IGNORED

Tammy car accident

MC RISK77

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The bit that worries me is that he's allegedly been driving throughout his ban and this was not a one-off.

this is actually pretty serious..

Another question for sone of you more informed ones.  Are the cars theirs, or are they pool / company cars, where insurance cover is under a club scheme?  I'm sure some p,suers gave their own, but I once saw Korey rock up in a little runaround, not a footballers car.

As far as I know Fevs, most of the cars are on a loan deal for next to nothing (ie free publicity if footballer is papped driving one of their cars). Some like Flint I think have gone on and bought them but most are loaned to the players. I think when it comes to insurance, either the garage covers it or the player gets their own. 

Can vaguely remember a thread on here years and years ago about it.

1 minute ago, Septic Peg said:

As far as I know Fevs, most of the cars are on a loan deal for next to nothing (ie free publicity if footballer is papped driving one of their cars). Some like Flint I think have gone on and bought them but most are loaned to the players. I think when it comes to insurance, either the garage covers it or the player gets their own. 

Can vaguely remember a thread on here years and years ago about it.

Marlon Harewood was/is involved with a company who supply high performance cars to footballers and other celebrities, he definitely sorted out a few of our squad when he was here. 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I think the key point here is that he was banned from driving. Jumping in a mates car with his blessing without insurance is one thing but driving without a licence in his position is plain moronic. 

Frankly, driving without insurance would carry the greater penalty because of the potential implications in the event of an accident. Driving while disqualified is also pretty serious, especially with a young driver. The careless driving that will follow after a crash is the least of his worries.

If guilty he'll be off the road for a good while longer and get a stinging fine, maybe even a community order.

He's been stupid, but no reason to pillory the club. If he worked for a bank or insurance company would they be getting criticised?

16 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

Frankly, driving without insurance would carry the greater penalty because of the potential implications in the event of an accident. Driving while disqualified is also pretty serious, especially with a young driver. The careless driving that will follow after a crash is the least of his worries.

If guilty he'll be off the road for a good while longer and get a stinging fine, maybe even a community order.

He's been stupid, but no reason to pillory the club. If he worked for a bank or insurance company would they be getting criticised?

Agreed. Unless the club knew of his ban and endorsed his behaviour, which I'm sure they wouldn't have............

I'm not defending him in any way at all. He broke the law, a law which is there to protect others as well as himself, but he probably didn't give it much thought. He's a valued asset to his parent club, never mind us. Chelsea are mega rich and quite forgiving, he knows that the club will sort it out for him, that's the problem he doesn't have to take responsibility.

He has the money and is almost non disposable. The only thing he hasn't got is his freedom to be able to drive himself (don't underestimate that) and he hopefully has the shame that he broke the law and many will now know he's an utter idiot. This will affect him in one way or another for years to come.

Let's face it. Footballers aren't blessed with brains or intelligence.

The only talent most of them seem to have is kicking a ball about or retweeting meaningless nonsense.

Some have tattoos. Some have interesting haircuts or hipster beards. Some drive white 4x4s or other pointless cars. Some have ladies on their arms.

The thing few have is intelligence. Loads of money and all the trappings that go with it. 

Am I surprised to read about Tammy? Not really. 

Disappointed but not really surprised.

Anyway let's hope they're all up for the next few weeks......

31 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Lucky he did it now.  Aren't motoring fines going up soon to reflect level of earnings or is that just for minor infringements?

They do now (Relate to Income)

If he is disqualified already  (I'm confused as to where this suggestion emanates from) that (Driving whilst disqualified) will be the most serious of the offences

Sentencing guidelines

Full period expired but retest not taken

Low level community order

Band C fine to medium level community order 6 points or disqualify for 3 – 6 months
Lengthy period of ban already served High level community order Medium level community order to 12 weeks custody Lengthen disqualification for 6 – 12 months beyond expiry of current ban
Recently imposed ban 12 weeks custody High level community order to 26 weeks custody Lengthen disqualification for 12 – 18 months beyond expiry of current ban

45 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Fact is he earns enough to get some driving lessons, pass his test , and drive legally ...no need for this at all ...and now he'll have points on his license before he's even turned a wheel! ...:grr:

From reading this thread, it sounds as though he's already done that, then been banned for accumulation of 6 speeding points less than 2 years after passing his test. 

How has this got nothing to do with the clubs??

You give a very young man £100,000's of pounds - enough to buy any car on the planet, it an environment when virtually all similar players drive around in 500 hp cars, and we are surprised when this sort of thing happens?

He might be the one behind the wheel, but the clubs have their neck well and truly in the noose for 'failure to guide' and mentor these young athletes.

Does it reflect in City and Chelsea? Absolutely.

:disapointed2se:

tfj

1 minute ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

You give a very young man £100,000's of pounds - enough to buy any car on the planet, it an environment when virtually all similar players drive around in 500 hp cars, and we are surprised when this sort of thing happens?

He might be the one behind the wheel, but the clubs have their neck well and truly in the noose for 'failure to guide' and mentor these young athletes.

tfj

So your basically saying its LJs fault right?

