IGNORED

Does Little Lee Really Know What He is Doing

longyears

At senior reds on Thursday one of guys and his wife had got to watch City at Barnsley and in a local pub a couple of locals came over recognising a Bristolian accent and werecsaying how much the Tykes all rated LJ and were sorry to see him move on. The team they currently have is largely down to LJs recruitment. 

So yeah, LJ does know what he's doing.

4 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

Why have we got a £2.5M  striker on the bench when Tammy is isolated up front.

It's certainly odd to me. I watched the Hull game and Engval looked sharp, good touch and ran the channels well. Now maybe he is not impressing in training or playing well in the reserves/u-23 games, but on the evidence of the Hull performance I'd much rather see him playing instead of Paterson. Very surprised he has not at least been given some sub time.

59 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

34 posts? Do you just reserve your posts for digs at little lee or just to wind us up?

Sorry fella but I have over 500 posts just with a different id - due to personal abuse I changed mine twice over a ten year period - think you are a beginner really !

3 minutes ago, longyears said:

Exactly

Exactly what?

As your original post states, you have your doubts about LJ and still it seems you're happy writing him off even now

The fact he has actually improved us since January and we currently are 10th. If that isn't progression from where we were than what is? What were your actual expectations? Playoffs? Top 2? Running away with the league?

As a poster who is perceived as 'negative' I'll wade in on this one. 

I was very much against Lee....jury is still out for me if I am totally honest , BUT,  we can only judge him on the overall job he has done from day one...to now. He has done a very good job so far  

We need to get out of our heads any thought of being top 6 this season.  We are not good enough yet and have far to many players who are anonymous for long periods. Patterson and Bryan are two of the most guilty ones for me

First half today I thought were abysmal.  Second half much better but so amateur and wasteful, and them scoring late was so predictable . Everyone knew it was gonna happen. We have a soft underbelly and need to toughen up and get smarter sharpish .

We lack composure in the final third to. Some of our chances we wasted today were embarrassing . As disappointing as it was giving away another soft goal...if we did our job in the final third it wouldn't have mattered

We need to spend in January. If we have any aspirations of competing top ten this year or next we need to buy at least another 5 players. 

Does Lee know what he's doing?  I honestly have no idea. Time will tell 

I think the discussion comes because a long spell without a win can really hurt you. Relegation talk seem premature but winning next week is not likely and Ipswich won't be easy at home. 2 losses could see our 8 points from bottom 3 go to 3 or 4. That's the championship. Any other coach in this form would get some questions asked about him and LJ should get the same. 

That being said, he's a manager on the rise and getting better himself. He has an idea of what he wants and is sticking to it. I'm sure he's the right manager at the moment and for the foreseeable future. He should feel some pressure though for the form. It can only keep him hungry to keep pushing this team on

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think the discussion comes because a long spell without a win can really hurt you. Relegation talk seem premature but winning next week is not likely and Ipswich won't be easy at home. 2 losses could see our 8 points from bottom 3 go to 3 or 4. That's the championship. Any other coach in this form would get some questions asked about him and LJ should get the same. 

That being said, he's a manager on the rise and getting better himself. He has an idea of what he wants and is sticking to it. I'm sure he's the right manager at the moment and for the foreseeable future. He should feel some pressure though for the form. It can only keep him hungry to keep pushing this team on

Cotterill didnt right up until the Reading game away, Championship wise he was totally abysmal and the performances got worse every game. Of course Johnson has to have questions asked but it seems like I said there is some mini witch hunt that fans didn't like him as a player which has now transferred to him as a manager... it was only a matter of time that he would be criticised. 

Yes thats true but also we are 1 win away from a top 6 side, that is definite progress in regards to being 2 wins or whatever it was from being 21st last season

12 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Although we are on a bad run I think this is really important. He needs to stick to his key ideas and if he does I think he will change little bits and it will come good. If he changes too much he will potentially have less knowledge on it and players might begin to question him IMO. I like what he's trying to do and will support it.

Yes, on a bad run, but I would've taken 10th at the start of the season. December looks like a brighter month for us so let's get through the rough patch by getting behind the ckub and get ourselves on a bit of run going into the transfer window! COYR.

I thought his appointment was premature in his development but I have to admit to now being a convert, I love his interviews and analysis and I love the fact that he isn't afraid to make big changes when needed.

I appreciate in many ways that this season is a consolidation season, although I suspect LJ truly does not see things that way and a few mistakes have been made IMO.

The lack of striking options was/is a huge error and the central midfield to me is still a huge concern, the organisation at times is poor, too often we are caught on the break when all 3 of them are ahead of the ball, the move breaks down and there is a ******* gurt hole down the middle, to me this really does need sorting and has done probably for at least 2 years, one of the 3 of them needs to take control and organise properly or better still a little more quality in centre midfield wouldn't go amiss.

LJ knows that we are 3 to 4 players light of being a top 6 side, I have complete confidence in him, and realise this season is one of consolidation. We will have good spells and bad spells, and will probably end up around 10th - 13th. I feel what we don't need are knee jerk reactions, but belief that with SL's backing we are on an upward trajectory to the promised land………Hallelujah Brother!!

We are in the position we should be based on the talent of our squad. We'll finish btween 8th and 14th. Anyone believeing in a promotion or playoff season is deluded. 

Even though im the self appointed head of the steve cotterill fan club, lee johnson is doing a good job here and doesnt need this kind of bollocks. 

38 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Exactly what?

As your original post states, you have your doubts about LJ and still it seems you're happy writing him off even now

The fact he has actually improved us since January and we currently are 10th. If that isn't progression from where we were than what is? What were your actual expectations? Playoffs? Top 2? Running away with the league?

Don't question him! He has another account with over 500 posts don't you know!

44 minutes ago, longyears said:

Sorry fella but I have over 500 posts just with a different id - due to personal abuse I changed mine twice over a ten year period - think you are a beginner really !

Can I just ask one question? I know I only have 680 odd posts but in what world does 500 posts + 35 posts add up to more than 680 for you to call me a beginner?

I'm sure he knows what he wants to achieve but he's making wrong decisions somewhere which is making us ineffective in attack. Be it tactically, selection or what, I can't put my finger on it, but we simply can't seem to score ATM whereas the first 10 games we were one of the highest scoring teams and we were the team that game in game out had the most chances on goal. None of this is happening now and I don't know why it has just vanished from our game.

I guess I'm confused as to which part of " we're building a team for the future" and "we're developing exciting young players" and "we'll need three transfer windows to build the team to challenge at the top" is lost on fans who are clearly unhappy with our current top half position.

Then again, I've always been confused about which part of winning the double made SC so unpopular in hindsight.

Archived