IGNORED

The Villa v City thread

22A

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

My only worry is how much do they have left in the tank? It was a momentous performance on Saturday so I'm worried the energy levels may be low.

Wilbs maybe but not the others mate......all young fit kiddies.......should be able to play a game a day

12 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

My only worry is how much do they have left in the tank? It was a momentous performance on Saturday so I'm worried the energy levels may be low.

People have been calling for consistency and banging on about LJ's changes confusing the tactics?

This team 'worked' on Saturday, they've had two days to rest. Good options from the bench.

I'm delighted to see this continuity.

11 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Brownhill out the squad again. Slightly harsh, his kit is there so you'd presume he wasn't injured. 

Brownhill is a strange one for me. Comfortable midfielder at the level it would seem but hasn't found his niche yet. Maybe he hasn't been in position to do so. I'd like to see him play the same role Korey Smith played Saturday(and again tonight) where you need to be very disciplined defending but willing to sprint forward. It's a hell of a shift and young Josh has tended to fade late in games but he's supposed to be a good finisher so i would like to see him get further up the pitch but often see him coming back to take the ball from the defense. 

Bit harsh not to be on bench but i think he still needs to find that one trait he can rely on. A man of many qualities but a master of none. 

12 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Wow at last consistency

Pembo making the decisions?

Johnson finally seeing the light?

Are people that reluctant to give LJ praise that they instead give credit to JP? 

I've never heard anything so ridiculous. This is LJ's team and he picks that team.

I'm fed up of this Pembo love in, yea he did a good job steadying the ship but considering he has been coaching the defence this season he has to take a huge amount of blame for the defensive errors that have occurred. 

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Brownhill is a strange one for me. Comfortable midfielder at the level it would seem but hasn't found his niche yet. Maybe he hasn't been in position to do so. I'd like to see him play the same role Korey Smith played Saturday(and again tonight) where you need to be very disciplined defending but willing to sprint forward. It's a hell of a shift and young Josh has tended to fade late in games but he's supposed to be a good finisher so i would like to see him get further up the pitch but often see him coming back to take the ball from the defense. 

Bit harsh not to be on bench but i think he still needs to find that one trait he can rely on. A man of many qualities but a master of none. 

Dele Alialike !

10 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

People have been calling for consistency and banging on about LJ's changes confusing the tactics?

This team 'worked' on Saturday, they've had two days to rest. Good options from the bench.

I'm delighted to see this continuity.

I am happy to keep the same team, I just think fitness has been a big problem for us. We were on our last legs against Newcastle so it will be interesting to see if we can play a high tempo high pressing game again.

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

I am happy to keep the same team, I just think fitness has been a big problem for us. We were on our last legs against Newcastle so it will be interesting to see if we can play a high tempo high pressing game again.

Yep, it could be an issue, but I think a lot of the problems we've had are not fitness so much, but mental fitness. 

This team now, although conceded two goals against Newcastle, have shown to a certain what needs to be done and should have the confidence to get out there and do it again tonight.

I suspect a few were told tonight, go out there and give it a double hard effort because he'll probably change things up a bit for Burton. 

No doubt we'll see three subs as well tonight.

Archived