IGNORED

The Villa v City thread

22A

1 hour ago, 22A said:

OK folks, I thought I'd start this un over nine hours before kick off.

On Facebook LJ has posted that tonight City are facing the Galacticos of the Championship. I've commented that if struggling Villa are the Galacticos, what does that make leaders Newcastle.

Barca Rovers?

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

I am hoping for a repeat of the lovely feeling I got when we blew them away at the Gate, just after their fans had been singing "You've only come to see the Villa". My how we laughed :):)

I think they will try on Cotts back because of his Brum connection and I think he is the sort of player that will get fired up by that.....

and sent off !!!!

I think the game is made for Cotterill tonight, Birmingham player on loan and he has the makings of being a leader for us for the run-in. I've got a good feeling about him tonight. If we can get 60-70 out of Wilbs and a good shift out of Smith and O'Neil then we can nick this tonight. It's time for our experienced players to take this game and the rest of our season by the scruff of the neck. 

Despite my anti-LJ sentiment I will be shouting the lads on tonight at Villa Park. Time to stand up and be counted City, you can do it.

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Oh you scamp @22A. @havanatopia is Mr League Match Day Thread...

This has a draw written all over it. 1-1 or 2-2. In fact, on my accy today, it's down for a draw.

That being said, I've put the usual bets for Villa to win and both teams to score as well as a bet for City to win and both teams to score. Will cash out when City are 2-0 up and then Villa claw one back.

Where is your pre-match betting thread @Septic Peg? I thought you were going to be starting one before every game?

15 minutes ago, spudski said:

Whilst he gives honest appraisals of teams, he's a bit like SoD, when comparing teams. Spends too much emphasis 'bigging up' how good the opposition is and not enough on what we are capable of imo. Yes be honest...but why put a seed of doubt in the players and fans head before even putting a foot on the pitch? Or perhaps he does...and it's just the way it's reported on the main site.

Putting a positive slant on it...

Villa have spent a bloody fortune and find themselves in a downward spiral and looking at a relegation battle. Crowd on their back. Could say ditto for us

They are a team of prima donnas who play as individuals rather than a team. Have we played the same team of players more than once

They have only won once in 10 games, of which 7 they have lost. Are we nearly the same

They are their for the taking. We know Bakers faults...Wilbs get in his face...We know JK's faults...offside all the time. Albert needs Bryan or Odowda to kick him in to touch first 10 mins. And Grealish needs Baily Wright in his face too.... if only it was that easy ;-) We will not be favourites

C'mon the Reds...Take the Villa down. Villa have more talented players than us though do we have a better team? depends on LJ v Mr Bruce

2-0 City win tonight.... Please :-) Could be but more likely 0-2 Villa

We will never see things the same but I do hope for a City win tonight and Sat; more likely the opposite but we will see.

3 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

We will never see things the same but I do hope for a City win tonight and Sat; more likely the opposite but we will see.

I just prefer to be positive and optimistic, rather than finding negative things all the time.

The forum is full of negativity...not a happy clapper...but I'm a great believer in positive energy getting positive results, rather than negativity all the time. ;-)

On match day...I try to remain optimistic...it's better for your well being ;-)

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

I just prefer to be positive and optimistic, rather than finding negative things all the time.

The forum is full of negativity...not a happy clapper...but I'm a great believer in positive energy getting positive results, rather than negativity all the time. ;-)

On match day...I try to remain optimistic...it's better for your well being ;-)

Normally I would agree with this post but I think even you would have to admit that every single milligram of positivity has been summarily drained from the vast majority of fans over pretty much a 5 month run of mainly piss poor performances of biblical proportions and leading to an attitude of predictability/inevitability, we are a team unable to sustain 90 minutes and particularly fade in the final third of games, yes there have been glimmers of hope but by and large they have been few and far between and not for a full 90 minutes.

I suppose the feeling I have is SL has gone for shit or bust this time and I am not sure that I have that amount of faith in either LJ or some of his signings.

