IGNORED

hearing lots of rumours he will be gone today?

Andy082005

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

And now for those of us who remember the real Mac (with Peter Green) "oh well, he had become an albatross around our necks".

Now, when I talk to God (Steve) I knew he'd understand

He said, "stick by me and I'll be your guiding hand"

But don't ask what I think of you

I might not give the answer that you want me to.

Just now, Monkeh said:

i doubt he'll be gone until after rotherham to be honest,

Just lost the will to live with city at the moment I'm so disappointed at the moment :(

And the longer he's here, the lower we fall and the tougher it will be to get anyone decent in. :grr: 

Right now we are a challenge, but not a basket case!

If he doesn't go today, then I am afraid we are in for the long haul. I really expected it to happen yesterday with the coaching staff given the job to take training today. I love this club and I know we have the players here to climb the league, it just needs someone to mould them and give them the right leadership. If it does happen then I would not be surprised if Kenny  Jackett's name came into the frame, experienced and he knows Steve Lansdown well.

10 minutes ago, John Galley said:

If he doesn't go today, then I am afraid we are in for the long haul. I really expected it to happen yesterday with the coaching staff given the job to take training today. I love this club and I know we have the players here to climb the league, it just needs someone to mould them and give them the right leadership. If it does happen then I would not be surprised if Kenny  Jackett's name came into the frame, experienced and he knows Steve Lansdown well.

Kenny Jackett knows Steve Lansdown well? News to me...

Based on SL's record of appointing people known to him, I can only hope that they have had a very constructive chat over the weekend.

9 minutes ago, John Galley said:

Have you ever been in their company?

I am afraid I am not in a position to divulge. Likewise I am not suggesting that LJ should have s case for constructive dismissal. 

However discussions with an experienced football professional at management level would not be a bad idea.

37 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

i doubt he'll be gone until after rotherham to be honest,

Just lost the will to live with city at the moment I'm so disappointed at the moment :(

Absolutely Monk.

SL has it in his power to lift the despondency enveloping thousands of Bristolians today.

Let's hope he chooses to do so. :fingerscrossed:

Just now, Up The City! said:

Would have expected it to happen yesterday if it was going to happen. Unless it happens within the next couple of hours I'll say it's very unlikely to happen.

I'm not so sure on the first part.  I wonder if they'd have wanted to have a day to reflect and think it over. Definitely agree that, if it's going to happen, it'll be this afternoon though...

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

How many more times will someone try this gag, when the word 'rumour' appears on this sight?!!

I know, happens everywhere doesn't it?

5 minutes ago, Neo said:

I am backing him for now - he should have until end of Rotherham game and if no points there then I will completely accept he has to go :shutup:

Long time no speak Mr Anderson. Hope you're well.

Two leagues games then. Issue I see then is....whoever comes in....has to work with the players we've got. There's no scope for change. We'll soon see if it's the players, or the gaffer who's responsible for the results....

Sacking the manager AFTER the transfer window shuts....not sure that's a good thing...

57 minutes ago, nimrod said:

I can't seem to find it, but some online bookmakers used to give odds on next manager to be sacked? Could be a good reference if someone can find it!

I was also having a look on Saturday,,,but The Sack Race and oddschecker proved fruitless. You can still get 8/1 on us being relegated if your'e quick though

7 minutes ago, Neo said:

I am backing him for now - he should have until end of Rotherham game and if no points there then I will completely accept he has to go :shutup:

I'm all for backing a manager... But surely this is pure blind faith now isn't it? He has proven he CAN'T do the job, what on earth makes you think giving him more games will make him prove us all wrong? It'll just shorten the amount of games we have to try and get us out of this mess! 

Gutted it hasn't worked out, but we can't keep holding on to hope... We need to act now, and give our team a much needed lift, and give our club a fighting chance of staying in this league we so badly need. League 1 with our plush new stadium will not be a good look... 

Archived