IGNORED

The Villa v City thread

22A

5 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Mate, he's in charge, after the paSt 5 months, the buck stops with him

I run a business and yes I sometimes I employ people who can't do the job as I expected or sometimes teams are doing what I need. I don't just sit there and say "well I don't get it, Ive told them what needs dping" I take responsibility, highlight the problem and make the change.

He's the ******* manager! Who do you think is going to change things if not him?

But what if you can see your manager doing everything that he should be but those under his command fail to do as he instructs,  what do you do in that position?  Because that's the position we are in.

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Oh please excuse me for asking a question about tonight's match in tonight's match thread.

Nice sidestep

Just Try justifying the last 4-5 months 

3 wins

3 !!

And your excuse for your loved one ?

Maybe when you joined that girls team they didn't tell you losingborvbeing a shambles was bad , it was. All about the taking part eh ?

3 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Could he name the Villa X1? Was he aware they have only lost 2 at home? Does he have his finger on the Championship pulse? 

I wonder how he would explain our failure to take up this "great chance" we had tonight? Oh, let me guess - great club, parachute payments, Bruce Steve......

He obviously hadn't consulted Lee as Lee knew this was a 'tough ask'.

46 minutes ago, RedM said:

I have been the most positive happy clapper but I got to admit it GOT to me tonight. Just got back on the coach and I feel like I been put through the wringer, I feel out of love with my team and it hurts.I am sad and angry at the same time. After being on an emotional high at Newcastle we made a poor Villa look world beaters.  Fist half we couldn't put our chances away, 2nd half we just stepped back and let them run at us. can't blame the fans as they were so supportive.

I really don't know where I go from here. I hate failure. I hate anything defeating me.shame my team can't be arsed to raise a bit of fight.

Exactly my feelings a couple of weeks ago RedM. I've given up pal!

Without change, we had it.

1 minute ago, djb6162 said:

Not wishing to add too much to the rather Painful attack on your defence of the situation here, so i will keep it simple and respectful.

Just how many football games of any description,  at any level have you actually witnessed this season ?

a simple numerical answer will suffice, and of course i will accept it if you choose not to answer.

if you are a regular attendee at AG this season your defence and positivity are even more remarkable.

Season ticket holder, not missed one home game, been to a few away games also.

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

But what if you can see your manager doing everything that he should be but those under his command fail to do as he instructs,  what do you do in that position?  Because that's the position we are in.

You change the manager as they obviously cannot lead or deliver results through others, as is his primary remit.

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

On paper man for man we have a better team than Burton. Just like tonight Villa had a better team than us.

We don't play the game on paper!  And for 45 mins tonight (so it would appear), we were a match for Villa.  Then what happened?  We reverted to type, sat back and surprise surprise we got beat.  Regardless of whether you think LJ told the team to sit and press high and they sat back instead, it's the Manager's job to instruct and manage them.  And it's plainly obvious that he can't do it.  He's so out of his depth it's untrue.  He is unable to motivate a team to play a consistent level of 90 mins football, even you must admit that?

This lackadaisical attitude of 'well, it's only relegation', 'not to worry'.......i despair.

4 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

It's his fault because they don't believe in him. He lost them a long time ago. They do not believe in his leadership. You have to give them a platform they buy into  that matches their ability  and are able to follow. That has been the issue all season no matter how many players the club have given him, who he picks, in what formation. 

No belief and you are going nowhere. 

Nail

head

on

:clap:

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Nice sidestep

Just Try justifying the last 4-5 months 

3 wins

3 !!

And your excuse for your loved one ?

I can't justify it. Without a doubt there was games we should of won. We even got ourselves into a position where we could win these games but bloody imploded. 

The only game we managed to hold on was against Newcastle and that makes me think maybe that has something to do with the players mentality? Desperate to get a result at Newcastle at any cost but against the likes of Sheff Wed they don't really care too much about hanging on and putting their bodies on the line to secure that result. 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Hi @djb6162

:thumbsup:

The phrase

'Well out of it springs to mind '. ;)

Still looks like Wes may be Championship next year and we wont ;)

Hope Wes's  ankle is ok Dave

Codddd Armmmmmmy :thumbsup:

Thank you 

hopefully back for walsall game two weeks tonight.

i genuinely hope wes can cross swords with his friends again in the championship though, not in L1

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I can't justify it. Without a doubt there was games we should of won. We even got ourselves into a position where we could win these games but bloody imploded. 

