IGNORED

The Villa v City thread

22A

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No difference is I can explain why LJ should go and what's fundamentally wrong tactically etc

Your stick answer is 'Dont like to keep changing managers' and 'I think he will turn it around'

Thats about the depth of your posts 

You want depth? Here's why I struggle to jump on the out bandwagon. 

Tonight for 45 minutes we matched Villa, same at Newcastle, Derby and many many other games.

Very rarely have we been battered. If we were I'd be putting up the LJ Out sheets myself. 

For whatever reason tho we can't perform for longer than 45 minutes, I can't explain it, you can't explain it, LJ In his interview couldn't explain ot and neither could Bailey Wright. 

28 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Here we go - Post match clueless with Mr Wet the RB reporter

We were good first half

first goal important

their two goals had luck involved

had a ten minute wobbly spell and they capatalised

tough ask to come here and go again

Saturday must win , draw not good enough

need everyone supportive of the players

players have to step up

im going to fight and the players will fight

then interview was mysteriously stopped !!!!!

It's very difficult when your book of cliches doesn't do exactly what it says on the tin.

46 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

My views show that I am level headed and consistent. 

This is Aston Villa ffs, a team that has spent like a million years in the top flight.

Yes I'd like us to have won bur expected a defeat. Everyone is reacting like this was a nailed on 3 points. 

In the infamous interview last week, SL said "Villa, I think we've got a great chance of winning there, we can catch them, they're in our range"

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Tonight for 45 minutes we matched Villa, same at Newcastle, Derby and many many other games.

Very rarely have we been battered. If we were I'd be putting up the LJ Out sheets myself. 

For whatever reason tho we can't perform for longer than 45 minutes, I can't explain it, you can't explain it, LJ In his interview couldn't explain ot and neither could Bailey Wright. 

And you also claim the blame lies firmly at the players feet

Not one doubt about LJ , never a single criticism

Laughable

Are you his Mum or have a crush or something ?

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

We might be matching the teams we play for 45mins but we are not getting results and it's a results driven business for managers, everyone knows that (even you hopefully) 

6 minutes ago, daored said:

I hope your right, but I think you better fill your car up !

It's filled up and will be waiting outside AG after the Burton game I assure you.

2 minutes ago, redcityman said:

"Players have to step up" he says this every bloody week, when is the fool going to realise, or more importantly SL realise that whatever LJ is doing just aint working and it needs changing NOW!

What if the players don't step up tho? What can LJ do about that? A genuine question btw.  What if you change manager but they still don't step up?

I'm still disgusted by the Leicester players and I'm starting to feel the same about our players.

But hes the ******* manager it is the very definition of his job to sort that. If he can't then he can't do the job.

He talks about the problems as if he's sat in the stands watching with us. 

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

I have been the most positive happy clapper but I got to admit it GOT to me tonight. Just got back on the coach and I feel like I been put through the wringer, I feel out of love with my team and it hurts.I am sad and angry at the same time. After being on an emotional high at Newcastle we made a poor Villa look world beaters.  Fist half we couldn't put our chances away,

*2nd half we just stepped back and let them run at us. can't blame the fans as they were so supportive.

I really don't know where I go from here. I hate failure. I hate anything defeating me.shame my team can't be arsed to raise a bit of fight.

*2nd half we just stepped back and let them run at us, can't blame the fans as they were so supportive.

Interesting point as was also made by LJ .. pleased with our pressing forward in first half, some good chances that but for bad luck we could've been in front from, then second half we came out and defended deep, we're not good at that says LJ. He saw it, you saw it and the rest of our away support saw it too ( made some good noise at times tonight, well done to the travelling Reds :clapping:).... Difference being you and the rest of the support can see it happening before your very eyes, you can see what needs to happen and can do bugger all about it - LJ witnesses the same, understands what's going wrong too but unlike you & the rest of the Reds, LJ is head coach HE CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT FFS! If we're playing too deep, the gaffer sees the problem.. his job is to f'ing well tell 'em what he wants, the players take instructions on board and do what the boss says, and on his head be it.

Is LJ telling them, no DEMANDING, that they change and do what he's asking of them?  If not he's no more of a 'manager/coach' than the viewing fans in the stands... You pointed out the second half problems, LJ did the same, so why didn't he sort it out? (along with his experienced coaches working alongside him) thatscwhat he's paid for, ..the fans can't do it.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And you also claim the blame lies firmly at the players feet

Not one doubt about LJ , never a single criticism

Laughable

Are you his Mum or have a crush or something ?

What did LJ do today that lost us this game?

If he is to be believed at half time he told the players to remain high and not sit deep and the players did the opposite of what they were told, so how is that his fault? 

16 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I don't care, ive got as much right to air my opinion as everyone else. Its a struggle to keep up with all the quotes tho.

That's life tho if someone goes against the grain they are always going to get stick for it. People don't like people have different views than themselves.

No I'm saying man for man we should 100% beat Burton as we are a better team than them.

Without looking at the fixture list we should imo certainly be beating the teams around us as imo we are better than them on our day.

The games against the top teams I see them as bonus games. The point at Newcastle for example.

The second we don't beat those around us then time for a change imo.

As much as I respect your views and disagree with them, I can't believe what I'm reading here.....

