IGNORED

The Villa v City thread

22A

5 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Usually I'd say "do not lose" but Burton is MUST win

100% got to win it.

4 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

I'm sorry mate but I can't even admire your positivity any more you really are totally bloody deluded almost to the point of being insane.

No need for personal insults because of my views.

2 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Too little, too late.  If you are banking on that as a saviour, I fear you will be very disappointed!!

I'm talking more about what I think the board will do.

I don't think he will be sacked on the back of this game although he might be but really I thinj the Burton game if we lose that will force SL to take action.

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Who's to say that its not being explained to them? But that they keep making these stupid pathetic mistakes.

Just someone who looks at the bigger picture. Collectively they are all to blame, the players, manager and coaches. LJ can only do so much. Once the players cross the line it's upto them and they are the ones letting us down big time.

I'm fed up in football that the manager always gets the blame but the players get off Scott free. 

Really that is your excuse?.

That is hilarious and that being the case remind me how many midfielders and full backs we signed in the last window to cover for these morons that keeping making these stupid pathetic mistakes?.

or perhaps of course our manager and his coaches just like you don't see a problem.

2 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I'm not even sure it's that. I think SL feels he has to stand by one manager through his contract, and idiotically he stands by HIM. It's unreal. Richard Hill got the bullet from Bristol Rugby earlier this season.... what's the issue here Steve? Two relegated Bristol Sport teams in the same season is NOT a success story

Yes! Why this blind loyalty towards LJ who has absolutely no previous track record of success anywhere???!!!! SC won us League One with records tumbling all over the shop and SL never threw money at him, yet LJ has won **** all and has has millions to spunk on average players whilst shipping out players who were better than what we have now!

10 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I'm saying to sack him on a game we shouldn't have expected to win is laughable, the Burton game for me is his deciding game as that's a game we should 100% win.

Villa have been in poor form recently, I don't think it was a game we couldn't have expected not to get anything from.

Burton will be up for the game on Saturday. I just hope our players are as up for it. Personally, as things are I don't think we'll beat Burton on Saturday 

1 minute ago, daored said:

Villa have been in poor form recently, I don't think it was a game we couldn't have expected not to get anything from.

Burton will be up for the game on Saturday. I just hope our players are as up for it. Personally, as things are I don't think we'll beat Burton on Saturday 

And nor do I.

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

It has to be faced. Even a thumping win against Burton will mean **** all In the big scheme of things.

We have Blackburn and Wigan away. And can we win away? Can we ****.

It's nearly at the stage where we have to win at both. BOTH WHAT!!!!

Sorry I think we are going down with a wimper. For betting folk 2nd bottom looks our likely end destination.

I have been the most positive happy clapper but I got to admit it GOT to me tonight. Just got back on the coach and I feel like I been put through the wringer, I feel out of love with my team and it hurts.I am sad and angry at the same time. After being on an emotional high at Newcastle we made a poor Villa look world beaters.  Fist half we couldn't put our chances away, 2nd half we just stepped back and let them run at us. can't blame the fans as they were so supportive.

I really don't know where I go from here. I hate failure. I hate anything defeating me.shame my team can't be arsed to raise a bit of fight.

Here we go - Post match clueless with Mr Wet the RB reporter

We were good first half

first goal important

their two goals had luck involved

had a ten minute wobbly spell and they capatalised

tough ask to come here and go again

Saturday must win , draw not good enough

need everyone supportive of the players

players have to step up

im going to fight and the players will fight

then interview was mysteriously stopped !!!!!

4 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I think the complete opposite. And I d9nt think LJ is the driver of the signings.

Hasn't it been confirmed before that LJ identifies the players he wants and MA takes over from there? No doubt scouting plays its part but i believe LJ certainly plays his part in which players we sign.

In the real world a side that suffered 17 defeats in 23 matches, and only avoiding the relegation zone on goal difference would dismiss their head coach.

Sadly, our Board don't live in the real world, and reside in an alternative reality called the Project.

So it's Johnson for the season.

To our wonderful fans the world over let's inspire the team to Championship safety.

We're the club's only hope right now.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

We were good first half

first goal important

players have to step up

Sniper maybe...

Been saying this for ages, and receiving a lot of stick for it, but there is something fundamentally wrong with the way the owner operates.  There is more to put right than sacking a failed manager, although that would be a start. But it still leaves a failed 'Project' of a failed owner.

I think I shall now retire to bed and look forward to starting my working day with reading  abusive texts - that should get me fired up for work, I need something to !

We were good first half

first goal important

players have to step up

Crocodiles tears from LJ

We were good first half

first goal important

players have to step up

Wasn't me didn't do it.....again...........man up LJ your team your fault.....leave.

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Been saying this for ages, and receiving a lot of stick for it, but there is something fundamentally wrong with the way the owner operates.  There is more to put right than sacking a failed manager, although that would be a start. But it still leaves a failed 'Project' of a failed owner.

I think I shall now retire to bed and look forward to starting my working day with reading  abusive texts - that should get me fired up for work, I need something to !

I keep saying it, SL needs to think with his head and not his heart 

8 minutes ago, AshtonG666 said:

You are getting a battering here and I don't see it ending anytime soon with some of these replies :laugh:

I don't care, ive got as much right to air my opinion as everyone else. Its a struggle to keep up with all the quotes tho.

That's life tho if someone goes against the grain they are always going to get stick for it. People don't like people have different views than themselves.

7 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

One min you're saying we don't have divine right to win football matches, in the next breath you're saying we should 100% beat Burton.....you can't have it both ways!

No I'm saying man for man we should 100% beat Burton as we are a better team than them.

6 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Jesus christ you have said that nonsense over the past 5 games.

So here's my scenario if and for me it's a huge if we manage to beat Burton, exactly how many games of the 11 that are left can we actually be expected to win? over to you.

Without looking at the fixture list we should imo certainly be beating the teams around us as imo we are better than them on our day.

The games against the top teams I see them as bonus games. The point at Newcastle for example.

The second we don't beat those around us then time for a change imo.

34 minutes ago, ontariored said:

Time to pull the 5 pillars down; it ain't working.

It's not the 5 pillars that ain't working, it's Lee Johnson's management of the team. 

I've never been one of knee jerk reaction sacking the manager when things start to go wrong. However, our form/results since end of October is nothing short of shocking and I am struggling to see any reason why LJ is still in his job.

Archived