IGNORED

The Villa v City thread

22A

50 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Normally I would agree with this post but I think even you would have to admit that every single milligram of positivity has been summarily drained from the vast majority of fans over pretty much a 5 month run of mainly piss poor performances of biblical proportions and leading to an attitude of predictability/inevitability, we are a team unable to sustain 90 minutes and particularly fade in the final third of games, yes there have been glimmers of hope but by and large they have been few and far between and not for a full 90 minutes.

I suppose the feeling I have is SL has gone for shit or bust this time and I am not sure that I have that amount of faith in either LJ or some of his signings.

Whilst I understand the sentiment EMB...and agree we have been poor in recent months results wise, I however am still trying to enjoy following City.

Villas and Birmingham's recent runs have been of 'Biblical' proportions too, as have other teams. Norwich had an awful period, then turned it around.

I'm trying to see the positives... and be realistic. Form wise...we've taken 6 points from our last six games. We seem to have stemmed the flow of losses.

Villa, Derby and Wolves, have only achieved 5 or 3 points from their last six games. Far bigger teams than us, and far more experience at this level or above.

Wigan, Blackburn, Barnsley, Birmingham...all achieved the same points in the last six games as us.

Norwich, Burton, Reading, QPR, Forest, Ipswich all teams that have achieved between 1 and 3 points more than us in that period.

With Rotherham only gaining 1 point.

That's 14 teams in this division, that are in the same boat as us performance wise. Many of them bigger than us.

And arguably we've had a tough run of games.

I'm guessing that's approx. half of this division, with fans all feeling the same way right now.

Perhaps we should all just step back and enjoy the ride a bit more...because it's far more enjoyable watching your football with a positive outlook imo...regardless of the massive low in our recent run of poor results.

Lots of Clubs are in the same boat...it's a tough division.

It's a crazy league... Ipswich, Wolves, Derby, Blackburn, Birmingham...all finished 6,7,8,9,10th in 2015 season. Now look at them.

Huddersfield, Fulham, Reading and Brighton all finished 16, 17, 19, 20th in 2015 season...Now look at them.

It's crazy how things change so quickly in this league...so many fine margins.

Hopefully we win tonight and we'll only be 3 points behind the 'mighty Villa' and all their 'Galetico's'  ;-)

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I just prefer to be positive and optimistic, rather than finding negative things all the time.

The forum is full of negativity...not a happy clapper...but I'm a great believer in positive energy getting positive results, rather than negativity all the time. ;-)

On match day...I try to remain optimistic...it's better for your well being ;-)

Last time I got optimistic we were playing Hull at Wembley only the fans turned up with their positive energy though, that day, didn't find much well being then either; so I avoid the excitement ladder now except for a step or 2, less further to fall down.

So I`ll believe we will lose tonight and get relegated  :sad26:depressing I know but it avoids stress and heart ache. :yawn:

17 minutes ago, spudski said:

Whilst I understand the sentiment EMB...and agree we have been poor in recent months results wise, I however am still trying to enjoy following City.

Villas and Birmingham's recent runs have been of 'Biblical' proportions too, as have other teams. Norwich had an awful period, then turned it around.

I'm trying to see the positives... and be realistic. Form wise...we've taken 6 points from our last six games. We seem to have stemmed the flow of losses.

Villa, Derby and Wolves, have only achieved 5 or 3 points from their last six games. Far bigger teams than us, and far more experience at this level or above.

Wigan, Blackburn, Barnsley, Birmingham...all achieved the same points in the last six games as us.

Norwich, Burton, Reading, QPR, Forest, Ipswich all teams that have achieved between 1 and 3 points more than us in that period.

That's 14 teams in this division, that are in the same boat as us performance wise. Many of them bigger than us.

I'm guessing that's approx. half of this division, with fans all feeling the same way right now.

Perhaps we should all just step back and enjoy the ride a bit more...because it's far more enjoyable watching your football with a positive outlook imo...regardless of the massive low in our recent run of poor results.

It's a crazy league... Ipswich, Wolves, Derby, Blackburn, Birmingham...all finished 6,7,8,9,10th in 2015 season. Now look at them.

Huddersfield, Fulham, Reading and Brighton all finished 16, 17, 19, 20th in 2015 season...Now look at them.

Hopefully we win tonight and we'll only be 3 points behind the 'mighty Villa' and all their 'Galetico's'  ;-)

Perhaps we could ' enjoy the ride ' more if it didn't seem like we were on the Rasta Rocket to division One ! 

What would we give for just one , boring, mid table season in this League where  we could just appreciate the football .

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

But all have performed far better in the previous 10 games.

What I will say is there does seem to be more fight but that does not explain the woeful Fulham performance, where LJ finally discovered that we were giving teams far too much room in midfield, something that some realised almost 5 months ago, i'm surprised that it was such a surprise to LJ. it was interesting to hear last night Leicester v Liverpool @Super (another oops) the increased amount of tackles by Leicester compared to the rest of the season and the subsequent result, I would be interested to see a breakdown of the first half/second half tackling stats of Fulham Home, Derby and Newcastle Away.

