IGNORED

hearing lots of rumours he will be gone today?

Andy082005

7 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Gary Johnson was sacked on a Thursday following a midweek game at Plymouth after rumours of a bust up in the changing room.

Keith Millen was sacked on a Monday following a 5 nil defeat against Blackpool.

Delboy was sacked immediately after a 4 nil loss to Leicester.

SOD was sacked on a Thursday following a draw with Orient.

Cotts was sacked also on a Thursday following a midweek game against Preston where he argued with fans.

It does appear that we like to sack managers on a Thursday following a Tuesday game.

No!!! , don't make me watch two more games!!!

10 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Gary Johnson was sacked on a Thursday following a midweek game at Plymouth after rumours of a bust up in the changing room.

Keith Millen was sacked on a Monday following a 5 nil defeat against Blackpool.

Delboy was sacked immediately after a 4 nil loss to Leicester.

SOD was sacked on a Thursday following a draw with Orient.

Cotts was sacked also on a Thursday following a midweek game against Preston where he argued with fans.

It does appear that we like to sack managers on a Thursday following a Tuesday game.

Too late if it's next Thursday, having played Wednesday on Tuesday. Plus the board may just be confused which day of the week it is after all of that!

20 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

The reality is that new players brought in are actually not 'Johnson's' players as such. They're Ashton's. Of course LJ signs off on them, but he is not the one finding the likes of Engvall, Hegeler etc. That's the scouts and Ashton. 

The way the club is doing things at the moment is that we will continue to invest in players that Ashton and his team see will enchance the squad, regardless of manager.

Any new man coming in, should LJ be sacked, will have to be willing to work under this system. Which will rule out some of your more high profile options such as a Pardew or Pearson.

I was about to give you a 'like' for this post Alessandro, until I read the last line which I do not think is correct.

Both Pardew and Pearson must have worked at clubs that have had DoF's or Heads of Recruitment. In fact I know Palace had a Head of Recruitment whilst Pardew was there. So long as they had the final say on signings, neither would be put off the job by the presence of Ashton. Not that I'd have Pearson here personally.

4 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Too late if it's next Thursday, having played Wednesday on Tuesday. Plus the board may just be confused which day of the week it is after all of that!

can you play Wednesday on a Tuesday do you need a time machine

14 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I think he'll get until after the Rotherham match

And ROD will have a total blinder and keep a clean sheet. Classic City.

FWIW, I'm astounded by the silence from the board and SL. I would have thought they'd have at least given a vote of confidence via a statement by now. Which leaves me to the only other option ie LJ is going to get the boot and they are currently looking at at replacement or are in talks with said replacement so it'll be a sack and present the new guy immediately job. 

Can't see it being Moyes as we'd need permission from Sunny so I reckon it's Rowett or another unemployed manager. My money would be on Rowett though.

Just now, Septic Peg said:

And ROD will have a total blinder and keep and clean sheet. Classic City.

FWIW, I'm astounded by the silence from the board and SL. I would have thought they'd have at least given a vote of confidence via a statement by now. Which leaves me to the only other option ie LJ is going to get the boot and they are currently looking at at replacement or are in talks with said replacement so it'll be a sack and present the new guy immediately job. 

Can't see it being Moyes as we'd need permission from Sunny so I reckon it's Rowett or another unemployed manager. My money would be on Rowett though.

I'm clutching at this straw and logic above.

17 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I think that in the utterly unbelievable event that LJ turns things around, too many people have been alienated, and the atmosphere is too toxic for him to ever be here long term.

Most of the toxicity has come from this site as far as I can see.  Are you saying that he has to go even if he wins the next eight on the trot?  Funny how a bad run always seems to trump a good run in terms of a manager's reputation...

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I was about to give you a 'like' for this post Alessandro, until I read the last line which I do not think is correct.

Both Pardew and Pearson must have worked at clubs that have had DoF's or Heads of Recruitment. In fact I know Palace had a Head of Recruitment whilst Pardew was there. So long as they had the final say on signings, neither would be put off the job by the presence of Ashton. Not that I'd have Pearson here personally.

Quite right. As long as they had the final say, I'd imagine a lot of managers/head coaches would love to have someone doing the donkey work with regards to transfers.

4 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Apart from Barnsley right? They stood by him after losing 8 on the bounce. But looking down the league they must have gone bust because I can't... you what? THEY'RE 8TH? IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP?!

It's quite incredible that LJ has managed to lose 8 league games in a row at two clubs in little over a year.

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well I'll give you a like, because that's fair enough about Pardew.

Pearson, I still stand by my opinion is he'd want more control.

But I also wonder if a 'higher profile' like Pardew came in, it would be on condition of spending money on a list of players he may have in mind, and my feeling is those players may not be the type we are currently signing, I.e looking to add value.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Official site says development team game has been postponed. But gives no reason why. 

Am I the only one clutching at straws hoping it's because McAllister is required for training?

Aside from the fact it does say why. Conspiracy theory dismissed.

"due to Swansea’s progression in the Checkatrade Trophy, the tie has been postponed."

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Official site says development team game has been postponed. But gives no reason why. 

Am I the only one clutching at straws hoping it's because McAllister is required for training?

says because of Swan's progression in the checkatrade trophy the game's off

Just now, View from the Dolman said:

Aside from the fact it does say why. Conspiracy theory dismissed.

"due to Swansea’s progression in the Checkatrade Trophy, the tie has been postponed."

Just now, petehinton said:

says because of Swan's progression in the checkatrade trophy the game's off

Ahhhhh. In my conspiracy led excitement it seems I lost the ability to read. As you were...

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

because of Swansea progression in the Checkatrade Trophy.

Soz to pour cold water on you hunch !!!

Archived