IGNORED

Does Little Lee Really Know What He is Doing

longyears

On 11/20/2016 at 03:32, Phileas Fogg said:

You're right but regardless, his point is still very valid.

There are lots of similarities with us and Brighton and they're a good model for us to look at and emulate. They also are based in a relatively large potential catchment area and Brighton, like Bristol, is affluent. Both of us are equipped to support a Prem side. 

Across the board though they are much stronger than us on the pitch but also off it. Like us, they've got a new stadium (I know ours has been redeveloped before someone takes it upon themselves to be tedious) but have had a couple more years to get the logistics and infrastructure right.. as well as promoting it effectively and finding pricing that works.. they get very good crowds and it's surely inevitable they'll be promoted soon. We aren't that far away but have some improving to do on the pitch and off it before we can compete. Give it two seasons and I think we'll be at a similar level not only as a playing side but as a club and business.

The future is bright though, people need to be patient.

Broadly agree but am unconvinced of Bristol's prosperity, generally very similar model to aim for though- Bristol to me seems quite affluent but the reality is often different...jobs which require wearing of suits e.g. may look have the image of being affluent but...not so simple.

That aside, broadly agree we are on the right road but the POTD prices may need looking at to take that next step.

On Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 20:37, ciderbeans said:

I'm sure he knows what he wants to achieve but he's making wrong decisions somewhere which is making us ineffective in attack. Be it tactically, selection or what, I can't put my finger on it, but we simply can't seem to score ATM whereas the first 10 games we were one of the highest scoring teams and we were the team that game in game out had the most chances on goal. None of this is happening now and I don't know why it has just vanished from our game.

another five assistant coaches wanted

Little Lee has been Little Lee through good and bad, so don't take too much notice of that.

However we keep losing and missing what chances we do make. So it's not a stretch for people to ask the question right now.

Myself, I will stand behind the bloke as a fan and I believe is a good manager that seems to be trying to play in a way that is consistently not working.

This week the quote on Thursday from LJ was Freeman and Bryan are the best crossers of the ball we have. OK Freeman semi fit but our next best crosser plays 60mins at Full Back not hurting anyone while we don't even have Goldbourn on the bench. LJ may see Bryan as a long term Left Back but right now we need him further forward to get the ball in and shoot. Bryan can shoot and hit the target Reid keeps losing his head within range of goal.

O'Neil does keep his head around the box but plays to deep, Pack Patterson Korey Ododa and Browning couldn't score in a brothel (maybe occasionally on special occasions but its rare). So we rely on Tomlin for a touch of one man genius and Tammy who can barely get a sniff as we can't get a decent ball in.

This stuff is not I hate LJ or LJ hating it is in fact in front of everyone every week. The only real change we get is gung ho and charge when chasing a goal/goals. That is not good enough!

So its not does LJ know what he's doing its what is LJ going to do to make things happen again. Yes we have had some dodgy refs lately but we need something new (or maybe revert to what we know works)

** UPDATE**

LJ post game 'Reid would be looked at by Premier League clubs if he had scored 3 of his last eight missed chances. Something will have to change, 'whether we go back or try something new' (paraphrasing here) 24 really really good shots on goal, keeper MOM blah blah...AS ABOVE. Thanks Lee. Good Luck next week!

36 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Little Lee has been Little Lee through good and bad, so don't take too much notice of that.

However we keep losing and missing what chances we do make. So it's not a stretch for people to ask the question right now.

Myself, I will stand behind the bloke as a fan and I believe is a good manager that seems to be trying to play in a way that is consistently not working.

This week the quote on Thursday from LJ was Freeman and Bryan are the best crossers of the ball we have. OK Freeman semi fit but our next best crosser plays 60mins at Full Back not hurting anyone while we don't even have Goldbourn on the bench. LJ may see Bryan as a long term Left Back but right now we need him further forward to get the ball in and shoot. Bryan can shoot and hit the target Reid keeps losing his head within range of goal.

O'Neil does keep his head around the box but plays to deep, Pack Patterson Korey Ododa and Browning couldn't score in a brothel (maybe occasionally on special occasions but its rare). So we rely on Tomlin for a touch of one man genius and Tammy who can barely get a sniff as we can't get a decent ball in.

This stuff is not I hate LJ or LJ hating it is in fact in front of everyone every week. The only real change we get is gung ho and charge when chasing a goal/goals. That is not good enough!

So its not does LJ know what he's doing its what is LJ going to do to make things happen again. Yes we have had some dodgy refs lately but we need something new (or maybe revert to what we know works)

** UPDATE**

LJ post game 'Reid would be looked at by Premier League clubs if he had scored 3 of his last eight missed chances. Something will have to change, 'whether we go back or try something new' (paraphrasing here) 24 really really good shots on goal, keeper MOM blah blah...AS ABOVE. Thanks Lee. Good Luck next week!

Certainly talks a good game does he not !

It seems that everyone apart from Lee Johnson can see that Tammy is isolated up front on his own in the current formation. I noticed it in the Cardiff game and it's been happening since. It's baffling. Quite simply, we haven't replaced Kodjia, which is pretty shoddy considering we sold him for £15million. By the time Engvall is up and running (if he ever is), half the season will be gone. I get the whole 'he's one for the future' attitude, but we need a goalscorer now!

The next 5 weeks will help to shape our profile in the transfer market. There is no doubt that we need to bring a few players in to energise the squad and improve in some key areas. At the start of the season we could sell a vision based on a new ground and a strong end to last season. We need to get a few results between now and the 1st of Jan in order to convince the right players to sign on. 

Ok, so the run we've been on of late has been pretty poor but we are still able to compete on the pitch and we will get back to winning ways. 

In fact, @longyears, I think the absence of this thread last week betrays you.

Surely if you really thought Lee Johnson was clueless you would have brought it up after we beat Ipswich 2-0 in spite of the result, because it was, if truth be told, a less than stellar performance.

So I think you lack conviction in your own belief here and are using each negative result as a way to grasp at straws while trying to turn people against our young manager.

Cock up between goalie and a defender cost s a point - how ca the manager do anything about that?

What I think he must address , and quickly, is our consistent inability to hit the ground running at the start of games. There are too many good teams in this division who won't let us back into games if we concede early on.

We seemed to lose all our momentum following the international break a couple of months ago, and don't seem to have the same confidence 

He put a team out with 4-4-2 to play a team using 4-2-3-1.

Tomlin as wide left, so Golbourne was left with two and three attackers and no help. And the midfield overrun by the 2-3.

Plus the clangers that we keep on doing which means we are like a charity dishing out points to everyone who needs them. Rotherham, Sheff Wed, Huddersfield and even Brighton. 

We are throwing  away a golden chance to have an interest in the top six by our own stupidity in defence and profligacy in attack.

Archived