegation zone. That's after finishing 18th last year and not even competing in this division the year before that. Suggests to me he's doing something right.

Growing tired of pointless statistics that don't really mean anything. No manager ever got the sack because their team didn't score enough first half goals.

7 hours ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Anyone who calls him Little Lee is clearly a hater. And I wonder if you'd call him that to his face

Not if he's 6 '6" he wouldn't - it would go right over Lee's head :)

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

And yet despite all those doom and gloom statistics, we're 10th in the table and much closer to the playoffs than we are the relegation zone. That's after finishing 18th last year and not even competing in this division the year before that. Suggests to me he's doing something right.

Growing tired of pointless statistics that don't really mean anything. No manager ever got the sack because their team didn't score enough first half goals.

As I've said before though, our league position is largely based on our early-season form. Our recent results show we are on the slide, and that needs to be addressed.

Watching match of the Day last night I noticed that every goal from open play in the premiership there were at least three attacking players in the penalty box. 

As a regular follower of city I can't say that I've seen this to be the case to often this season. 

If you're sat at your desk reading this Lee please take note !

The question is does he know what he is doing?  My answer would be that he knows what he wants to achieve, yet not experienced in getting it yet. Our fans seem to compare us to the Brighton's send Derby's, they've had years of developing their squads, with much more experienced managers, ours had to have a major overhaul and is still so new. 

Our great start has led to a higher expectation and now anything less is seen as failure by some. So if the question is bring asked do we change the manager now then I will shout no as loud as I can. Do I want less emphasis on Tammy to get the goals, yes. How this is achieved, through players or formations I'm sure is being worked on, so yes Lee does know what he's doing.

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

All teams go through sticky patches at some point, currently over the last 6 games we have the same points total as Norwich and Huddersfield, there's a long way to go yet

Quite. You have to wonder what some fans were expecting from this season. If the results had come in a different order I am sure most people would be happy with our position, the fact that we have had a poor run of late has got some worried.  Perhaps we are too quick to criticise those foreign chairmen that pull the trigger at every slight blip....

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Quite. You have to wonder what some fans were expecting from this season. If the results had come in a different order I am sure most people would be happy with our position, the fact that we have had a poor run of late has got some worried.  Perhaps we are too quick to criticise those foreign chairmen that pull the trigger at every slight blip....

No one wants LJ to feel under undue pressure, but this 'poor run of form of late' will be a concern for everyone connected to the club, not least LJ himself.

At the moment it could be seen as just a blip, a few more consecutive defeats and it becomes a real problem, a slide where confidence throughout the club would inevitably drop while pressure on every result increased.

While most fans will be more than content with our current league position, recent results are very much on a downward trend and the club needs a win, along with hopefully a confidence boosting convincing 90 minute performance, and the sooner the better.

8 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

No one wants LJ to feel under undue pressure, but this 'poor run of form of late' will be a concern for everyone connected to the club, not least LJ himself.

At the moment it could be seen as just a blip, a few more consecutive defeats and it becomes a real problem, a slide where confidence throughout the club would inevitably drop while pressure on every result increased.

While most fans will be more than content with our current league position, recent results are very much on a downward trend and the club needs a win, along with hopefully a confidence boosting convincing 90 minute performance, and the sooner the better.

The most important thing Noggers, is not to add Lee's photo to your signature "rogues" gallery, as that would surely be the kiss of death for his time as manager!

Early in the season we were often accused of playing crap and winning .

Saturday we played well by all accounts and narrowly lost .

We just need the rub of the green against Reading to get the momentum going again and we'll be alright.

We need Tammy and Tomlin to notch .

The other point I would like to make is that we are ' staying ' in games this season whereas last year we would often get blown away.

The margins are very fine at this level.

14 minutes ago, downendcity said:

The most important thing Noggers, is not to add Lee's photo to your signature "rogues" gallery, as that would surely be the kiss of death for his time as manager!

Little chance of that downend since they stopped having open days for some reason.

I'd have liked to have added Del and Cotts, not sorry to have missed the miserable SO'D though!

Archived