IGNORED

hearing lots of rumours he will be gone today?

Andy082005

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Official site says development team game has been postponed. But gives no reason why. 

Am I the only one clutching at straws hoping it's because McAllister is required for training?

Sure it said "Due to swanseas progression in the checkatrade trophy the games been postponed "

take it you didn't read it the  ha ha 

42 minutes ago, BlokeCDP said:

I was under the impression that he gives a list of targets he'd like to sign and MA and co sort out transfer fees and contracts....

And obviously, you need a head coach, not a manager....pass.

The opposite I think.

A list of potential targets for every position is compiled by a backroom team and the scouts, probably in conjunction MA.

When a position needs filling this list is whittled down and it is then that LJ has a final say of yes or no.

At Barnsley I'm sure their fans said incoming transfers were the responsibility of a transfer committee and LJ had very little to do with it.

As I understand it, he's basically been employed as a coach to get the best out of the players at his disposal, to flag up positions he feels need strengthening, and then have the final say on individuals brought to his attention. 

6 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Well I'll give you a like, because that's fair enough about Pardew.

Pearson, I still stand by my opinion is he'd want more control.

But I also wonder if a 'higher profile' like Pardew came in, it would be on condition of spending money on a list of players he may have in mind, and my feeling is those players may not be the type we are currently signing, I.e looking to add value.

Well, if were ever going to see this club drag itself up a level, it'll need to step up off the pitch as well as on it. Dealing with the demands of "strong personalities" will be the new norm. At the moment it seems the board can only deal with completely compliant characters. New manager/head coach required and some new blood and fresh perspective on the board I think. Does anyone ever really challenge SL? A good Non Exec could be useful.

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The opposite I think.

A list of potential targets for every position is compiled by a backroom team and the scouts, probably in conjunction MA.

When a position needs filling this list is whittled down and it is then that LJ has a final say of yes or no.

At Barnsley I'm sure their fans said incoming transfers were the responsibility of a transfer committee and LJ had very little to do with it.

As I understand it, he's basically been employed as a coach to get the best out of the players at his disposal, to flag up positions he feels need strengthening, and then have the final say on individuals brought to his attention. 

So either he's not a very good coach, or the backroom team aren't doing a very good job.

22 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Most of the toxicity has come from this site as far as I can see.  Are you saying that he has to go even if he wins the next eight on the trot?  Funny how a bad run always seems to trump a good run in terms of a manager's reputation...

I would have thought there is a pretty good chance that the views of those on the forum might reflect the range of opinions of supporters.

Archived