The only game we managed to hold on was against Newcastle and that makes me think maybe that has something to do with the players mentality? Desperate to get a result at Newcastle at any cost but against the likes of Sheff Wed they don't really care too much about hanging on and putting their bodies on the line to secure that result. 

So months of replies and still , not one

one

one

not one

criticism of Johnson

laughable

simply laughable

sorry

5 minutes ago, 054123 said:

You change the manager as they obviously cannot lead or deliver results through others, as is his primary remit.

So you then change the manager but then after a few weeks this new manager encounters the exact same problem as the previous manager, do you sack him also? Or do you deal with the actual problem.

26 minutes ago, Flagon said:

It's getting worryingly close to being out of our hands. Despite the poor run we've usually competed pretty well and looked like we could get something from games, but we are now starting to really not perform with it now aswell. We look weak, we don't anticipate where the ball is going, we are not picking the best options when attacking.

A little unlucky hitting bar twice tonight, possible penalty too but we didn't really do enough overall.

But didn't Villa hit the woodwork twice one a pen?

Cum on no one end's up unlucky, every team at any level misses a few , lucky with a few.

99 times out a 100 the best teams go up and the worst teams go down.

6 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

So you then change the manager but then after a few weeks this new manager encounters the exact same problem as the previous manager, do you sack him also? Or do you deal with the actual problem.

Not even Lansdown can find another one as bad as the YTS kid we've got now

Hed try hard mind

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

2 wins in 5 months. FIVE MONTHS.

I'd dread to think what it would be like if he's still in charge on Saturday and City trailing...

I think it goes along the lines of 'we want Johnson out'.........

problem is i just cant see him going. Probably scrape a win saturday and then it buys him more games to take us down without a fight. 

37 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

What did LJ do today that lost us this game?

If he is to be believed at half time he told the players to remain high and not sit deep and the players did the opposite of what they were told, so how is that his fault? 

Then he should have been on the touchline jumping up and down like a lunatic spouting his anger. 

Bet he wasn't. 

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

Is that Lee's press conference? haven't got round to it yet.

Having one moor Beer before I can brave it!!

Sorry I should have said MORE beer for the English teachers on here, but quite frankly id rather spend more time in then middle of Dartmoor in minus 10 than listen to anything coming out of Ashton Gate at the moment!!

42 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

As much as I respect your views and disagree with them, I can't believe what I'm reading here.....

On what criteria do you base we are a 'better team' than Burton?  You do realise where we are currently in the table and where Burton are?  Right now they're a better team than us.  There are only 3 worse teams than us, and if Blackburn draw their game in hand without us playing, we're in the bottom 3 staring at the abyss and with only 2 worse teams than us....technically one because Rotherham are woeful!

By the same token what's the criteria for teams 'better than us'?  This is like a slide from one of LJ's presentations......don't worry lads, these are bonus games!

Where is the aspiration?  To build on L1 Champions, JPT winners, 99pts, 96 goals, only 5 defeats......where's the desire, the hunger, the drive, the determination, the passion, the commitment to kick on, be better than this?  To be better than the teams 'around us'?

I simply don't get it, I really don't.

you're not the only one!

24 minutes ago, nickolas said:

So did LJ come across to the fans tonight to thank you for coming or did he run n hide down the tunnel? Clueless fool in charge taking us one way only. 

What was the reaction at the end? Booing or support still for the players?

I asked the same question as I didn't notice him come across. Apparently he did but did it quickly and 'hid' behind one of the players before quickly turning back for the tunnel, according to the girl in front of me. 

47 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

But didn't Villa hit the woodwork twice one a pen?

Cum on no one end's up unlucky, every team at any level misses a few , lucky with a few.

99 times out a 100 the best teams go up and the worst teams go down.

Well yeah totally agree. I wasn't trying to suggest it's all down to bad luck. I think key decisions can be missed though which is unlucky for any team. We are where we are for a reason, I don't put that down to bad luck. 

Archived