IGNORED

Does Little Lee Really Know What He is Doing

longyears

No he has done a superb job since he has been here and our squad is most definitely better than what he started with.

we are just being dragged down to our level this year which will be mid table. We have potential to end up in top 10 but if we finish anywhere between 10-15 then it will be steady progress.

his real test will be over the next two windows as he has said he needed 3 to get the squad he wanted.

no panic

17 minutes ago, longyears said:

I had my doubts on appointment and sadly still do - last 5/6 games are relegation form. Anyone else think likewise ?

Given how he has performed from appointment until now you quite clearly had no intentions of changing your opinion on his appointment so I fail to understand 'sadly'. 

23 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Every team has a bad spell, hopefully we are going through ours now. 

Let's hope so......:facepalm:

Lots of posters think that a striker is a priority in the January and whilst that's obvious I reckon the defence needs strengthening as well. 

Another right back and CB are hopefully on LJs shopping list.

LJ has said all along that he'll need three windows to mount a serious threat at the top of the SBC. He's got his first one coming up..

40 minutes ago, longyears said:

I had my doubts on appointment and sadly still do - last 5/6 games are relegation form. Anyone else think likewise ?

Nope, he's the right man for the job.

The position we are in now is a vast improvement on the position we were in 12 months ago... about this time last year we were getting spanked by Rovrum. 

Yes, normal-sized Lee does know what he's doing.  We are in a tough league, looking to grow, and we will lose quite a few games along the way.

It's clear that someone has a negative opinion of LJ when they refer to him as Little Lee, or that this thread is just a wind-up.

5 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Nope, he's the right man for the job.

The position we are in now is a vast improvement on the position we were in 12 months ago... about this time last year we were getting spanked by Rovrum. 

Amen to that. Some people on here have such short memories it's untrue. 

There's no disputing we're in a poor run of form and we clearly need to win soon to restore confidence. Unfortunately not sure it'll be next weekend.

There are a number of positives from last season, firstly we've been in every game which we can't say from last season. I believe Tammy needs some support up top. This is his debut season as a professional and as well as he's played we're asking a lot of him.

The one thing I would say about Johnson is, he appears to alter shape and personnel on a regular basis. Is he trying to be too clever?

For me, we're where we should be based on squad and experience. 

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Let's hope so......:facepalm:

Lots of posters think that a striker is a priority in the January and whilst that's obvious I reckon the defence needs strengthening as well. 

Another right back and CB are hopefully on LJs shopping list.

LJ has said all along that he'll need three windows to mount a serious threat at the top of the SBC. He's got his first one coming up..

First point I totally agree, RB has to be sorted out quickly and I think they need to look at the defence as a whole, I have walked out of games thinking that individually they've played well but still managed to offer up chances regularly.

As for the windows, didn't he say that last year/season ? He's had one active window, Jan is a difficult one every year and the third would be next summer. 

I'm hoping the newly  appointed coach will give them scope to work on things and sure up a promising defence. 

There is a problem up front and relying on a young lad seems a bit silly right now, however good. Engvall may not be ready to start but a change can't be long in coming. It would be good to get someone in come Jan, I'm not optimistic though, the best way would be to play 2 up front and see how the Swedish lad does. Tomlin, and I'm a big fan , can be a problem when changing the formation, 2 up top leaves us needing to play him as a central No. 10 and then we'd have to play 33 midfielders. Alternative is to drop him (!) and play a 4-4-2 , drop our most creative player?  It's all trade off's , that's why systems come and go, it's also why LJ is manager and not me

We are creating chances, we seem to be unable to convert them -  I have no idea if there is such a thing as a composure and finishing coach, but if so I'd bring some in for 3 months and get our lads confident and able to increase our conversion rate. We should be scoring more with the number of chances we get.....

Archived