• Admin

I'm just gonna say here and now I will be happy with a draw tonight, even if we are 4-0 up at half time. In fact especially if we are 4-0 up at half time because should we find ourselves in that position at 8:30 tonight I will be going straight onto Skybet and backing the Villa win/draw. Just like I did with the Newcastle win/draw on Saturday. If we're gonna be shit, let's make some cold hard cash off it :) 

Come on you reds! (Or yellows if we think red clashes with claret)

20 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I'm just gonna say here and now I will be happy with a draw tonight, even if we are 4-0 up at half time. In fact especially if we are 4-0 up at half time because should we find ourselves in that position at 8:30 tonight I will be going straight onto Skybet and backing the Villa win/draw. Just like I did with the Newcastle win/draw on Saturday. If we're gonna be shit, let's make some cold hard cash off it :) 

Well we're certainly not mustard at the moment 

30 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Exactly my thoughts. Love the cash out option on skybet if you know City are going to flop. 

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

Some optimistic predictions on here for a change.

Just to add a bit of balance, Villla have only lost twice at home this season - their home form is keeping them out of the bottom three.

True to say that those two defeats have come in three of their last home games and their form over the last six games (more relevant than last 10 imo) is dire with five defeats, 3 scored and 11 conceded. They managed to beat Derby on Saturday with 29% possession and two shots on target (Derby had one on target with their 71% possession).

Even so, we aren't that much better over our last six and we have only won 2 away all season.

Feels like a scoring draw, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Which is what I would expect after saturdays game and another important game this coming saturday.

There will be a few knocks and bruises to sort out as well.

I'd hope he keeps the same back four (maybe Magnusson LB) and keep O'Dowda and Cotterill out wide and keeps Tomlin on the bench.

Villa have the best defence in the bottom half*

We seem to score a fair few, and though I havent checked I'd imagine we have one of the better attack of the bottom half.

My heart says 2-1 win, my head says 1-1 draw.

*according to some bloke on their forum, not double checked

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Oh you scamp @22A. @havanatopia is Mr League Match Day Thread...

This has a draw written all over it. 1-1 or 2-2. In fact, on my accy today, it's down for a draw.

That being said, I've put the usual bets for Villa to win and both teams to score as well as a bet for City to win and both teams to score. Will cash out when City are 2-0 up and then Villa claw one back.

Last of the big spenders -

No. Selections Event Event Date E/W Terms Odds Result
1 Bristol City  Aston Villa v Bristol City
(Full Time Result)
28/02/2017 None 16/5 To Run
2 Blackburn  Blackburn v Derby
(Full Time Result)
28/02/2017 None 2/1 To Run
3 Newcastle  Brighton v Newcastle
(Full Time Result)
28/02/2017 None 21/10 To Run

Multiples
Bet Type No of Bets Unit Stake Total Stake To Return Returns
Doubles 3 0.35 1.05 12.22  
Total Stake:  1.05

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

This is the best bet known to man! Any of my mates i speak to about Bristol city it's BTTS and city to lose (currently) 

Shame they beat Derby at the weekend, otherwise the atmosphere could've been really toxic.

Somehow can't see LJ keeping same line-up, unless Wilbs has had yet another painkilling injection in his hip!!

Game to go either way - Cotts to smash one in from 25yds in last min for us, or Albert to cross for JK to head a winner for them.

However it goes, let's support the team and get the win! COYR!

2 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Shame they beat Derby at the weekend, otherwise the atmosphere could've been really toxic.

Somehow can't see LJ keeping same line-up, unless Wilbs has had yet another painkilling injection in his hip!!

Game to go either way - Cotts to smash one in from 25yds in last min for us, or Albert to cross for JK to head a winner for them.

However it goes, let's support the team and get the win! COYR!

Injections effects are meant to last 2-3 weeks. If he had it done early last week, he'd be fine for a run tonight. Stick him on with Matty I reckon.

24 minutes ago, cynic said:

Some optimistic predictions on here for a change.

Just to add a bit of balance, Villla have only lost twice at home this season - their home form is keeping them out of the bottom three.

True to say that those two defeats have come in three of their last home games and their form over the last six games (more relevant than last 10 imo) is dire with five defeats, 3 scored and 11 conceded. They managed to beat Derby on Saturday with 29% possession and two shots on target (Derby had one on target with their 71% possession).

Even so, we aren't that much better over our last six and we have only won 2 away all season.

Feels like a scoring draw, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Which is what I would expect after saturdays game and another important game this coming saturday.

There will be a few knocks and bruises to sort out as well.

I'd hope he keeps the same back four (maybe Magnusson LB) and keep O'Dowda and Cotterill out wide and keeps Tomlin on the bench.

Must admit I would keep the same  team as much as poss that is.

Archived