IGNORED

Tammy car accident

MC RISK77

5 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Fact is he earns enough to get some driving lessons, pass his test , and drive legally ...no need for this at all ...and now he'll have points on his license before he's even turned a wheel! ...:grr:

....if he hasn't passed a driving test yet he will know that it is getting tougher each year to do so, as a young lad to whom most things in life comes easy perhaps is it that what has put him off trying? 

After all many wealthy young footballers with money to burn appear to live in a kind of cloud cuckoo la la land.

Maybe Abraham thought FAILand was the ok place to be for drivers who haven't passed their test... ;) 

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

Just to go full on pedantic, it's not. Theft in the UK is misappropriating property with the intention of permanently depriving the other. Unless Tammy was taking the car for keeps it wouldn't be theft. Bow to superior knowledge if there is a separate offence for theft of a motor vehicle.

In the case of vehicles you can be charged with theft (For example car stolen to,sell , strip, send abroad etc) or 'Taking Without Consent' (Joyriders etc) 

If he did not have permission Tammy would potentially have a problem with the latter

I went to an evening with Ian Wright a few months ago, he spoke superbly on a whole host of subjects and was a really top guy, afterwards taking time with the audience and my two younger  sons loved meeting him.

One of the very funny stories he told was when he was young (before Arse and Palace), he had a few run in's with the police and I think did a bit of time inside. This was all related to his love of cars and not so loving having all the right paperwork... his idea at the time after being busted few times was to get a different car (still with no paperwork!).. anyway you have to hear him tell it, but ends up by him saying he was all "your stopping me because of my age / colour" etc at the time, then one day he just said to himself "hum maybe its not about my colour and more about not having the right paperwork" like my mum told me! from there on he never got in any more trouble and the rest is history.. The way he told it was just so brilliantly done and had a pretty big audience in stitches...

Maybe Tammy needs to have a word with Ian Wright for advice on the car paperwork front......   

Just after Charlie George scored the winner for the Gunners in the FA Cup final (1971?), our local car dealer announced he was to pick up his new car from the showroom. All were welcome etc..

The paper published a story a couple of weeks later that he had been driving without the correct paperwork (lack of a full licence I think).

You'd think by now people would've learned! 

53 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

I went to an evening with Ian Wright a few months ago, he spoke superbly on a whole host of subjects and was a really top guy, afterwards taking time with the audience and my two younger  sons loved meeting him.

One of the very funny stories he told was when he was young (before Arse and Palace), he had a few run in's with the police and I think did a bit of time inside. This was all related to his love of cars and not so loving having all the right paperwork... his idea at the time after being busted few times was to get a different car (still with no paperwork!).. anyway you have to hear him tell it, but ends up by him saying he was all "your stopping me because of my age / colour" etc at the time, then one day he just said to himself "hum maybe its not about my colour and more about not having the right paperwork" like my mum told me! from there on he never got in any more trouble and the rest is history.. The way he told it was just so brilliantly done and had a pretty big audience in stitches...

Maybe Tammy needs to have a word with Ian Wright for advice on the car paperwork front......   

Just read his book, says much the same

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Who say's he wasn't?

The report in the post hasn't covered the full story anyway

The offence would be driving without a valid license I believe. That covers not having a license for the vehicle, driving while disqualified, driving while license withdrawn on medical grounds, forgetting to renew,  etc...

If he's been disqualified then that's an aggravating factor when it comes to the penalty.

That's how I read the guidelines but not my area of expertise.

1 hour ago, Norn Iron said:

Just after Charlie George scored the winner for the Gunners in the FA Cup final (1971?), our local car dealer announced he was to pick up his new car from the showroom. All were welcome etc..

The paper published a story a couple of weeks later that he had been driving without the correct paperwork (lack of a full licence I think).

You'd think by now people would've learned! 

Charlie George have how many fingers?

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Highly unlikely EMB

If he is disqualified I'd strongly suggest he would have been charged or reported for summons - (The Police have immediate access to his Driving record / details)

On the facts to date I'd suggest he wasn't disqualified already

Absolutely not, there are more cock up's to this particular part of the law than pretty much any other (maybe apart from warrants) it happens on a daily basis that people are arrested for driving whilst disqualified and either the PNC or the DVLA computer has not been properly updated, it happens with insurance as well.

I would suspect that he or his lawyer (I suspect that was lawyered up by phone) has claimed that some sort of administrative error concerning any ban has occurred and with that the police would investigate further to gain all of the evidence to be sure.

4 hours ago, 29AR said:

Just to go full on pedantic, it's not. Theft in the UK is misappropriating property with the intention of permanently depriving the other. Unless Tammy was taking the car for keeps it wouldn't be theft. Bow to superior knowledge if there is a separate offence for theft of a motor vehicle.

Correct, theft it is certainly not, but if the speculation is true it could be a technical taking and driving away because I suspect Matthews won't want to be fined and take points to help TA by saying that he gave him permission and thereby aiding and abetting any offences TA might have committed.

40 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Could be.

Amatuer hour 

Only person to blame is Tammy no one else regardless of what you think of the club manager or Mathews

tammy is the one who knowingly got behind the wheel of someone else's car while knowing he had no liecense or insurance

blaming anyone else is a cop out

49 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Correct, theft it is certainly not, but if the speculation is true it could be a technical taking and driving away because I suspect Matthews won't want to be fined and take points to help TA by saying that he gave him permission and thereby aiding and abetting any offences TA might have committed.

Perhaps, but then again - and no criminal expect am I (was my worst module, by some way!), and totally unaware of taking and driving away leg - quite difficult for a prosecutor to suggest the owner was aware the driver had lost their licence and had no insurance (third party coverage for standard policy TA policy, AM any named driver policy) to the extent to aid and abet? 

44 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Perhaps, but then again - and no criminal expect am I (was my worst module, by some way!), and totally unaware of taking and driving away leg - quite difficult for a prosecutor to suggest the owner was aware the driver had lost their licence and had no insurance (third party coverage for standard policy TA policy, AM any named driver policy) to the extent to aid and abet? 

Unfortunately the onus is on the owner when they give permission to ensure driver has licence , is covered by Insurance etc. :(

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Unfortunately the onus is on the owner when they give permission to ensure driver has licence , is covered by Insurance etc. :(

Every day is a school day :) 

Then I've nothing to add, except Tammy is a complete, utter, beyond excuse, **** 

9 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

The incident has happened and im sure as stated that the both clubs have spoken to the player. Thats the best they can do. 

Its impossible to predict someones actions and mistakes are all part of growing up.

Do you blame city for the four players that got arrested for a brawl behind java nightclub when GJ was in charge? 

I do a bit

Drinking mentality at the club - alcohol was rife at the time, needed to be stamped out

Drinking can lead to making bad decisions 

From the Swedish City forum;

Ää, va fan grabben är 19 år och körkåt. Lånade Matthews Merca. Blir säkert dryga böter och ett tag till innan han får lämpen. Han är här för att göra mål, det är han bättre på än att ratta. Ingen fylla, slagsmål eller sexbrott, never mind. Always Believe, COYR!!!

http://www.svenskafans.com/england/bristolcity/forum.aspx

Archived