IGNORED

I would sack Johnson now

Numero Uno

3 hours ago, redsfan said:

You believe that if you want to.  I doubt I can change your mind.

But for the record, you're wrong!.  I was overjoyed when he left.  He was taking us nowhere fast with his constant tinkering. 

If only the players were as good at understanding his systems as he is at devising them eh?  Then they might have a chance at knowing what the hell is going on from one week to the next.

Of course you were, its the usual bitterness and twisted way that surrounds fans when a manager/player leaves for another club.

Surprised you haven't said 'I would've drove him to Bristol myself'

17 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Surprised you haven't said 'I would've drove him to Bristol myself'

I would have drove him to Bristol myself.  There you go.

Why are you finding it hard to understand that I was happy when he left?.  No agenda, no bitterness, I was just happy when he left.  It can't be that hard to understand - it is clearly the same feeling that a number of users on this board would have if he left BCFC tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, redsfan said:

I would have drove him to Bristol myself.  There you go.

Why are you finding it hard to understand that I was happy when he left?.  No agenda, no bitterness, I was just happy when he left.  It can't be that hard to understand - it is clearly the same feeling that a number of users on this board would have if he left BCFC tomorrow.

Are all Northeners as bitter as you towards their ex managers.?

9 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Well there's no denying we're in a better state under him than Cotterill. 

Not so sure, under Cotterill I think we were a better team. I believe that is the crux of the matter at the moment, LJ needs to instill some team spirit, and that is how a good manager is judged, no good having the best on paper if they don't all pull together, Leicester was the living proof of that last season. 

4 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Not so sure, under Cotterill I think we were a better team. I believe that is the crux of the matter at the moment, LJ needs to instill some team spirit, and that is how a good manager is judged, no good having the best on paper if they don't all pull together, Leicester was the living proof of that last season. 

Comparatively we were not, I don't know you worked that one out but we were being battered every other week... 2 wins in 28 competitive matches, most goals conceded an what was it a -20+ GD

Or are you saying that LJ is a superior HC/manager (whatever)?

5 minutes ago, redsfan said:

Yes, we are a fair bunch - most of us are just like me, not bitter at all, thanks.

Doesn't even make sense. 

Why are you even on here if not to gloat? Bore off and go and bask yourself in the glory of your absolutely massive 7 point lead over us (which, as we've been so $hite and have such an awful manager must be a bit of a worry to you only being 7 points above us surely) 

That literally doesn't even make sense. I'm not an advocate of sacking Johnson but I'm not happy with current form so what are these glasses of which you speak? 

Our fans need to get it into their natch-addled heads that we are a SMALL club in this league.

The foundations need to be laid before you can build a palace. You don't all of a sudden go from certain relegation fodder to walking the league. 

It took us to February last season to get the number of points we achieved by November this year. That's genuine, measurable progress. 

Our fans need to be a little more realistic with their expectations of what 'progress' actually means. 

Finally some sense at last, well said!!! 

14 minutes ago, lenred said:

Doesn't even make sense. 

Why are you even on here if not to gloat? Bore off and go and bask yourself in the glory of your absolutely massive 7 point lead over us (which, as we've been so $hite and have such an awful manager must be a bit of a worry to you only being 7 points above us surely) 

Which bit doesn't make sense?  I thought it was pretty clear myself.  The guy was trying to suggest that I am bitter, even though I've tried to make it clear that I am not, and I was suggesting that we are mostly all of the same opinion - not bitter but just glad he's not our manager any more.

Why am I on here - I dunno really, I joined the board to pass on a few comments at the time that LJ joined, and have looked in occasionally since because it is a pretty good board as football forums go - fast, no adverts, pretty busy - qudos to the guys that run it - there are some god awful forums out there but yours is one of the best.  I sometimes like to converse with fans of other clubs.  Is that such a problem to you?  I haven't been nasty and I haven't been on a wind up merchant mission. 

Not sure where you think I am basking in our absolutely massive 7 point lead.  You are pretty touchy aren't you?

No its not a worry at all that we are only 7 points ahead of you - I don't really care to be honest.  I am happy with how things are going for us, but will only feel comfortable when we pass the 50 point line.  I just want us to consolidate this season - no silly ideas above our station.  First season back and  all that.  Whether you finish above or below us is of no real concern.

16 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Comparatively we were not, I don't know you worked that one out but we were being battered every other week... 2 wins in 28 competitive matches, most goals conceded an what was it a -20+ GD

Or are you saying that LJ is a superior HC/manager (whatever)?

The promotion season was awesome, that will be one of the highlights of the many years I have supported City. But football is a fickle thing, such a fine line, if I / we all knew how to 'bottle' that well!! But one thing for sure is, you need team spirit,(Every time I type that I get Nirvana ...what a belter that was)

10 minutes ago, redsfan said:

Which bit doesn't make sense?  I thought it was pretty clear myself.  The guy was trying to suggest that I am bitter, even though I've tried to make it clear that I am not, and I was suggesting that we are mostly all of the same opinion - not bitter but just glad he's not our manager any more.

Why am I on here - I dunno really, I joined the board to pass on a few comments at the time that LJ joined, and have looked in occasionally since because it is a pretty good board as football forums go - fast, no adverts, pretty busy - qudos to the guys that run it - there are some god awful forums out there but yours is one of the best.  I sometimes like to converse with fans of other clubs.  Is that such a problem to you?  I haven't been nasty and I haven't been on a wind up merchant mission. 

Not sure where you think I am basking in our absolutely massive 7 point lead.  You are pretty touchy aren't you?

No its not a worry at all that we are only 7 points ahead of you - I don't really care to be honest.  I am happy with how things are going for us, but will only feel comfortable when we pass the 50 point line.  I just want us to consolidate this season - no silly ideas above our station.  First season back and  all that.  Whether you finish above or below us is of no real concern.

The question posed to you was whether all northerners are as bitter as you towards their ex managers and you answered yes, then went on to say you weren't. That was the bit that didn't make sense. 

And no, I'm not touchy at all -  I just don't get why you're spending time on a team's forum that has no relevance to you or your team currently or your interest in a managers fate that you claim to have no interest in. 

That literally doesn't even make sense. I'm not an advocate of sacking Johnson but I'm not happy with current form so what are these glasses of which you speak? 

Our fans need to get it into their natch-addled heads that we are a SMALL club in this league.

The foundations need to be laid before you can build a palace. You don't all of a sudden go from certain relegation fodder to walking the league. 

It took us to February last season to get the number of points we achieved by November this year. That's genuine, measurable progress. 

Our fans need to be a little more realistic with their expectations of what 'progress' actually means. 

I think we are realistic, I have been realistic about this club ever since we nose dived from Div 1 to Div 4, that Sunday we got beat by the Cobblers 6-0 to go bottom of league 4, I was realistic, that at least the only way is up from here. Little bit fed up of having it said we are a small club, substitute small , for mismanaged , under whelming and lacking ambitions. We are a big city with a great stadium, and a wealthy owner, we need to kick on...NOW, not hide behind such comments as yours, a ready made excuse, pretty much convinced some supporters are actually frightened of success. 

1 hour ago, Brizzy said:

Really ? Under SC we won league 1 at a canter, under LJ we are going back down there with barely a whimper.

Please don't tell me you're comparing what Cotterill did in L1 with what Johnson is doing in the Championship :facepalm:

Obviously the comparison needs to be in the same league. And as I've pointed out, we had more points in November this year than February last year. 

47 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

See above. More points in Nov under LJ than Cotts in Feb - same league. That's clearly better. 

Lots of work to do and I'm as concerned as anyone about the recent blip but there's some massive knee jerk-ism going on. I do wonder if it were a Pearson instead of a Johnson no one would be talking about sackings. Some I feel would be happier with him out even if we were in the playoffs!

Johnson's win rate is as good with us as Rowett's with Birmingham or Wagner's at Hudds. 

We've lost one game all season by more than one goal. Such close margins. Competitive in almost every game vs frequent batterings under Cotts. 

I think we're probably 3 or 4 quality, experienced additions away from being able to turn those small margins in our favour. 

It'll be interesting to see what Jan brings at least. 

49 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

See above. More points in Nov under LJ than Cotts in Feb - same league. That's clearly better. 

Cotts was sacked on Jan 9th.

A more factually correct statement is after spending millions in the summer LJ is 6 points better off from the same number of games. 

LJ won't be sacked and so the time to judge will be the end of the season. 

56 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We are and have close to always been total shit. This club is nothing but a total joke.

Blimey mate - this is a bit harsh.

I struggle to remember a positive comment from you on anything about our club or English football.

Please lighten up!!  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

Cotts was sacked on Jan 9th.

A more factually correct statement is after spending millions in the summer LJ is 6 points better off from the same number of games. 

LJ won't be sacked and so the time to judge will be the end of the season. 

My mistake, it was Jan. I was going off of LJs first game in Feb but forgot about the caretaker period. 

Definitely wasn't the 9th Jan though as he was in charge when Preston beat us on the 12th. 

I still think we're a better side under Johnson though. We'd have had several hidings already this season under Cotts with his system.

For the record I genuinely am not a rose tinted 'Johnson lover', as it were, I just hate the short termism that comes with modern football. I've seen enough managers and players come and go to learn not to get attached to any of them!

This club just desperately needs some stability if it's to genuinely kick on. 

14 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

No not experts, but it's called having an opinion, why on Earth are you embarrassed, is it that we are such a underachieving club that embarrasses you? If not, it 'flippin well should do. 

I am of the opinion that I will support the team . At the moment I am embarrassed to be a supporter

Archived