IGNORED

The Villa v City thread

22A

33 minutes ago, nickolas said:

So did LJ come across to the fans tonight to thank you for coming or did he run n hide down the tunnel? Clueless fool in charge taking us one way only. 

What was the reaction at the end? Booing or support still for the players?

There wasn't anything like the reaction like there was against Fulham. Just before the end some fans were mockingly singing "We're ******* erm not very good" if you get what I mean. There was a bit of booing at the end but nothing major. I didn't notice whether LJ came over. I think if we go a goal down to Burton there is going to be quite a hostile response from the crowd though ahead of any rallying of the team to get back in it

4 hours ago, Clint said:

We'll draw with Burton and he'll still be here

We might well lose and he still will be.

There is a certain inevitability about our impending relegation now. I think we turned the corner last night. It is like watching the film Titanic knowing the outcome with all aboard seemingly oblivious to it such as the board and the manager. A sort of serene beauty before the catastrophic failure of a rudderless project.

That Johnson is completely and utterly out of his depth is, without a shadow of doubt, beyond question. No amount of explanation from the owner will ever patch over that not even if we stay up with him in charge. The only possibility for City staying in this league will be IF the players cumulatively turn up for work for sufficient games to pull it off. If they don't then nothing Johnson does will make a blind bit of difference. They have not played for him, consistently, for a very long time. It is so glaringly obvious.

1 hour ago, nickolas said:

So did LJ come across to the fans tonight to thank you for coming or did he run n hide down the tunnel? Clueless fool in charge taking us one way only. 

What was the reaction at the end? Booing or support still for the players?

He came across sheepishly, briefly clapped sheepishly, got booed, and sheepishly disappeared back across the pitch.

I think if we lose against Burton that must be the end for LJ. The Lansdown interview from MadeInBristol where he said he expects LJ to be in charge for next 3 games (which at the time were Newcastle, Villa and Burton) means I don't think we'll see a change in the next couple of days unless he resigns. Defeat against Burton and it'll be a very ugly, albeit half empty, Ashton Gate come full time.

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think if we lose against Burton that must be the end for LJ. The Lansdown interview from MadeInBristol where he said he expects LJ to be in charge for next 3 games (which at the time were Newcastle, Villa and Burton) means I don't think we'll see a change in the next couple of days unless he resigns. Defeat against Burton and it'll be a very ugly, albeit half empty, Ashton Gate come full time.

Our fans should make a statement by ensuring it's half full at kick off and empty by half time 

12 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

So , we gave a good account of ourselves against

Tired after big match , should have had a pen , hit the woodwork ...ya dee ya dee ya .

ITS ALL ABOUT RESULTS , STUPID .

NO MORE EXCUSES SOMETHING IS DREADFULLY WRONG AND THE BUCK STOPS WITH jOHNSON .

Major!   I got fed up with 5 minutes to go and my RB link was playing up all through the game. So went to bed , as it's 2 hours later here than the UK.  As you know I have been saying on this forum for some months now that something is dreadfully wrong, but been slagged off and told I didn't know anything about football, " give him more time", "he will turn it around", etc, blah, blah, blah,  So it's not an "I told you so" to all those LJ lovers, but the way I have been seeing the inevitable over the last few months, but still hoping that I was wrong.   Surely now, even the most ardent LJ fan, must see that he is just not a motivator or the answer to SL's aspirations of taking City into the Prem, I still don't think he will be sacked and as many have said here, unless a miracle happens in the next few games and other results go our way, City will be playing in League 1 next season, in a half empty stadium and all the best players will leave.  So SL, it will be back to square one!  Do something NOW!  Don't wait until we are well into the bottom three,  ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS!

8 hours ago, havanatopia said:

We might well lose and he still will be.

There is a certain inevitability about our impending relegation now. I think we turned the corner last night. It is like watching the film Titanic knowing the outcome with all aboard seemingly oblivious to it such as the board and the manager. A sort of serene beauty before the catastrophic failure of a rudderless project.

That Johnson is completely and utterly out of his depth is, without a shadow of doubt, beyond question. No amount of explanation from the owner will ever patch over that not even if we stay up with him in charge. The only possibility for City staying in this league will be IF the players cumulatively turn up for work for sufficient games to pull it off. If they don't then nothing Johnson does will make a blind bit of difference. They have not played for him, consistently, for a very long time. It is so glaringly obvious.

At last, someone who agrees with me about the players not playing or not wanting to play for him, Hurrah!

Archived