IGNORED

Tammy car accident

MC RISK77

44 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The club didn't know he shouldn't be driving. Guess it's not something they habitually check. 

Not like us when we start a new job and have to provide proof of ID, i.e. Driving license etc. 

Maybe they will now. 

Only if you want to claim business mileage at jobs I've done.  Which is probably not a concern when you're on ten grand a week.

Storm in a teacup.  Everybody has driven friends' cars, or let friends drive their cars, and you don't go asking them for their insurance documents.

Slap on the wrist, few grand fine, don't do it again, should have the required effect.

This raises concerns. One person who obviously knew Tammy (allegedly) couldn’t drive is Tammy. Anyone who thinks LJ knew Tammy wasn’t (allegedly) allowed to drive and then advised him to drive is moronic. After all the hoops LJ and MA jumped through to get Tammy they would no doubt have loved to show Chelsea they were caring for their player by getting him a chauffer, Scotty to taxi him, or even lift share, a perfect opportunity to help the player integrate. Christ, a bloody bus ticket. They want to be in Chelsea’s golden folder of clubs to loan talent to. And after Luke A was (allegedly) eased out of the club for (allegedly) being present at pissgate, to then suggest the club actively advised Tammy to drive when he was (allegedly) disqualified, is, again, beyond moronic, even for this forum. The real question is did Chelsea know? You would assume that if they did they would have mentioned it, “by the way, cars are bad,” especially as they keep detailed dossiers on all their loans. Regular updates. Don’t forget, this is a business to them and the players are assets. Look what happened with that player at the gas who they thought wasn’t getting enough games? They took him back, asap.

So the real question is has Tammy (allegedly) been less than truthful to his parent club….

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Storm in a teacup.  Everybody has driven friends' cars, or let friends drive their cars, and you don't go asking them for their insurance 

It's not a storm in a teacup, what about the other parties involved, it'll be a pain in the arse for them dealing with an uninsured Driver.  Why bother to have licences and insurance at all if it's such a trifling matter.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

The club didn't know he shouldn't be driving. Guess it's not something they habitually check. 

Not like us when we start a new job and have to provide proof of ID, i.e. Driving license etc. 

Maybe they will now. 

I guess there is no need for a football club to require their players to provide driving licence ID as driving is not part of a footballer's role with the club 

1 hour ago, RumRed said:

Well if what I'm surmising from this thread's correct (I have no knowledge at all on this topic) I'm even more surprised that our coaching set up is yet to be changed.

F'ing amateur hour yet again at AG.

Trying to piece this together.. 

Alledgedly was TA running late for training and advised by LJ to use/borrow AM's car?

if so, was LJ aware tha TA was already banned?

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Only if you want to claim business mileage at jobs I've done.  Which is probably not a concern when you're on ten grand a week.

Storm in a teacup.  Everybody has driven friends' cars, or let friends drive their cars, and you don't go asking them for their insurance documents.

Slap on the wrist, few grand fine, don't do it again, should have the required effect.

If you let people drive your car without knowing if they're insured, you're a nut job.

12 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

Trying to piece this together.. 

Alledgedly was TA running late for training and advised by LJ to use/borrow AM's car?

if so, was LJ aware tha TA was already banned?

I have no knowledge at all, I'm trying to read between the lines of the posters that do know stuff.

sounds a shambles though!

1 hour ago, Bobfish said:

This raises concerns. One person who obviously knew Tammy (allegedly) couldn’t drive is Tammy. Anyone who thinks LJ knew Tammy wasn’t (allegedly) allowed to drive and then advised him to drive is moronic. After all the hoops LJ and MA jumped through to get Tammy they would no doubt have loved to show Chelsea they were caring for their player by getting him a chauffer, Scotty to taxi him, or even lift share, a perfect opportunity to help the player integrate. Christ, a bloody bus ticket. They want to be in Chelsea’s golden folder of clubs to loan talent to. And after Luke A was (allegedly) eased out of the club for (allegedly) being present at pissgate, to then suggest the club actively advised Tammy to drive when he was (allegedly) disqualified, is, again, beyond moronic, even for this forum. The real question is did Chelsea know? You would assume that if they did they would have mentioned it, “by the way, cars are bad,” especially as they keep detailed dossiers on all their loans. Regular updates. Don’t forget, this is a business to them and the players are assets. Look what happened with that player at the gas who they thought wasn’t getting enough games? They took him back, asap.

