IGNORED

The Villa v City thread

22A

Just in case I am correct and we are relegated. I'd like Lansdown to make a Q&A to the fans, including an apology for this mess. I'd personally like to speak to him and share my thoughts with him, which of course he would not like.

Sorry if I upset any fans here with my following comments. Even though I'm grateful for SL for all he has done for the club. The investment, upgrading the stadium, training facilities etc. What matters is the results on the pitch and the progress of the club as a whole. Which have not progressed under SL.

What I'm getting at is I think Lansdown should really consider selling the club to a potential new buyer who would also have the clubs interest in his head, rather than his heart. 

This side is good enough to at least have a couple shots at goal. LJ has lost the trust of the players capable I.e. Pack, Tomlin, Paterson. The latter two have by far enough experience, not even mentioning how this same defence did fine towards the latter end of last season.

And the less said about poor Gustav the better. He was great against Hull and Fleetwood and I never really saw hide nor tail of him again. 

Everything comes to those who wait, many said no he has not got it in him, including me. Watched him play he had no bottle, waited a year as he showed no bottle, surrogate father stands by him. So we all waited, let down by Johnson, the players he lost and mentor SL.

problem is none of us will want to lose our seat next season so it will go on in lge1, we pay and watch the investment fail.

we have seen the ferocious protests at other grounds where the paying fans have been short changed - will there be a rebellion at the gate?......................

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You might have opinions @Up The City!

But based on what you can't ever explain  -   you just waffle waffle nonsense

Sorry but as I've said - As I said you can tell you've never kicked a ball

Do you know what sets me and you apart? I never use words like waffle, nonsense, drivel etc to describe your posts because I have far to much respect for your views than to use such words. And I certainly don't say I'm not sexist but...

I've watched thousands of games in my lifetime, I was part of girls football teams when I was younger (yes girls do play football) instead of slapping on make up I was the sort of girl who wore a tracksuit and woukd smash a ball against a wall for hours. If I was a bloke I wouldn't even have to be writting this paragraph. 

I don't always agree with you but at the same time I 100% respect your views and you have every right to hold those views. Just like I do.

I think our only chance now is if Tammy comes back asap. We've definitely not had the same goal threat since he's been out and it's even worse without Djuric either. He must be itching to get back after a break and could be back to his early season form when he returns, hopefully starting on Saturday.

13 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Do you know what sets me and you apart? I never use words like waffle, nonsense, drivel etc to describe your posts because I have far to much respect for your views than to use such words. And I certainly don't say I'm not sexist but...

I've watched thousands of games in my lifetime, I was part of girls football teams when I was younger (yes girls do play football) instead of slapping on make up I was the sort of girl who wore a tracksuit and woukd smash a ball against a wall for hours. If I was a bloke I wouldn't even have to be writting this paragraph. 

I don't always agree with you but at the same time I 100% respect your views and you have every right to hold those views. Just like I do.

No difference is I can explain why LJ should go and what's fundamentally wrong tactically etc

Your stock answer is 'Dont like to keep changing managers' and 'I think he will turn it around'

Thats about the depth of your posts 

7 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I don't care, ive got as much right to air my opinion as everyone else.

The games against the top teams I see them as bonus games. The point at Newcastle for example.

The second we don't beat those around us then time for a change imo.

I agree to an extent about "bonus points' against the top teams. The problem is when you don't pick up points in the sec games it has an impact on confidence. 

Whilst in isolation Saturday was a positive result and a good point. We've once again thrown away a lead, when you add that to recently Cardiff, Reading (to an extent), Derby and then Newcastle it doesn't help with confidence. For me it's bad coaching / game management, to lose leads in the final 10/20 minutes of a game raises questions about the players and the management / coaching.

We've got Burton, Wigan and Blackburn to play. We have to get 9 points out of those games, I would be surprised if we get any more than four. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I just can't see it 

SL would not stand by a fund manager at Hargreaves Lansdown if they had the kind of record as LJ. As a friend of mine recently said he would have asked him to clear his desk and given him a cardboard box to take his stuff. Shows the way he thinks about the club. Just needs to take the blinkers off and make the right decision. Although I think its too late. 

36 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Gentleman, it's been an honour posting with you.

And Sir with you, it appears however that Seaman Lansdown has left his post and is in lifeboat number 2.  We must act as Gentlemen, I take it you locked up Seaman Johnson below decks as instructed?

20 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Been saying this for ages, and receiving a lot of stick for it, but there is something fundamentally wrong with the way the owner operates.  There is more to put right than sacking a failed manager, although that would be a start. But it still leaves a failed 'Project' of a failed owner.

I think I shall now retire to bed and look forward to starting my working day with reading  abusive texts - that should get me fired up for work, I need something to !

Nothing abusive from me. Doug Ellis was a good owner,,,SL could do worse than have a conversation with Deadly Doug// as was Sir John Hall

5 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Just in case I am correct and we are relegated. I'd like Lansdown to make a Q&A to the fans, including an apology for this mess. I'd personally like to speak to him and share my thoughts with him, which of course he would not like.

Sorry if I upset any fans here with my following comments. Even though I'm grateful for SL for all he has done for the club. The investment, upgrading the stadium, training facilities etc. What matters is the results on the pitch and the progress of the club as a whole. Which have not progressed under SL.

What I'm getting at is I think Lansdown should really consider selling the club to a potential new buyer who would also have the clubs interest in his head, rather than his heart. 

Lansdown should stand back and let football experts run city, his personnel choices and appointments are rubbish, Johnson just the latest, manager we never experienced Copple and crap GK James perhaps best example

5 minutes ago, daored said:

I agree to an extent about "bonus points' against the top teams. The problem is when you don't pick up points in the sec games it has an impact on confidence. 

Whilst in isolation Saturday was a positive result and a good point. We've once again thrown away a lead, when you add that to recently Cardiff, Reading (to an extent), Derby and then Newcastle it doesn't help with confidence. For me it's bad coaching / game management, to lose leads in the final 10/20 minutes of a game raises questions about the players and the management / coaching.

We've got Burton, Wigan and Blackburn to play. We have to get 9 points out of those games, I would be surprised if we get any more than four. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I just can't see it 

Those games imo we either get 9 points or I'll drive him out of the club myself.

It's getting worryingly close to being out of our hands. Despite the poor run we've usually competed pretty well and looked like we could get something from games, but we are now starting to really not perform with it now aswell. We look weak, we don't anticipate where the ball is going, we are not picking the best options when attacking.

A little unlucky hitting bar twice tonight, possible penalty too but we didn't really do enough overall.

Archived