IGNORED

The Villa v City thread

22A

Just now, willitonciderhead said:

LJ may be a nice bloke and have his heart at BCFC, but sorry, not ready for this level.

Bye Lee, and good luck.

Couldn't agree more, I wish it would have worked out, the idea of appointing someone with the club at heart, someone young to carry us forward,if it had worked we would be one of the most stable clubs in the league but isn't a good enough manager yet, I'm not sure now if he ever will be but time to go now, if the club means so much to him, he should leave for the clubs benefit

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

We were not in a relegation fight when Cotts went?

Yes, which is why I said 6 in 7 seasons. We were in a relegation fight because the board let the manager down, like they do most of the time. Didn't even back our double-winning manager.

3 minutes ago, B block said:

Let's play Johnson bullshit bingo

I'll go first, villa are a quality side, closely followed by we held them for 45 min

johnson out 

'Fine margins'

' We have our identity back'

' We are in this together and will turn it around'

Load of bullsxxt!

The man is clueless and we are all being taken for a ride by a an owner who does not realise what this club actually means to lots of people.

If LJ is still in charge on Saturday and that does not start well...................

1 minute ago, JHAGa said:

Of course LJ takes a share of the blame but it's the board that are the constant in our years of struggling. What is it, 6 relegation fights in 7 seasons? Then they sacked the manager that brought us a title and two trophies in the one season we didn't have a relegation fight after a bad run of fixtures after they failed to back the manager in the summer.

You have to ask why Cotterill didn't receive anything like the financial backing that Johnso has. Not enough of a yes man for our owners liking I suspect. He was hung out to dry, replaced by a yes man who isn't up to it and now said owner will probably have to spunk more of his own cash up the wall to try and repair a mess that is entirely of his own making.

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Sorry are you smoking crack?

No, are you?

6 minutes ago, Gakoe said:

Fcuking depressing now!

Get a grip, far more depressing things in life than losing football matches.

5 minutes ago, tts_city said:

You cant keep coming out with the same old shit month after month, we are a profesional football club, two wins in five ******* months, ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ANYONE EVER!

There are 92 professional football clubs, plus a couple more in the conference. Someome has to lose, now is just our time. We have no divine right to win.

No its not good enough. Its bloody annoying but mouthing off on here ain't gonna change that is ir?

11 minutes ago, keflav said:

Been Saying for ages the problem is Flint (ok LJ is a complete ass clown too) but all the goals we conceded and everyone else around Flint been change and we still concede, he's the common denominator in the utter shitness that's is our defence get him and LJ out of the club now...

For someone who is so good in the air we concede way to many headers. As you say everything's changed apart from him and we still concede.

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Villa are a good team, in all honesty they should be up at the top. Next season they probs will be. Man for man they are a better team than us. They have some top players. Ok they are not doing too well but form is temporary and class is permanent. One day they are gonna turn it around and why shouldn't it be against us?

I think most of our fans think we are better than we are.

Maybe now is time for a change? I'm just not sure. I think the Burton game is the deciding one tbh.

In this game we have had our chances, it could have gone either way, not quite sure how much blame can be attributed to LJ for us losing? Or does he get the blame by default of him being our manager??

Didn't he pick the team, select tactics (were there any) spend millions on players and not play them; this is not a one off, we have won twice in about the last million games.........and you want to wait and see if we can beat little Burton first :facepalm: then forget everything that's happened over the last 3mths plus? and then everything will be fine as we pull away from the relegation threat...............umm no wont happen, too late already; we need a new manager to restore some pride and at least put up a fight...although its probably to late now anyway......but we could try at least.

4 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

You don`t think that he and Uncle Steve would come to some mutually acceptable agreement? I`m not bloody naïve.

Anyway, it should be SL who has the cojones to fire the runt.

You've hit the nail on the head - if someone is daft enough to keep employing him....

If I could turn in abject performances day in day out for the most handsome wage packet I've ever received I'm ****** if I'm resigning!

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You have to ask why Cotterill didn't receive anything like the financial backing that Johnso has. Not enough of a yes man for our owners liking I suspect. He was hung out to dry, replaced by a yes man who isn't up to it and now said owner will probably have to spunk more of his own cash up the wall to try and repair a mess that is entirely of his own making.

That's an excellent point.

8 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Villa are a good team, in all honesty they should be up at the top. Next season they probs will be. Man for man they are a better team than us. They have some top players. Ok they are not doing too well but form is temporary and class is permanent. One day they are gonna turn it around and why shouldn't it be against us?

I think most of our fans think we are better than we are.

Maybe now is time for a change? I'm just not sure. I think the Burton game is the deciding one tbh.

In this game we have had our chances, it could have gone either way, not quite sure how much blame can be attributed to LJ for us losing? Or does he get the blame by default of him being our manager??

That is just one excuse after another, the sort of BS LJ will spew out in his post match David Brentesque interview later.

Take a look at the first Villa goal and then look at virtually every goal that we have conceded in the past 5 miserable months, the coaching must be a pathetic joke to not be able to coach better defending and midfield defending in that period of time, that is down to LJ and his coaches, they are plainly unfit for purpose.

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Because he didn't sell a player for £14m? And because he didn't get a three year extension before his awful run. Pretty simple really. 

2 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Don`t say that. Apparently its naïve.

It really is naive to expect an employee of one of the most lucrative businesses in the world to resign from a handsomely paid position on some made up sense of decency. 

He didn't ask for the job. He was approached and accepted it. He doesn't choose to continue to be contracted - SL does. 

Can you give a legitimate reason why he would resign? Because he loves the club? Behave! 

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Maybe the previous manager had a narrower view of players he'd consider and agents he would rather work with. Who knows.

Either way, the current situation isn't working and the sooner it changes the better.

Archived