No: I said the clubs.

My personal opinion might be that it is partly LJ's fault, but I have no wish to fan the flames on that particular grudge.

LJ would not behave like Tammy did, as he could not reach the accelerator pedal to push it down that far.

In this respect, you might even say LJ is innocent. I can't say that however, because of my Forum ID.

:dunno:

tfj

2 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

tfj

Clubs , like parents can only guide and mentor - They cant watch them 24 hrs a day

I'm not minimising the errors of judgement that went on and the potential outcome could have been more serious (I had a car written off and was injured by an uninsured driver running a red light) but I do think some posters on this thread are going over the top with their judgements

He seems a decent lad , very sensible , and I see this as a (bad) error of judgement more than anything (Probably without thinking of the possible implications) 

Its not as if he's been caught up in gang activity or violence ( And I accept a car not driven properly can cause an awful lot of damage or worse)

Without knowing the full circumstances I'd say anyone lending him the car or encouraging , or allowing him to do so is the first place to look, especially considering Tammy age

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Clubs , like parents can only guide and mentor - They cant watch them 24 hrs a day

I'm not minimising the errors of judgement that went on and the potential outcome could have been more serious (I had a car written off and was injured by an uninsured driver running a red light) but I do think some posters on this thread are going over the top with their judgements

He seems a decent lad , very sensible , and I see this as a (bad) error of judgement more than anything (Probably without thinking of the possible implications) 

Its not as if he's been caught up in gang activity or violence ( And I accept a car not driven properly can cause an awful lot of damage or worse)

Without knowing the full circumstances I'd say anyone lending him the car or encouraging , or allowing him to do so is the first place to look, especially considering Tammy age

Fine!

If I gave you £2M a year, most of the day off each day, would I be surprised if you got out of your head on cider, and passed out outside the Rose & Crown in your own vomit??

Can you see my point?

:grr:

tfj

No: I said the clubs.

My personal opinion might be that it is partly LJ's fault, but I have no wish to fan the flames on that particular grudge.

LJ would not behave like Tammy did, as he could not reach the accelerator pedal to push it down that far.

In this respect, you might even say LJ is innocent. I can't say that however, because of my Forum ID.

:dunno:

tfj

They can't control every aspect of their personal lives as we have seen with numerous football players. 

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

They can't control every aspect of their personal lives as we have seen with numerous football players. 

No-one is expecting the club to, for example, advise the players on whether to try doggy style or the swan with two necks on a Sunday morning ............

All that is really needed is someone to reinforce not to be a total dick, and they have a responsibility to represent the club when in public.

Most employers have a similar responsibility. Probably spells it out in the contract of employment.

This is a bit more serious than dictating whether they have weetabix or granola in the morning.

tfj

No-one is expecting the club to, for example, advise the players on whether to try doggy style or the swan with two necks on a Sunday morning ............

All that is really needed is someone to reinforce not to be a total dick, and they have a responsibility to represent the club when in public.

Most employers have a similar responsibility. Probably spells it out in the contract of employment.

This is a bit more serious than dictating whether they have weetabix or granola in the morning.

tfj

The incident has happened and im sure as stated that the both clubs have spoken to the player. Thats the best they can do. 

Its impossible to predict someones actions and mistakes are all part of growing up.

Do you blame city for the four players that got arrested for a brawl behind java nightclub when GJ was in charge? 

31 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If he is disqualified already  (I'm confused as to where this suggestion emanates from) that (Driving whilst disqualified) will be the most serious of the offences

So am I - are we saying that he has previously gone before a magistrate before found guilty and disqualified (banned) or merely he should not have been driving as he has only a provisional licence and no  insurance.

Believe GJ kicked out Andre Blackman for doing similar

2 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

So am I - are we saying that he has previously gone before a magistrate before found guilty and disqualified (banned) or merely he should not have been driving as he has only a provisional licence and no  insurance.

Believe GJ kicked out Andre Blackman for doing similar

I think the A&S police were quoted as saying no licence and no insurance. If he was driving alone on a provisional licence, I think they would have confirmed this.  Although, it was reported in the EP - so could be any number of inaccuracies! 

I wonder why (seeing as he seems to have an interest in driving :whistle:) that Chelsea didn't arrange for him to have driving lessons? We're often told footballers get everything done for them, perhaps under 'Personal Development' they could have arranged it ........ or perhaps this 'alleged' ban may have stopped them doing it .... 

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

All I can find reported is - No indication of driving whilst disqualified at all

An Avon and Somerset Police spokesman said: 'A 19-year-old man from London has been reported for summons for careless driving, driving without a licence and driving without insurance.' 

N

I think the disqualified info was posted by a couple of people on here who seem to be ITK. 

Tammy came through a academy. You would think that they teach a few common sense things tot he lads as they grow - there is a lot of peer pressure and expectations on these kids, especially when put in squads with older, relatively rich and ... well shall we say people who are not living what we would consider the real world.

Archived