So the real question is has Tammy (allegedly) been less than truthful to his parent club….

Car sharing wouldn't have been difficult as Tomo lives in the same building!!

44 minutes ago, tommy32 said:

I guess there is no need for a football club to require their players to provide driving licence ID as driving is not part of a footballer's role with the club 

Everything will be checked by a club like Chelsea, and I'd hope even us. Even in my crappy job I get regular credit checks and the like.

You really think the club wouldn't know if he had no licence?

11 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Ah the plot thickens

for :  .. 'plot' thickens..

read : .. CLOT thickens..   .. definitely a clot .. maybe a twoc ?

Wonder what odds the bookies will offer on Abraham taking a minimum of at least One More Penalty this season... ? (gotta be a dead cert!) 

STUPIDSTUPIDSTUPIDSTUPIDSTUPIDSTUPIDSTUPIDSTUPIDSTUPID I D I O T!

(just a thought ..is LJ somewhat to blame for Abraham becoming overused to being upfront alone.... ?)

I havnt read through the all the posts but im out there working paying my car tax and insurance etc yet some bloke on about 8k a week jumps in a car without any qualification to do so and has a crash,which luckily didnt kill a child or anyone else.

Im not going to make any excuses for him as its pretty disgusting and very disappointing in my view

7 hours ago, oldrosie said:

I saw an interview a few weeks ago.  Most footballers have no idea about insurance, tax bills, invoices, etc because their agents do it all for them.  Evidently Gazza hadn't had to pay a bill in his life.  Rather sad but that is how things are ... 

I think Gazza was rather exceptional. I heard Terry Venables recounting how Gazza used to phone him up saying that his heating / water wasn't working and he didn't know what to do.  Terry wasn't saying that this was a standard thing for players; quite the reverse.

Mario Balotelli struck me as being similar.

6 hours ago, Leveller said:

If you let people drive your car without knowing if they're insured, you're a nut job.

I wouldn't now, but if you are in your early 20s and in a lads culture of money and cars where everything gets sorted for you then you can see it not even crossing your mind.

47 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I wouldn't now, but if you are in your early 20s and in a lads culture of money and cars where everything gets sorted for you then you can see it not even crossing your mind.

I think the key point here is that he was banned from driving. Jumping in a mates car with his blessing without insurance is one thing but driving without a licence in his position is plain moronic. 

7 hours ago, RumRed said:

Everything will be checked by a club like Chelsea, and I'd hope even us. Even in my crappy job I get regular credit checks and the like.

You really think the club wouldn't know if he had no licence?

I'm sure clubs do due diligence and conduct detailed background  checks on players, personally would just be surprised if this included details about their driving status (unless they had a driving conviction for example) - happy to be proved wrong though! 

16 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

yes a Gashead on the banter page called ironically DAVID LARGE giving it large saying he should be locked up

Sorry lads.totally agree I know I'm going to get hammered for this BUT, no licence no insurance shouldn't be on the road.no excuses .i know he plays for Bristol City but deserves all he gets.and I'm a season tkt holder at Bristol city. 

The bit that worries me is that he's allegedly been driving throughout his ban and this was not a one-off.

this is actually pretty serious..

Another question for sone of you more informed ones.  Are the cars theirs, or are they pool / company cars, where insurance cover is under a club scheme?  I'm sure some p,suers gave their own, but I once saw Korey rock up in a little runaround, not a footballers car.

Archived