On what criteria do you base we are a 'better team' than Burton?  You do realise where we are currently in the table and where Burton are?  Right now they're a better team than us.  There are only 3 worse teams than us, and if Blackburn draw their game in hand without us playing, we're in the bottom 3 staring at the abyss and with only 2 worse teams than us....technically one because Rotherham are woeful!

By the same token what's the criteria for teams 'better than us'?  This is like a slide from one of LJ's presentations......don't worry lads, these are bonus games!

Where is the aspiration?  To build on L1 Champions, JPT winners, 99pts, 96 goals, only 5 defeats......where's the desire, the hunger, the drive, the determination, the passion, the commitment to kick on, be better than this?  To be better than the teams 'around us'?

I simply don't get it, I really don't.

20 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Do you know what sets me and you apart? I never use words like waffle, nonsense, drivel etc to describe your posts because I have far to much respect for your views than to use such words. And I certainly don't say I'm not sexist but...

I've watched thousands of games in my lifetime, I was part of girls football teams when I was younger (yes girls do play football) instead of slapping on make up I was the sort of girl who wore a tracksuit and woukd smash a ball against a wall for hours. If I was a bloke I wouldn't even have to be writting this paragraph. 

I don't always agree with you but at the same time I 100% respect your views and you have every right to hold those views. Just like I do.

I know what sets you apart, you're deluded 

We has fans are not expected or paid to know the answer as to why we don't perform for more than 45 mins, whereas it's LJ's job to somehow figure out a way of changing that, if we were picking up results like we were earlier in the season then it can be classed as passable, but if like now were losing game after game and it looks like we could be going down, then everything has to be at least seen to be done to arrest said situation, if that means the owner admitting he got it wrong and sacking LJ then so be it, but we have to at least try something.

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

If he is to be believed at half time he told the players to remain high and not sit deep and the players did the opposite of what they were told, so how is that his fault? 

It's what he's done for months not just tonight 

Jesus wept

You just don't get it do you 

3 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

As much as I respect your views and disagree with them, I can't believe what I'm reading here.....

On what criteria do you base we are a 'better team' than Burton?  You do realise where we are currently in the table and where Burton are?  Right now they're a better team than us.  There are only 3 worse teams than us, and if Blackburn draw their game in hand without us playing, we're in the bottom 3 staring at the abyss and with only 2 worse teams than us....technically one because Rotherham are woeful!

By the same token what's the criteria for teams 'better than us'?  This is like a slide from one of LJ's presentations......don't worry lads, these are bonus games!

Where is the aspiration?  To build on L1 Champions, JPT winners, 99pts, 96 goals, only 5 defeats......where's the desire, the hunger, the drive, the determination, the passion, the commitment to kick on, be better than this?  To be better than the teams 'around us'?

I simply don't get it, I really don't.

On paper man for man we have a better team than Burton. Just like tonight Villa had a better team than us.

@WhistleHappy it's so frustrating isn't it, beyond frustrating now. We all can see it, there is no need for the players to suddenly back off. 5 (?)bookings today suggest they didn't...but they did. Like I said the fans were supportive, so it wasn't that. The Villa fans didn't make a sound until they scored so our players weren't being pressured or intimidated. LJ has said previously he doesnt instruct they to back of, yet they do. We know they will do it at some point on the match and so now do other teams, they just have to be patient against us and eventually we will crumble.

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Mate, he's in charge, after the paSt 5 months, the buck stops with him

I run a business and yes I sometimes I employ people who can't do the job as I expected or sometimes teams are doing what I need. I don't just sit there and say "well I don't get it, Ive told them what needs dping" I take responsibility, highlight the problem and make the change.

He's the ******* manager! Who do you think is going to change things if not him?

13 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

In the infamous interview last week, SL said "Villa, I think we've got a great chance of winning there, we can catch them, they're in our range"

Could he name the Villa X1? Was he aware they have only lost 2 at home? Does he have his finger on the Championship pulse? 

I wonder how he would explain our failure to take up this "great chance" we had tonight? Oh, let me guess - great club, parachute payments, Bruce Steve......

33 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I don't care, ive got as much right to air my opinion as everyone else. Its a struggle to keep up with all the quotes tho.

That's life tho if someone goes against the grain they are always going to get stick for it. People don't like people have different views than themselves.

No I'm saying man for man we should 100% beat Burton as we are a better team than them.

Without looking at the fixture list we should imo certainly be beating the teams around us as imo we are better than them on our day.

The games against the top teams I see them as bonus games. The point at Newcastle for example.

The second we don't beat those around us then time for a change imo.

Not wishing to add too much to the rather Painful attack on your defence of the situation here, so i will keep it simple and respectful.

Just how many football games of any description,  at any level have you actually witnessed this season ?

a simple numerical answer will suffice, and of course i will accept it if you choose not to answer.

if you are a regular attendee at AG this season your defence and positivity are even more remarkable.

• Admin
44 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Been saying this for ages, and receiving a lot of stick for it, but there is something fundamentally wrong with the way the owner operates.  There is more to put right than sacking a failed manager, although that would be a start. But it still leaves a failed 'Project' of a failed owner.

I think I shall now retire to bed and look forward to starting my working day with reading  abusive texts - that should get me fired up for work, I need something to !

Earlier you claimed to have been going to games in the 1940's, yet you are still working.......

Archived