IGNORED

I would sack Johnson now

Numero Uno

5 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Get a grip please, acknowledge where we were last season and the fact that we are relying on a 19 year old who's never played men's football before. Not saying LJ is doing a great job but we know this isn't a permanent level of performance. 

Who paid £1.8m for a dud? That's why we rely on a 19 year old week on week out.

6 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Get a grip please, acknowledge where we were last season and the fact that we are relying on a 19 year old who's never played men's football before. Not saying LJ is doing a great job but we know this isn't a permanent level of performance. 

Where were we last season? Not much worse off. And as another poster said, it's the manager's fault we're relying on a 19 year old. Besides, Tammy has done OK - it's the rest, and the manager's management of them, that are crap

5 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

You keep asking to 'get a grip' I try but how do you accept that losing every match is any way sort of evoking a melt down. I am afraid Johnson has cashed his chips, shame really, had great expectations, but this is just too much for him.  

19 minutes ago, bs3 said:

You make a great point about us relying on a 19 loan players, but who fault is that?

LJ and Mark Ashton of course, if we had a Kodjia and we were 17th I'd probably be more inclined to say LJ should be going but I don't think our team is as good as people believe. Like LJ said we need to give him more transfer windows. Whether or not he brings the right people in this month remains to be seen and will certainly help me decide how much I rate him. 

I'm a big fan of LJ but his tactics & decisions are becoming a real concern now. Very McInnes like. Square pegs in round holes. Not sure why we keep persisting with 4-3-3 when we don't have one single decent winger at the club. Also Tammy was as isolated as I've seen first half. Too many central midfielders who hold and do little else. We don't break in numbers and it's clear the formation isn't working.

having said all of that we didn't deserve anything today in my opinion. Outplayed by a poor Wolves side. Not good.

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Who paid £1.8m for a dud? That's why we rely on a 19 year old week on week out.

I'm not 100% certain what you mean exactly by a dud but I'm with you that Engvall should be much more involved. LJ does things that annoy me a lot but I don't see the point in sacking him tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

LJ and Mark Ashton of course, if we had a Kodjia and we were 17th and probably be more inclined to say LJ should be going but I don't think our team is as good as people believe. Like LJ said we need to give him more transfer windows. Whether or not he brings the right people in this month remains to be seen and will certainly help me decide how much I rate him. 

Well if our team isn't that great after almost £10m being spent on it by him then he has absolutely no defence. 

Out before he wastes anymore money in January please. 

There today and it was a funny ole game. Two similar teams really. Spent big in the summer(they used theirs to sign first XI types) look comfortable in possession but let in some soft goals. You could feel for Dicko as he looked like a foot shorter Tammy up there on his own. 

I'm struggling here though as I thought our defenders played well as did Pack and Brownhill but we conceded 3(2 set pieces tbf). There is just a piece or two missing and I can't really put my mind as to what it is. Brownhill looked the real deal to me. The exact type of midfielder we needed in there. Nipped in, box to box, looked to get the ball forward and much more athletic. Stronger and bigger than Bobby in that role as well. 

Think what Wolves done really well is keep the pitch wide. We play so narrow. Joe plays a good 15 yards from the line when we are in possession. Freeman likes to come in. Reid isn't a winger. Makes it really difficult to get moving. 

Idk, again we were woeful for a large stretch but then looked really good for stretches. Some kind of mentality and toughness missing maybe. 

Also im not sure pen is called for handball of Flint doesn't react to it. It hit his hand, Flint sulked anticipating the whistle then the whistle came. It would've been interesting to see anyway. 

Anyway, I'm not sure this performance was one to call for the managers job. Something needs to happen though and soon. As for January, not going to help recruits come if we are sitting in 18th. 

LJ would not have been my choice as head coach when we got him but I have so wanted him to succeed. Barnsley and Oldham fans all came on this forum and predicted what would happen and worryingly so far they have been spot on. Im finding it really difficult to support the current leadership under LJ, I don't like the constant changing of both formation and personnel and really feel we have gone backwards this season under his coaching and ideas..

4 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Well if our team isn't that great after almost £10m being spent on it by him then he has absolutely no defence. 

Out before he wastes anymore money in January please. 

Well a lot of that money was spent on players who most of us presumed wouldn't be starting this season. We lost a 20 goal striker who we may have replaced with Abraham(who's still not as good), and have given Flint a partner who is even better. We have money to spend in January and I think LJ and the team will more than likely find suitable recruits. 

