IGNORED

Tammy car accident

MC RISK77

33 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

More of a hectare I think. Cotts in one corner, LJ in another, Engvall filling up the water butts. 

I like fresh runner beans SL. Make sure they are planting these. 

Heard that Cotts wanted the potatoes planted in 532 formation, but LJ dug them up, re-planted in 4231, then dug them up again and replanted again in 442.

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Are they? 

My understanding is that they're the same. 

I know that you can be disqualified which is subtly different from disqualified until test passed. And I think it's about the amount of time you're banned for. 

If I remember correctly disqualified for over 8 weeks and you have to apply for a new license; I.e a new provisional. For under 8 weeks and you can continue on your old one. 

Either way, I'm not sure if Tammy was banned or not.... I could find out, but it'd probably cost me in excess of £684,000, so I'll probably not bother!

Could get two strikers off the Gas for that!

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Heard that Cotts wanted the potatoes planted in 532 formation, but LJ dug them up, re-planted in 4231, then dug them up again and replanted again in 442.

McIness wanted 811 but LJ eventually persuaded them all 352 at which point SC threw himself into the sea!!! That's what I heard anyway

55 minutes ago, Big C said:

as this happened after the Burnley  haven't we played two games since then with both Tammy and LJ in attendance. Wouldn't LJ be put on gardening leave immediately? Or do people think it's only because OTIB has got wind of it?

Possibly because SL has only recently become aware of the full facts. If, initially, it was "Tammy's been naughty and had a crash", so not too much of a problem.  Then drip, drip, other facts begin to emerge and it is a big problem. 

4 minutes ago, cynic said:

I think there may be a little more to come from the Tammy crash story, but I'm more intrigued with the no show from LJ for the press conferences/interviews (although he did do the post Rotherham interview).

With Pembo and Holden doing the press conferences and Player interviews it does raise a few eyebrows. Pembo did say in the last one that all the staff and players are supporting the "gaffer" but it may have been prudent to explain why they were doing the press conferences/interviews and not LJ.

Putting aside what Pembo said about the support, it would normally suggest that the manager is not in the frame any longer.

Dean Holden did the pre-match for the Brentford game in December, Pembo did the pre-match for Norwich in August and Leeds in September. It's not completely out of the ordinary.

2 minutes ago, cynic said:

As I understand it, the difference is that disqualification goes through the courts.

Revoking a licence is a decision made by the DVLA - like newbie drivers getting 6 points in first two years. They can simply retake the test (or part of it) and carry on - it will take time and cost, but they are not disqualified for a period of time set down by the courts.

I'm no lawyer, but thats how I understand it - stand to be corrected.

That makes some sense. But it's far from my strong point... although I got 75% in road traffic in the last exam I took! I much prefer crime. 

This is crazy.

I'm not one to quash speculation, as half the time that is what this place is for, but there are some seriously epic leaps of logic and presumption going on here.

If he's been caught driving while disqualified/with no licence (not bothered over splitting hairs in that from where I am), Tammy has been a fool, and should take any fine/other punishment coming his way, and at least learn early that no matter how wealthy or talented you might be, you step out of line, you take your knocks.

As for the rest; I'll believe all this rabid speculation when I see it - but i seriously struggle to see this doing for LJ; as others have pointed out, his Dad oversaw the nonsense with Brooker, Orr and Partridge; unless directly implicated, he's not responsible for another adult man committing a traffic offence.

Yes, Chelsea might be pissed, and maybe Tammy will go home, but ce la vie - he's not covered himself in glory here.

Most likely it'll all blow over; he'll take his punishment, and this'll be an unfortunate footnote on a poor season.

35 minutes ago, Stortz said:

So, as it stands there is not a shred of genuine proof that the various conspiracy theories are true, but many people are taking myriad imaginary scenarios as fact and, of course, blaming Lee Johnson.

Peak otib.

All I will say is one of if not the most consistently correct people on this forum, has said very little about this other confirming certain rumours and adding something (after confirming one poster as being pretty much spot on in all respects) along the lines of 'correct apart from the identity of the person who gave him the keys'.

4 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I have tried reading this thread, but I really cannot understand a thing.

Could someone try and summarise without making it into Gardeners weekly ?

If you just want to stick to the facts; then Tammy has got some points coming his way & a probable ban. 

If you want it a little racier, add in that the ban won't bother him cos he'll just keep driving anyway, it was Adam Matthew's car & LJ encouraged him to drive. 

4 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Tammy

Drives Car

Crashes

OTIB speculation about LJ's future

In his regular Saturday column, footballer Craig tells fans that now is the time to prune Hydrangeas if you want them to flower this year. and  in the next few weeks you should also consider mulching your roses for good flowers this season.

Sorry just realised that's Gardner's Weekly!

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

If you just want to stick to the facts; then Tammy has got some points coming his way & a probable ban. 

If you want it a little racier, add in that the ban won't bother him cos he'll just keep driving anyway, it was Adam Matthew's car & LJ encouraged him to drive. 

