IGNORED

The Villa v City thread

22A

OK folks, I thought I'd start this un over nine hours before kick off.

On Facebook LJ has posted that tonight City are facing the Galacticos of the Championship. I've commented that if struggling Villa are the Galacticos, what does that make leaders Newcastle.

7 minutes ago, 22A said:

On Facebook LJ has posted that tonight City are facing the Galacticos of the Championship. I've commented that if struggling Villa are the Galacticos, what does that make leaders Newcastle.

LJ actually said that based on the money they have spent and he's probably right. 

Villa spent the last 2 transfer windows splashing huge money on many of the Championships best players. Mainly attacking talent and somewhat neglected the defence. 

14 minutes ago, 22A said:

Brighton?

Oh you scamp @22A. @havanatopia is Mr League Match Day Thread...

This has a draw written all over it. 1-1 or 2-2. In fact, on my accy today, it's down for a draw.

That being said, I've put the usual bets for Villa to win and both teams to score as well as a bet for City to win and both teams to score. Will cash out when City are 2-0 up and then Villa claw one back.

For anyone wanting free parking with a reasonably quick get away, Chester Road (B6) seems to be my colleagues preferred road. Avenue Road & Whitehouse St also look good bets.

They're  close to the A38, but are about a 1.3 mile walk from the ground. 

Just driven past the Tesco I recommended earlier. It's a stones throw to the ground - about as close as Wickes is to us, but you'd have to get away fairly early to not get stuck in traffic for quite a while. 

1 hour ago, 22A said:

OK.. saves me.. was about to run the thread but arhhhhhh... a welcome night off. Cheers.

56 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

There's no harm in mixing things up a bit with match day threads. Tbh calling them "official" when one poster writes them compared to others does sound a bit pretentious imo. 

I predict a loss tonight, but a close game. 1-0 to Villa? 

The starting line up will be vital to our chances tonight.

Too right they can always be merged in any case .

I've done a few but managed to get away with it .

Havanatopia gives good thread but he ain't alone .

59 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

There's no harm in mixing things up a bit with match day threads. Tbh calling them "official" when one poster writes them compared to others does sound a bit pretentious imo. 

I predict a loss tonight, but a close game. 1-0 to Villa? 

The starting line up will be vital to our chances tonight.

It was all tongue in cheek and it just stuck.. happy for others to chip in for sure fella.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Whilst he gives honest appraisals of teams, he's a bit like SoD, when comparing teams. Spends too much emphasis 'bigging up' how good the opposition is and not enough on what we are capable of imo. Yes be honest...but why put a seed of doubt in the players and fans head before even putting a foot on the pitch? Or perhaps he does...and it's just the way it's reported on the main site.

Putting a positive slant on it...

Villa have spent a bloody fortune and find themselves in a downward spiral and looking at a relegation battle. Crowd on their back.

They are a team of prima donnas who play as individuals rather than a team.

They have only won once in 10 games, of which 7 they have lost.

They are their for the taking. We know Bakers faults...Wilbs get in his face...We know JK's faults...offside all the time. Albert needs Bryan or Odowda to kick him in to touch first 10 mins. And Grealish needs Baily Wright in his face too.... if only it was that easy ;-)

C'mon the Reds...Take the Villa down.

2-0 City win tonight.... Please :-)

The worrying thing for me is our form over the past 10 games is significantly worse than our main relegation rivals (excluding Rotherham) Villa are worse than us but won on Saturday, this is a typical game that we lose.

I will take a point before kick off, as long as we don't throwaway a significant lead again and try to spin it into a good result, expectations before a game change during a game if a team has a significant lead.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Whilst he gives honest appraisals of teams, he's a bit like SoD, when comparing teams. Spends too much emphasis 'bigging up' how good the opposition is and not enough on what we are capable of imo. Yes be honest...but why put a seed of doubt in the players and fans head before even putting a foot on the pitch? Or perhaps he does...and it's just the way it's reported on the main site.

Putting a positive slant on it...

Villa have spent a bloody fortune and find themselves in a downward spiral and looking at a relegation battle. Crowd on their back.

They are a team of prima donnas who play as individuals rather than a team.

They have only won once in 10 games, of which 7 they have lost.

They are their for the taking. We know Bakers faults...Wilbs get in his face...We know JK's faults...offside all the time. Albert needs Bryan or Odowda to kick him in to touch first 10 mins. And Grealish needs Baily Wright in his face too.... if only it was that easy ;-)

C'mon the Reds...Take the Villa down.

2-0 City win tonight.... Please :-)

High press in numbers force the turnover and strike = simple.

I am hoping for a repeat of the lovely feeling I got when we blew them away at the Gate, just after their fans had been singing "You've only come to see the Villa". My how we laughed :):)

I think they will try on Cotts back because of his Brum connection and I think he is the sort of player that will get fired up by that.....

Archived