IGNORED

hearing lots of rumours he will be gone today?

Andy082005

6 minutes ago, BlokeCDP said:

I know, happens everywhere doesn't it?

Long time no speak Mr Anderson. Hope you're well.

Two leagues games then. Issue I see then is....whoever comes in....has to work with the players we've got. There's no scope for change. We'll soon see if it's the players, or the gaffer who's responsible for the results....

Sacking the manager AFTER the transfer window shuts....not sure that's a good thing...

The reality is that new players brought in are actually not 'Johnson's' players as such. They're Ashton's. Of course LJ signs off on them, but he is not the one finding the likes of Engvall, Hegeler etc. That's the scouts and Ashton. 

The way the club is doing things at the moment is that we will continue to invest in players that Ashton and his team see will enchance the squad, regardless of manager.

Any new man coming in, should LJ be sacked, will have to be willing to work under this system. Which will rule out some of your more high profile options such as a Pardew or Pearson.

56 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

There is certainly whispers of it today at the ground from what I have heard. But always take these things with a pinch of salt, SL really needs to make a statement either way.

I agree with you Olly even if SL gives LJ the vote of confidence ,  you can't lose 11 in 12 games including 8 on the trot and just stay quiet.  

18 minutes ago, BlokeCDP said:

Two leagues games then. Issue I see then is....whoever comes in....has to work with the players we've got. There's no scope for change. We'll soon see if it's the players, or the gaffer who's responsible for the results....

Sacking the manager AFTER the transfer window shuts....not sure that's a good thing...

It was ok last season as the loan system was different. This season the only thing you can do between transfer windows is pick up "free agents". It's what Colin did at Cardiff, Junior Hoylett being a shining example.

So not impossible but a pretty small pool to pick from if a new manager feels that he needs someone else. A job and a half for Mark Ashton...

Just now, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Like a lamb to the slaughter next Tuesday if not.

AG may end up very hostile for LJ much like the second half v Leicester in McInnes final hours at the club. 

We'll get a win against Rotherham - Johnson will be proclaimed the next Guardiola, and he'll get a stay of execution.  I can see it already.  We'll then go on another horrendous run (February) - the calls for him to go will get louder, he'll fluke out a win against Burton (Early March), and repeat.  We'll drop into the relegation zone at some point in late March/April.  Then the club will panic and fire him.  But the damage will be done.  Thats what I see happening. 

2 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

We'll get a win against Rotherham - Johnson will be proclaimed the next Guardiola, and he'll get a stay of execution.  I can see it already.  We'll then go on another horrendous run (February) - the calls for him to go will get louder, he'll fluke out a win against Burton (Early March), and repeat.  We'll drop into the relegation zone at some point in late March/April.  Then the club will panic and fire him.  But the damage will be done.  Thats what I see happening. 

Can you give me the Lottery numbers please?

16 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Would have expected it to happen yesterday if it was going to happen. Unless it happens within the next couple of hours I'll say it's very unlikely to happen.

Expect the board would be together today. Either way sack or back the club needs to come out with something. Has anyone tweeted Adam Baker?

9 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Possible but I really hope that you are wrong and the club will make a decision far sooner than that. 

If this what happens then it's League 1 for us next season.

12 minutes ago, BlokeCDP said:

I am well despite the strange goings on at our beloved, beleagured club.

I think the squad size has led to a lot of the uncertainty - I accept that an experienced manager would be able to cope, but, you can't learn to cope with something until you have that experience.

I think we bought too many too soon and we are paying the price for trying to keep a large group happy and personally would only be keen to see furtehr improvement if, like the ROD situation, at least one in the same position departs.

10 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

The reality is that new players brought in are actually not 'Johnson's' players as such. They're Ashton's. Of course LJ signs off on them, but he is not the one finding the likes of Engvall, Hegeler etc. That's the scouts and Ashton. 

The way the club is doing things at the moment is that we will continue to invest in players that Ashton and his team see will enchance the squad, regardless of manager.

Any new man coming in, should LJ be sacked, will have to be willing to work under this system. Which will rule out some of your more high profile options such as a Pardew or Pearson.

LJ goes off and watches them - one of our overseas signings mentioned this, LJ watching him a numver of times - he has the final yes or no.

12 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm not so sure on the first part.  I wonder if they'd have wanted to have a day to reflect and think it over. Definitely agree that, if it's going to happen, it'll be this afternoon though...

Gary Johnson was sacked on a Thursday following a midweek game at Plymouth after rumours of a bust up in the changing room.

Keith Millen was sacked on a Monday following a 5 nil defeat against Blackpool.

Delboy was sacked immediately after a 4 nil loss to Leicester.

SOD was sacked on a Thursday following a draw with Orient.

Cotts was sacked also on a Thursday following a midweek game against Preston where he argued with fans.

It does appear that we like to sack managers on a Thursday following a Tuesday game.

Just now, Jack Dawe said:

LJ goes off and watches them - one of our overseas signings mentioned this, LJ watching him a numver of times - he has the final yes or no.

Of course. But it is my understanding that the club, or transfer team if you like, would continue to make signings that fit the criteria, even if we are considering sacking LJ or are managerless?

7 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

You are very kind. His days should be numbered. 

Thanks I am kind and in the right, albeit, very dim light - kinda sweet looking. 

They are numbered - I make it about 13 if no win - hard to believe he can get to 20 in that scenario unless SL really fanices a local derby?!

10 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Sadly, I think you might be right.

Archived