More points that we are likely to get this week.

16 minutes ago, cynic said:

I think there may be a little more to come from the Tammy crash story, but I'm more intrigued with the no show from LJ for the press conferences/interviews (although he did do the post Rotherham interview).

With Pembo and Holden doing the press conferences and Player interviews it does raise a few eyebrows. Pembo did say in the last one that all the staff and players are supporting the "gaffer" but it may have been prudent to explain why they were doing the press conferences/interviews and not LJ.

Putting aside what Pembo said about the support, it would normally suggest that the manager is not in the frame any longer.

Could also be that he doesn't want to answer questions regarding this incident, you know journalists will be asking those very questions.

I'm sure if LJ has been suspended you would've heard it by now via the press, plenty made public about previous managers at other clubs being placed on 'gardening leave'

15 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Short version. Tammys been a naughty boy (allegedly) some others at the club may have been aware of this (allegedly) ;) 

8 hours ago, 8MenWith1Dream said:

Oh right, I didn't realise mate I honestly apologise.

I always read that forum (despite the f*cking adverts) but didn't realise you wanted to be kept quiet.

You're a good poster on there, always give a good and balanced perspective of things and chip in with the occasional bit of inside information that you may get. 

Scarily similar usernames we share as well ;)

No apology required fella. Thanks all the same. :thumbsup:

If you register, the ads disappear. Come and join, it's a good forum.

8 hours ago, 8menhadadream said:

No. it's what I posted on a forum that wasn't OTIB where I trust the posters not to break a confidence. I was asking the same question.Thanks for that.

There is no way I claim to be 'in the know' about anything, hence the QUESTION.

No points scoring / bitching going on at all as I don't do that, just asking a simple question if anyone else had heard the same.

8 hours ago, 8MenWith1Dream said:

Oh right, I didn't realise mate I honestly apologise.

I always read that forum (despite the f*cking adverts) but didn't realise you wanted to be kept quiet.

You're a good poster on there, always give a good and balanced perspective of things and chip in with the occasional bit of inside information that you may get. 

Scarily similar usernames we share as well ;)

2MenSharing1Nightmare ?

8 hours ago, 8menhadadream said:

No. it's what I posted on a forum that wasn't OTIB where I trust the posters not to break a confidence. I was asking the same question.Thanks for that.

There is no way I claim to be 'in the know' about anything, hence the QUESTION.

No points scoring / bitching going on at all as I don't do that, just asking a simple question if anyone else had heard the same.

Ciderup you can't blame people for reposting what you said. It can be read by anyone as it's public. The only way to do it more discreetly is tell people via DM. There's only about 10 regular city posters on that forum so wouldn't even be hard to do.

2 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

After 10 pages of gardening comments, so TA caught driving with our insurance and a licence. I would assume that either he has never had a licence (both Chelsea and BCFC would have known one way or another) or he has already had a ban and lost it. In any case, with no insurance and also a charge of careless (causing an accident) he will get a big fine and a ban from driving, 12 months probable. He will struggle to get insurance despite a footballers wage. In the end, it is something that happens , not good for there image of TA for sure and not good for the message it sends to other teenagers. 

So police issue aside, the other issue then becomes the club one and how the situation arose. It sounds like TA has hoodwinked many into thinking he has a licence and insurance. Most policies would allow him to drive another car third party . Unless it was a sports car of course where age restrictions exist. Not sure LJ would have been someone telling a player to use a car knowing they had no insurance or licence mind, so not sure how he got dragged in. AM just lending a car is not an issue either. It all comes down to what TA told people. Pretty sure Chelsea will be upset with TA and to an extent BCFC , but the responsibility lies with TA you would think. 

I totally agree Billy. If AM or LJ were involved, it is incredibly naive on their part. Like you, I find it hard to believe that someone in LJ's position would have sanctioned something so daft but them's the rumours. :10_1_108:

34 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Ciderup you can't blame people for reposting what you said. It can be read by anyone as it's public. The only way to do it more discreetly is tell people via DM. There's only about 10 regular city posters on that forum so wouldn't even be hard to do.

No worries PF, it's down to me and no blame is attached to anyone. 

8 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

An 'interesting' series of assumptions.

Perhaps of more pressing interest/concern, however, is a 'like' from TM on another thread concerning Mark Warburton coming here....:blink:

News Flash .....

Rumour ... Massive man spotted in Tetbury Tesco's buying large tub of I Can't Believe Its Not Butter .....

Speculation ... are preparations underway for delivery of giant crumpets...?

Scandal ... TM two crumpets on the go at same time...?   

Mystery surrounds source ... Warburton?

3 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

News Flash .....

Rumour ... Massive man spotted in Tetbury Tesco's buying large tub of I Can't Believe Its Not Butter .....

Speculation ... are preparations underway for delivery of giant crumpets...?

Scandal ... TM two crumpets on the go at same time...?   

Mystery surrounds source ... Warburton?

Did you write the clues on Ted Rodgers' "3-2-1"?

Archived