The Villa v City thread

22A

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sorry 

(And I'm not sexist)

but your views show that you've never kicked a ball in your life

Frighteningly Blind

or a WUM

My views show that I am level headed and consistent. 

This is Aston Villa ffs, a team that has spent like a million years in the top flight.

Yes I'd like us to have won bur expected a defeat. Everyone is reacting like this was a nailed on 3 points. 

13 minutes ago, Souchez said:

We all know deep down that unfortunately he's not gonna be gone after tonites game ,if we don't get anything less than a win against burton Saturday we're as good as down and we have to lay the blame with the board who have refused to react to the sorry state we're in due to our inept manager 

100% agree 

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

No, are you?

Get a grip, far more depressing things in life than losing football matches.

There are 92 professional football clubs, plus a couple more in the conference. Someome has to lose, now is just our time. We have no divine right to win.

No its not good enough. Its bloody annoying but mouthing off on here ain't gonna change that is ir?

No team has a divine right to win, however clubs bring in managers to do just that WIN and that's not happening 

Bottom line is, our current manager doesn't suit this club and is not the right fit and it's not working

It happens in all walks of life, when something isn't working you hold your hands up, admit you have got it wrong and do something about it 

Simple really! 

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

This is Aston Villa ffs, a team that has spent like a million years in the top flight.

Yes I'd like us to have won bur expected a defeat. Everyone is reacting like this was a nailed on 3 points. 

How many of the other defeats in our temporary blip of 17 in 23 did you expect us to lose? All 16 of them?

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

My views show that I am clueless and consistently blind

My latest excuse for 'Our Lee' is - This is Aston Villa ffs, a team that has spent like a million years in the top flight.

So you are isolating one game - what's your excuse for the last 5 months

( corrected for you) 

4 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Dont look good, Burton game must be a win. This is a thriller. Blackburn, Wigan, Wolves, QPR ooo. Its many games left but it will be nervous. Coyr

Oh FFS, must win or our heads will fall off, we win we still have no hope if LJ`s still here...and not much if he aint..... but at least some.

5 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Didn't he pick the team, select tactics (were there any) spend millions on players and not play them; this is not a one off, we have won twice in about the last million games.........and you want to wait and see if we can beat little Burton first :facepalm: then forget everything that's happened over the last 3mths plus? and then everything will be fine as we pull away from the relegation threat...............umm no wont happen, too late already; we need a new manager to restore some pride and at least put up a fight...although its probably to late now anyway......but we could try at least.

The blame imo lies fully at the feet of our players.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

That is just one excuse after another, the sort of BS LJ will spew out in his post match David Brentesque interview later.

Take a look at the first Villa goal and then look at virtually every goal that we have conceded in the past 5 miserable months, the coaching must be a pathetic joke to not be able to coach better defending and midfield defending in that period of time, that is down to LJ and his coaches, they are plainly unfit for purpose.

It's OK, we can sack LJ and put the messiah Pembo in charge who is equally at fault for the training. 

I think everyone's just had a guts full of it mate. Something's gotta change. 

Just now, Cheesleysmate said:

We are going down. I'm done with it. I shall not bother watching City again until LJ is gone and we are back in the Championship. Been supporting City for years but this board are treating the fans like *****. I'm out!

Only the highlighted bit for me. Had a ticket for Newcastle and one for tonight and gave them away. I just can't watch it. He HAS to, he just HAS to.

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Yes they did spend years in the top flight but they are not that team now and their recent form has been shocking 

Blackburn, Portsmouth, Blackpool to name afew have been top flight clubs but look at them now 

11 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Of course LJ takes a share of the blame but it's the board that are the constant in our years of struggling. What is it, 6 relegation fights in 7 seasons? Then they sacked the manager that brought us a title and two trophies in the one season we didn't have a relegation fight after a bad run of fixtures after they failed to back the manager in the summer.

I do agree with you 100% on this, i thought you were defending LJ with the first post, apologies!

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Maybe the previous manager had a narrower view of players he'd consider and agents he would rather work with. Who knows.

Either way, the current situation isn't working and the sooner it changes the better.

Nail on head, funds where available but certain players who wanted massive wages and bonus's where chased by the manager for some reason or another.

It's OK, we can sack LJ and put the messiah Pembo in charge who is equally at fault for the training. 

Can I ask then who brings in the players and selects the players???   the players?

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Which is what I am saying, we need to get shot of the lot LJ and his coaching staff, how long does it take to explain to even the dullest pro footballer how to block a cross and how to close an opponent down?, 5 months???????

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

How many of the other defeats in our temporary blip of 17 in 23 did you expect us to lose? All 16 of them?

I'm honest enough to say only the Brighton and Huddersfield games tbh, maybe Leeds aswell. All the other games were winnable but for whatever reason we couldn't perform for 90 mins. 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

So you are isolating one game - what's your excuse for the last 5 months

Clueless as LJ is

I'm saying to sack him on a game we shouldn't have expected to win is laughable, the Burton game for me is his deciding game as that's a game we should 100% win.

1 minute ago, AshtonG666 said:

Yes they did spend years in the top flight but they are not that team now and their recent form has been shocking 

Blackburn, Portsmouth, Blackpool omname afew have been top flight clubs but look at them now 

Think Villa have been in the Premier League for longer than any of those examples. You can't quote Villa and the likes of Bradford City in the same sentence. Different histories, bigger club etc etc

3 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

The whole set up needs overhauling.Poor manager and inept tactics and do they actually coach the players to perform so poorly?

The whole management side of the club needs replacing en bloc but I think it's going to be too late.Shoud have happened in December.

Yep. Way too late. Like a slow motion car crash. We could all see it coming but the man up top is either blind to it or ambivalent.

Archived