16 minutes ago, bs3 said:

I agree he won't be going any where. 

SL have fully backed Johnson, he is his man. 

Mark Ashton also claim he was one of the most respected and  best young managers in the country.

So the people who run and own the club have firmly nailed thier colours to the mast when it comes to Lee Johnson.

I was not happy about LJ getting the job, I didn't get the boards decision to give him the job, his CV at Barnsley and Oldham was not by any stretch of the imagination great.

However once he was given the job I was fully behind him but nearly 12 months on , we have not progressed even with the backing he got from the board.

Yet again Steve L management appointment is not working out. 

The big issue for me is the players we've signed. We've invested in young players , how many are able to compete at this level now? 

My biggest concern is we're fire fighting in January yet again. This club does not progress 

With our record at Wolves, would be a tad harsh to sack anyone for a defeat there. No the expecting much at Ipswich either, team on a slump and we visit two unlucky grounds. See what a January brings on and off the pitch, not time yet, but a few more defeats and sadly, SL may have little choice.

Was there today and they could have been 3 up in the first 25mins. We looked out of it completely but even at 1-1 and 2-1 we looked like we were gonna concede. We had good spells but again they were quicker and stronger but having said that everytine we we were physical we got penalised.

Wolves are a poor side but managed to put three past us. Again another game where referee decisions have ****** us and its getting really frustrating.

Hang on we've not heard his post-match interview yet... how do we know who is to blame, ref? Players?  An off side decision going against us??? 

If LJ was sacked today, his record as a manager would look pretty sketchy, one of a man who has a limited immediate impact but little beyond that.

Seriously? I'd sack him but don't think SL will. If he won't, then SL needs to get tough. Back him in the transfer market.... but only after getting rid of some, we don't need to end up with another bloated squad full of equally mediocre players. We already have loads kicking around doing nothing. 

4 minutes ago, M.D said:

LJ would not have been my choice as head coach when we got him but I have so wanted him to succeed. Barnsley and Oldham fans all came on this forum and predicted what would happen and worryingly so far they have been spot on. Im finding it really difficult to support the current leadership under LJ, I don't like the constant changing of both formation and personnel and really feel we have gone backwards this season under his coaching and ideas..

he constant changing of formation and personnel is because he has no clue what hes ******* doing, been bang average at every club hes managed .

36 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

We lost to a shocking side today. Too much tinkering, he'll get us relegated if we're not careful. Bryan league 1 standard, ditto Reid. Diabolical defensively in midfield. Disorganised rabble and the Manager carries the can imo.

Whom would you ideally wish to replace him??

3 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Okay, but based on what because I've not seen any evidence?

In fact three or four weeks back he was discussing signing players to loan them straight out. 

Well I think Magnusson, Moore and Lucic are all very astute signings from 3 different markets. I think the fact they were able to convince Tomlin and Tammy to come here and beat a fair handful of clubs to the signing of O'Dowda make me feel they're pretty good at what they're doing. They should've done more and probably got in another striker but hey ho. 

4 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Was there today and they could have been 3 up in the first 25mins. We looked out of it completely but even at 1-1 and 2-1 we looked like we were gonna concede. We had good spells but again they were quicker and stronger but having said that everytine we we were physical we got penalised.

Wolves are a poor side but managed to put three past us. Again another game where referee decisions have ****** us and its getting really frustrating.

Bit harsh on the ref IMO. He gave us the benefit the entire game almost. He did card us much more then he did them but I guarantee they had double the fouls. Though I sat there thinking to myself there's going to be a big call in this game and we've gotten a lot of little ones. Always knew they were going to get a big call. Was a pen I think though. As for the goal line scramble, thatll be interesting to see again

3 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Rowett? 

Those se players aren't bad... his just messed around and tinkered so much that they have no confidence or clue what they're doing. 

Expect Rowett will wait for a club who are ready made for a promotion push like Norwich as he'd have a good chance of getting it. Who'd be your second choice? As if you sack your manager and can't get a first choice replacement you may end up with someone less ideal than who you started with.

You get what you pay for, we should pay an awful lot for a manager with a proven track record. Of course, its alway a gamble to an extent but look at Chris Hughton at Brighton, proven track record and of course he doesn't come cheap but he has taken over from a relegation threatened outfit two years ago from Sami Hyypia  and built a team moving forward towards the premiership. Expensive but with a proven track record that knows what he is doing, thats what we need long term..

Archived