IGNORED

The Villa v City thread

22A

3 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I said we HAD to let him go. Stupid money is pointless and worthless if you cannot find a player to replace him. We did not, Engvall failed and we signed god knows how many others. So what was meant to be a front line of Kodja and Tammy was lost. We need a player like that, who can score goals and create a change of pace, movement, go past players. He is probably not Prem, but is damn good at this level. I dread to think where we will be next year without Tammy. 

League 1

3 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Why does Johnson spout off about 'turning a corner'??? We were extremely lucky at Newcastle in the second half, they absolutely battered us and he goes on like we've won the ******* league! We are an absolute disgrace and nowhere near championship standard. Realists and level headed people will agree with this, people with their heads up their asses' will say I'm a defeatist! 

Bollocks 

Johnson is a fantasist - drones and PowerPoint presentations - zero leadership skills - he couldn't run the clarks pie van.

1 minute ago, 8menhadadream said:

So, we are only out of the drop one on goal difference, have played a game more than the side just beneath us and have to go away to both Blackburn and Wigan who can both go past us with wins?

This is NOT looking good is it?

Please get rid and give us a chance.

But we are not in the relegation zone cut adrift so all is rosy........

2 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Clearly Saturday is the huge match. We have to beat Burton. Lose that then even SL will have to get his head out of the sand, though what anyone can do now that the games are running out. What a terrible self inflicted mess. 

No decent manager will come in now - it's too late to turn Lee's shambles into a team.

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Actually, sadly, with an owner standing by a failed head coach, and a silent Board, it's long past game over for poor old City

For some weird reason, Steve may be waiting for us to slip into the relegation zone before acting. Even then I wouldn't hold my breath.

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

Clearly Saturday is the huge match. We have to beat Burton. Lose that then even SL will have to get his head out of the sand, though what anyone can do now that the games are running out. What a terrible self inflicted mess. 

Only one man to blame for this mess. The guy who has had his head up his arse for weeks now. But he owns the club so we are stuck with Johnson. Even if he makes the change now he has probably left it too late.

6 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

No argument with what you are saying fella but he wanted to leave, the only option we had to make him reconsider was match their offer......... the club clearly choose not to do so.

I don't blame the lad in the slightest, the problem is that their was no plan B by the club when it was very clear he was going to leave.

Plan B....well that s athought, perhaps somebody should tell.......oh stuff it.

As a season ticket holder and supporter for 46 years enough is enough. There will be no revival/escape from the big 'R' with LJ in charge. We probably have 9 players who are real championship quality that could push for the top half of the table in this league. The way we are going most will want to leave if we are in League 1. We have had a few moments where we think we might get out of the mess we are in but the capitulation this side shows when leading at Derby and Newcastle and conceding 2 goals against a poor Villa side shows the reality. I don't care how many times we have hit the woodwork there is no such thing as luck. You either have quality or you don't I would love us to stay up but it's looking increasingly unlikely. 

Take note LJ and friends.

Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived