IGNORED

The Villa v City thread

22A

20 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

People have been calling for consistency and banging on about LJ's changes confusing the tactics?

This team 'worked' on Saturday, they've had two days to rest. Good options from the bench.

I'm delighted to see this continuity.

No brainier same team, I'm slightly positive 

8 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Are people that reluctant to give LJ praise that they instead give credit to JP? 

I've never heard anything so ridiculous. This is LJ's team and he picks that team.

I'm fed up of this Pembo love in, yea he did a good job steadying the ship but considering he has been coaching the defence this season he has to take a huge amount of blame for the defensive errors that have occurred. 

Finally someone said it on here, as Holden seems to taking the flak its only fair that Pembo takes some as well... Defence is the main problem this season and like you said he is coaching that area

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Are people that reluctant to give LJ praise that they instead give credit to JP? 

I've never heard anything so ridiculous. This is LJ's team and he picks that team.

I'm fed up of this Pembo love in, yea he did a good job steadying the ship but considering he has been coaching the defence this season he has to take a huge amount of blame for the defensive errors that have occurred. 

On saturday at Newcastle Pemberton was on the touchline when the game started and spent most of the game there. Johnson was hiding in the background, all the shouting and pointing came from Pemberton. Johnson wasn't out anywhere near as much as Pemberton and when he was he didn't seem as animated. He made sure he came over with the players to milk the applause though. That was Pemberton's point in my view. Be interesting to find out what happens tonight.

1 minute ago, kingswood red said:

On saturday at Newcastle Pemberton was on the touchline when the game started and spent most of the game there. Johnson was hiding in the background, all the shouting and pointing came from Pemberton. Johnson wasn't out anywhere near as much as Pemberton and when he was he didn't seem as animated. He made sure he came over with the players to milk the applause though. That was Pemberton's point in my view. Be interesting to find out what happens tonight.

Assistants tend to be out more than than the manager anyway, see this alot across football. Its not like Johnson was hiding in the background at all.

1 hour ago, JHAGa said:

Bound to score and help Villa win. Him going is the reason for this disaster of a season in the first place.

Is it compulsory to post nonsense about strikers?

BCFC will never ever keep hold of a red hot young striker. We never have and it's exactly the same for much bigger clubs than us.

Kodjia did the old ' i don't want to play, I wanna go' trick and SL/MA secured a Championship record price whilst LJ secured a like for like replacement for the season- maybe better. If JK was still here then I doubt it would make a blind bit of difference to where we are now.

I think you have to look at at other players or lack of them or tactics etc to find a credible reason.

JK? Good riddance- he didn't want to be at BS3 , he wanted to be at Villa with more fans, more money, bigger club and at the time seemingly better prospects. If he scores against us then he scores against us- so what? Hardly puts him in a unique category this season.

16 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Please note the question marks in my comment

These seem the only two possible reasons for the change in approach.  I am not at all sure which answer is the correct one, but I can't think of a third answer, but perhaps you or those supporting you can?

1 minute ago, cityironman said:

If we lose tonight, that will be more than enough reason to slam him. Villa are on their arse!!

That's become the norm.

My point was more aimed at the Otibs predictable nature when some appear quite positive of team selections pre match, to then slam him if we still lose, blaming selections and tactics.  Oh well, perhaps tonight will be different.

16 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

In my seat at Villa Park. First time I've been - proper football ground this! Terrific. Also a reminder of how desperately important it is for us to be playing in this division next season.

You should have experienced the old terraced Holte End. Stood there with my dad the night Villa beat Inter Milan 2-0 in the UEFA Cup back in 1990 when I was at university in Brum. Milan had Mattheus, Klinsmann & Brehme, but Villa had David Platt who was unbelievably good. 

Shame I can't be there tonight but so hope we win. Have to stay at this level. Compare our last 4 away games with what you would get in League 1. No comparison!

10 minutes ago, cityironman said:

If we lose tonight, that will be more than enough reason to slam him. Villa are on their arse!!

Spot on....we are playing the Villa of right here, right now, we ain't playing their 'history' - so any patronising "we knew it would be hard against such a massive club" post-game comments aren't relevant.

Dwight Yorke, Peter Withe, Gary Shaw, Jimmy Rimmer, Dennis Mortimer, Alan McInally, Gordon Cowans, Dalian Atkinson, Dean Saunders, Tony Morley, Paul McGrath, David Ginola, Peter Schmeichel, Gareth Barry.....they all ain't playing for the Villa tonight.

AVFC is on a terrible run, rather like ourselves, so go for it boys, nothing to lose, they are on the ropes...much bigger expectations amongst their fan base than ours, but we ain't playing ex-European Cup Winners, we are playing a struggling Championship side....and that would be my team talk tonight!

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Please note the question marks in my comment

These seem the only two possible reasons for the change in approach.  I am not at all sure which answer is the correct one, but I can't think of a third answer, but perhaps you or those supporting you can?

So when things go badly, we blame LJ?

If he changes approach and it works, credit must go to someone else? 

You realise how absurd that sounds, right?

2 hours ago, JHAGa said:

Bound to score and help Villa win. Him going is the reason for this disaster of a season in the first place.

I don't agree with you . His going enabled us to bring in other players and not to have too many Financial constraints . It's not because he's gone that in nearly march we still don't know our best eleven or formation ?

Archived