IGNORED

We are doing better than this time 12 months ago. Fact!

Jack Dawe

There is a lot of short sighted people on here who clearly want instant success, but that's the problem with modern football but that's another discussion. 

This money has been more of a future investment rather than a here and now investment. The type of signings show that.

I think it would be more fair to revisit this in a year or two.

This football club has made tremendous progress this last year off the field. If you look at the points tallys ok there is a marginal improvement but I'm convinced the changes and investments we have made will see us better off in the long term. 

8 hours ago, Gas Go Marching In! said:

What about the £15mil you recovered on Kodjia?

Forum rule.

Ignore the Kodjia sale if it gets in the way of proving a point about LJ's poor performance and justifying his being sacked.

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

:clapping:Are you still here? Keep on going mate.

I'm glad I give you constant amusesment, very flattered indeed! You know, it matters so much what you think of me, so thanks for that.

FWIW - I love going fishing for you. Such an easy target! 

Fishing ?

You think you have the intellect ?

:laughcont:

After A levels yeah ;)

34 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Fishing ?

You think you have the intellect ?

:laughcont:

After A levels yeah ;)

Oh he's back for more! Little fish won't learn. Hook line and sinker again.

6 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

My fact is , the poster GJS who claims he is more knowledgable than the majority in the forum

is IMO.    a Cock

:thumbsup:

Calls someone who comes on the forum saying he is more intelligent than you a 'cock' and goes around suggesting other people are more stupid than him. Oh the irony.

Stupid is as stupid does.

10 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

A year ago, we had just drawn 0:0 at home to Birmingham.

We were third bottom, 29  GD -23  Pts 25

Today, we sit in 20th,   29  GD -3   Pts 31.

Progress! An improvement there for all to see. You can't argue with the facts folks! Although there's always the option of twisting the stats to fit your world view, which we can all do.

Following that Birmingham game, we went on a great little run, winning four in our next five beating Charlton, Ipswich, MK Dons and Forest. So, shall we revisit this thread in four or five games time? 

I approve of this post :)

10 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

A year ago, we had just drawn 0:0 at home to Birmingham.

We were third bottom, 29  GD -23  Pts 25

Today, we sit in 20th,   29  GD -3   Pts 31.

Progress! An improvement there for all to see. You can't argue with the facts folks! Although there's always the option of twisting the stats to fit your world view, which we can all do.

Following that Birmingham game, we went on a great little run, winning four in our next five beating Charlton, Ipswich, MK Dons and Forest. So, shall we revisit this thread in four or five games time? 

That game Saturday was the worst I've seen since O'driscoll was in charge, it could have easily been a League 1/2 game! 

We don't have a fit decent full back at the club, yet we let Ayling go for nothing in the scheme of things to a Championship club. 

We've spent money for the future and the foundation of the club without working on our current predicament of getting results on the pitch! 

We don't have a keeper at the fourth time of trying..

What progress do you see? 

4 hours ago, Alessandro said:

So tell me this clever boy, if you add an extra 600k to £10m is that total still closer to £10m or £16m? Which was the point of my original post.

What your subsequent comments about LJ have to do with anything are beyond me. I cannot understand why this comment above is needed?? Very petty my friend.

Have I upset you Bobby? Sorry if I have, you seem tetchy. 

Reading this thread and seeing others correct your original fees, it seems that your original £10 million is now up around the £13 million mark!!

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Reading this thread and seeing others correct your original fees, it seems that your original £10 million is now up around the £13 million mark!!

Well it depends if you count initial fees or 'rising to' and there is a certain amount of guess work with two undisclosed fees...either way not quite £16m banded around yet! ;)

Well let's see where we are at the end of February compared to last season. On Feb 27th 2016, we had 37 points from 34 games & we were in 19th place. 

My prediction at 34 games this season is that we will have no more points and be lower in the league than last season. That hardly suggests progress however you cut it.

2 hours ago, Superjack said:

We're not playing better than we were twelve months ago.

Quite the reverse.

At the end of last season we picked up 27 points in the last 17 games. I would be delighted if we did the same this season but all the evidence suggests we will be lucky to pick up 17 points in the next 17 games. And that just may not be enough to keep us up.

If we do return to League 1, will all those supporting LJ admit that the experiment of appointing him has failed spectacularly? Would they even accept that a worse position and points tally even if we stay up is evidence that he is not the long-term solution as manager / head coach? Or is the retention of LJ more important than the success and well-being of the club?

And please don't give us the answer about how things are so much better behind the scenes, with the academy, the stability of not appointing a new manager, etc, etc. That's like ploughing on with an operation and then saying it was a "technical success" in that it all looked OK initially, but unfortunately when you look at the long-term outcome, the patient can't actually walk any more. That's not the kind of "success" anyone would want!

12 hours ago, Up The City! said:

So what your saying is what we have done is sell one player and purchased a whole team? Sounds excellent piece of business to me.

Not if the 'whole team' bought aren't as good as the one before.

The credit for anything Kodjia related has to go to SC, he signed him and nurtured him into English football. LJ came along and told us he was still not good enough and had the football brain of a 17 year old.

Then sold him for 15 million!

True facts or false facts; LJ is likely here till the season's end now, regardless how you might feel about it.

Staying in this league is all that matters, so I hope things turn around and we pick up the points to do that.

Better or worse than last year; doesn't matter too much.  Just need the rest of the season to go better than the last patch.

Relegation so soon after the ground renovations have finished would be calamitous, so just need to hang on in there.

Archived