On the positive side if we do manage to survive and for me it is still a big if, he has the basis of a good squad he needs to solve our woeful full back problem and further improve our failing midfield and probably even more important work harder on squad fitness and mental toughness which I believe has been sadly lacking this season, we seem to crack fitness wise and mentality wise in and around the hour mark.

What I hope you will agree with whatever the circumstances no excuses will wash next season if a sustained improvement is not found by at least December.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

What I will say is there does seem to be more fight but that does not explain the woeful Fulham performance, where LJ finally discovered that we were giving teams far too much room in midfield, something that some realised almost 5 months ago, i'm surprised that it was such a surprise to LJ. it was interesting to hear last night Leicester v Liverpool @Super (another oops) the increased amount of tackles by Leicester compared to the rest of the season and the subsequent result, I would be interested to see a breakdown of the first half/second half tackling stats of Fulham Home, Derby and Newcastle Away.

On the positive side if we do manage to survive and for me it is still a big if, he has the basis of a good squad he needs to solve our woeful full back problem and further improve our failing midfield and probably even more important work harder on squad fitness and mental toughness which I believe has been sadly lacking this season, we seem to crack fitness wise and mentality wise in and around the hour mark.

What I hope you will agree with whatever the circumstances no excuses will wash next season if a sustained improvement is not found by at least December.

What a well rounded and sensible post.

:clapping:

tfj

3 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

?????

tfj

Taxi for Johnson

Best place to live in the Gulf

Started by Taxi for JohnsonFebruary 11

25 posts in this topic

Taxi for Johnson

• NOT happy
  • Taxi for Johnson
  • OTIB Supporter
  • 4,625 posts

ID: 1   Posted February 11 · Report post

Where is the best place / City and why?

Many thanks.

al-tfj IV

•  

Well.

My heart says 4-0 to City.

My head says low scoring, either 2-0 or 2-1 to Villa.

We can't win matches except against Rotherham at home, and we cannot keep clean sheets.

I would take a point, except, if we keep doing that we will probably be relegated.

Up the City.

:badmood::badmood::badmood:

tfj

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:
Taxi for Johnson

Best place to live in the Gulf

Started by Taxi for JohnsonFebruary 11

25 posts in this topic

Taxi for Johnson

• NOT happy
  • Taxi for Johnson
  • OTIB Supporter
  • 4,625 posts

ID: 1   Posted February 11 · Report post

Where is the best place / City and why?

Many thanks.

al-tfj IV

•  

Oh yeh.

5 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Well.

My heart says 4-0 to City.

My head says low scoring, either 2-0 or 2-1 to Villa.

We can't win matches except against Rotherham at home, and we cannot keep clean sheets.

I would take a point, except, if we keep doing that we will probably be relegated.

Up the City.

:badmood::badmood::badmood:

tfj

I agree, prior to Newcastle it was doom and gloom,that urgency or panic seems to have lifted after the draw, granted it was a good point but our form is still shocking.

just hope we go for it and don't play for the draw

2 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I'm going for a 1-2 away win. Kodjia to score  (obvs) but Wilbs and Taylor for us. COYR

You think we will win every game.

You will be right eventually: we will win a game.

Aren't you tired of being wrong?

tfj

P.S. Your avatar is well creepy.

28 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Perhaps we could ' enjoy the ride ' more if it didn't seem like we were on the Rasta Rocket to division One ! 

What would we give for just one , boring, mid table season in this League where  we could just appreciate the football .

And we might still end up mid table ish Major...still a lot of points to play for. It's where you finish in a marathon, not where you are after 17 miles.

We may get a second wind, after getting stitch at the mid way point ;-)

26 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I agree EMB...if we were to find ourselves without improvement by December next season, then I'd call for change.

53 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

In Greek Cypriot dialect, the word Villa sounds phonetically like the word for Pulis. And by Pulis, I mean something that sounds a bit like Pulis and also sums him up.

My g/f is Greek Cypriot...I'll ask her about my villa. :thumbsup:

One of my resolutions is to learn Greek, and if that includes cuss words, so much the better. Anything to get around the swear filter.

6 minutes ago, cynic said:

They may well have let in the least amount of goals in the bottom half of the table, but they've scored just 31 and only Wigan on 30 have scored less in the bottom half. 

Yeah, rather baffling though when you look at their options up front.

I put a small bet on Kodjia to be top scorer about 2 days before the opening game, after he left I thought that may even help my bet but he's not close to Tammy, let alone the current top scorer.

3 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Given the choice where would you rather be tonight?

in..... a Villa near Brum

Or... a Villa In Manila?

Image result for villa in manila

Except its in San Diego ... which of course is far far nicer than Manila, I can assure you...

500 East 8th Street, National City, CA 91950, San Diego, California  
CONTACT - 619-477-8512 / info@villamanila.com

Archived